Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #16  

Default new to site and ww

HI I certainly have been wanting to try ww but just dont have the info. I have looked online at ww but havent joined. I havent joined or gone to the meetings either. Want to lose 20 lbs. Not quite sure how to do so. Every monday i start by saying "ok, only eating healthy today and by noon it has just gone by the wayside. I really need to get a hold of myself. Lost 12 lbs on sb a year ago and gained it all back plus. Not only that, but it is all in my stomach and waist area!!! Making me feel really bloated, wonder is this is unusual? Anyway, I sure would appreciate some help. This is my 3rd time on this so do not know how to get around. Most specifially, dont know how to post my own message. Hope to hear from a few of you ou there. I am 64 years old, work part time and have no childred at home. Both are grown and gone.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:46 PM   #17  
Going to Disney - 2005

hootie:
If you go to one meeting you will get all the info you need to do the program. I would suggest buying the food companion cause it has lots of food info. The rest you can find on the web or ask here at 3 FC.

When you want to post your own message. Just hit start a new thread. Then you will have it.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:55 PM   #18  

Default I'm Also Doing WW by Myself

I'm doing WW on my own as well. With the cost of gas right now, I can't justify driving 45 minutes--one way-- and then paying for a meeting on top of that. We have 7 kids although only 4 of them are at home, but we are supporting 6 of them and the total cost each week to go to the meetings is too high. I figured it was better to do it on my own than not do it at all. I did get my materials off of eBay and my MIL is also doing WW (but in another state). I joined 3FC for the support and this seems like an awesome site. Today is only my second day and I'm struggling a bit with hunger pangs (but am I really hungry or is it just in my head??). I walked 40 minutes today with my baby and plan to exercise as well as watch points. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only not going to the meetings.

Kiki
Old 06-12-2005, 10:10 PM   #19  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one on Winning Points! It is a great program. I find that it's just flexible enough while being structured enough that even my ADD brain can handle it alone. (Though it's SO much easier with the support I get here!)

If I can pry my husband away from the TV, I'm going to work out to a video and earn a couple points for a small treat before bed
Old 06-13-2005, 11:32 AM   #20  

hey all mind if a newbie joins the chat i am 23 from maryland i just started WW ( on my own) last monday and lost about 2 pounds ( although went to graduation parties over the weekend so we will see) lol
i was down to 156 in november and have gained it all back i was on wieght watchers.. i just love bread and potatos lol

this morning i had a bagel with cream cheese

for lunch i am going to try to stick to just my lean cuisine sante fe rice and beans

also want to go to the gym around 11:30 (oops that now gotta run be back when im done excerciseing)
Old 06-13-2005, 12:24 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 193.5/ 193.5 / 141

Height: 5'3

I am another that is doing Winning Points cause I already had the system and it worked really good for me, but think about all the new Flex that is Winning Points minus your 35 extra Flex point which Winning Points is 27 for my weight and 27 x 7 =189 Flex Points 22 x 7 + 35 =189. I also think the Wendies is great also cause when you chg up your daily points really at the end of the week 189 is my max and 175 min. But I also enjoy doing it ON MY OWN.

Good Luck
Stacey
Old 06-13-2005, 03:32 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello,
I too am doing WW at home. I am doing the Wendie Plan.
I so far have lost 20 lbs. I find it amazing that when I am not expencting a loss because I made bad choices, I get a good loss.

Well have a great day!
Wendy
Old 06-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #23  

Hi thanks for answering me. I dont know anything much abot ww. What is the the difference between trhe core and the flex program? Also if you could provide me with some info to get started that would be great. I am so new at this site i am having a hard time getting around. How do I find threads and how do i subscribe to them. I would appreciate any info i can get. Good luck to all of you and look forward to hearing from all who care to write me. Sharon
Old 06-14-2005, 08:49 PM   #24  
I WILL get in a bikini!

S/C/G: 125

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

I went to one meeting just to get the start up stuff and companion books. I have one friend thats on WW and she helps me with stuff too. I have been doing weight watchers for about 6 months and got down to 115 lbs, so I know it works on your own. I'm glad you made this thread...I didn't know so many were doing it on their own!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #25  
On my way!

I've been doing WW on my own since August. My best friend bought me the companion books/calculator for Christmas, but other then that I've been using all the resources I've found on the internet...and have had a ton of help from my friend.

I also workout to the firm 5 days a week, and walk at least 30 minutes on the weekends.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:10 PM   #26  
rah

I am doing weight watchers on my own. I joined last february, but gave up easily. as a student on a very strict budget, I just don't have the funds to pay for meetings AND buy healthy food! heh. So I'm trying to do it on my own, with my own weigh-in every friday morning.

I was wondering - do you have to be a member to buy the books (such as the eating out guide) or the calculators? Or can I just walk in to one of the WW offices and buy it, w/o being a member?
Old 06-18-2005, 10:26 PM   #27  

I am doing it on my own. I have all the materials...though I currently can't find the Food companion. It has been 5 weeks and I have lost 7 pounds. I used to visit this site a long time ago, but now I will check it more often I always found a lot of great recipes on here.

Juli
Old 06-18-2005, 10:29 PM   #28  
Forever Hopeful

I am...I did it a few years ago and it worked. I only ran into problems when I quit. But now I'm trying it again, just financially and time wise I don't think I can sign up so here I am.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:37 PM   #29  
On my way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah

I was wondering - do you have to be a member to buy the books (such as the eating out guide) or the calculators? Or can I just walk in to one of the WW offices and buy it, w/o being a member?
You can find them on ebay
Old 06-18-2005, 11:11 PM   #30  

I am doing it on my own too, I just don't have the time to go to a meeting in the summer, my husband runs in demolition derbys, and I have to be there for them. My friend and I weigh in at my house on friday mornings, so I am still accountable to some one , and if i lose, my husband gives me the 10.95 meeting fee to put in a jar for new clothes. So that is a motivator too!!
Closed Thread