Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 10:01 AM   #16  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, sorry about the gain, but great going on your NSV. I've never tried the Core plan, but I think I would be the same as you. I'm glad the sun's out.

I used an elliptical for the first time while in Phoenix last week. I lasted only 15 minutes! I was told by an acquaintance that she uses it several days a week for an hour and 15 minutes! I think you have to work up to it slowly.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:01 PM   #17  
si, si signora

[Thanks everyone for the bravos. I appreciate it.

I ended up eating a piece of pizza for dinner (only thing around the place that I was last night) and when I got home I ate nothing else. The pizza was nothing to write home about and I counted it as 10 pts. Even with that, I stayed within points. I am actually writing things down. Can you believe it?

Melissa - good for you and your NSV. I elliptical about three days a week, mostly for 35-45 minutes, I am not doing the one where your arms like this. As my shoulder is still killing me. Me thinks its time to see the doctor and get an xray.

Anything you do that combines cardio with strength training is awesome.

Lisa -- Its always hard to try a different type of machine. I think hotel gyms can be either really good (lots of top machines, big stretching places, tv on demand ) or crappy like two rickety treadmills and no AC. My last gym was like that. Good for you for working out on travel.

I'm hoping everyone else is doing okay. I'm really hoping today goes more smoothly than yesterday.

lala
Old 05-06-2005, 12:26 AM   #18  
si, si signora

my nsv of the night:

I made chocolate chip oatmeal cookies for our friday coffee and didn't eat one and no dough.

lala
Old 05-06-2005, 07:30 AM   #19  

lala, You are so strong!!! That would be so difficult for me as I heart chocolate chip anything.

Tonight is my show; wish me luck. We had a nice article in the newspaper today, so I hope we sell more tickets. Tomorrow's a two-mile run in the morning, the Kentucky Derby party in the afternoon and then my show in the evening. What a day!
Old 05-06-2005, 10:27 AM   #20  

Lisa good luck tonight with your show. You've got a fun weekend planned. I was hoping to get some golf in this weekend but it looks like rain through Sunday. So, I think all we have planned is brunch on Sunday for Mothers Day.

Lala big congrats on the loss, I believe you're back on track! I laughed when I read your car comments, My friend who purchased the T-bird traded in her Audi and actually considered buying a mini Cooper. My brother in law just traded in his mini last fall. My sister who is 5'7" said there just wasn't enough leg room. Having enough leg room is probably never an issue with both you and me.

Melissa hope you are enjoying sunny Florida!

Hi to Susan hope all is well.

Well ladies I'm contemplating what to have for lunch. The office is getting Chinese takeout which doesn't leave a lot of good choices. I'm leaning towards the chicken and broccoli. We'll see! Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:28 PM   #21  

Pam, good to hear from you. Welllll, leg room is an issue with me! I've been in a mini before and they're not too bad, but I wouldn't want one personally.

Oh, I love Chinese food. Why is it usually so bad for us??

Sorry about no golf. We played last week and had a great time.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:47 PM   #22  
si, si signora

Good luck Lisa! Break a leg (metaphorically).

Pam, nice to hear from you. DP is 6' tall and long legged, so maybe no mini for us. Oh well.

Chinese sounds good right now. I would opt for chicken and broccoli and a bit of hot sauce and hoisin.

Hmm, that sounds good. Lisa -- our local place does a mixed steam veggie with your choice of steamed chicken, tofu or shrimp. Pretty darn tasty and low in points.

I hope Melissa is enjoying herself in Florida. She deserves a vacation.

Happy mother's day to all the moms out there!

No big plans here, DP wants to go to lunch today, I want to get some gardening done later, school stuff, farmer's market and then maybe some decluttering. Never ends...

Hi to Susan, drop by and tell us what is going on!

toodles.

lala
Old 05-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

I'm still here--only have today and Monday and then I'm off I can't wait! It's beautiful here today--temps are finally getting to the normal range (60) and the weekend is looking great! I made reservations for my mom and I to go to a new tearoom tomorrow for Mother's Day so it should be nice. I'm looking forward to it. I also had tea for my girls in the office today so I had control over what I was eating. I've been doing good with staying within my points and even have been working on the exercise part.

Lala: I use the elliptical with the arms and man do I break a sweat. I really applaud those who can go 30-45 minutes on them because you really do get a great workout. I'm going to work up to it.

Lisa: Good luck with your show tonight! Sounds like you have a really busy Saturday--enjoy the party!

Pam: I agree, Chinese is wonderful but why is it so bad for us My favorite is General Tso's chicken and it's one of the worst! I do enjoy the Hot & Sour soup though.

Have a great weekend everyon!
Closed Thread