Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 07:39 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default QOTD--Retaining Water?

Here's the question of the day: I seem to retaining water lately and I don't really know why. I would not say that I've been consuming a lot of salty foods. I'm drinking all of my water each day. I can always tell when I'm retaining water because my rings are tight. Ideas anyone
Old 06-03-2005, 12:51 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hormones? Medicines? Heat? Someone tightened your rings? New exercise routine that is causing your muscles to retain water?

Are you drinking water or something with water in it? diet coke, crystal lite, juice? or water, water?

These are things that come to mind.

For me, it was flying a lot. Since I've cut down travelling, I've cut down on water retention, but I have still gained weight.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

I'm perimenopausal, so it could be hormones. I don't take medicine. Heat (in Florida?) I drink lots of purified water and every once in a while iced tea and diet sodas with Splenda.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:06 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I lay odds it's the heat/humidity--I experience the same thing when the temps go up. It was hot here yesterday and my fingers felt like sausages Drinking more water helps.
Closed Thread