Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #1  

Talking Introduction/WW International anyone?

Hello from Turkey,
I started WW on March 21st. I am doing this on my own with some books my sister gave me. (Winning points)
If I were in the states, I would join a WW group. I could use the support. From what I have found online WW has no meetings in Turkey so I am considering doing the online version. But to be honest, adding up points here can be difficult. The foods that are often sold as LIGHT are usually pretty high in points so it takes extra effort to figure everything out. I don't think many of the Turkish foods we eat here would be found on the WW site anyway and many of the foods in the book are not available to us here.
BUT THE FRESH VEGGIES AND FRUITS ARE WONDERFUL!
Though WW is not so convienient here, I still enjoy the journaling and the points program is working well for me.
I have lost 13 lbs and have not weighed yet this week. Though today I looked at myself in the mirror and felt a little depressed as I have so far to go. But I am motivated and not cheating at all. I started exercising the last 10 days. I think this board could be a good support.
Would there be any other reason to join online? Is there anyone out there who is doing WW in Turkey?
Thanks,
Spechele
Old 04-22-2005, 01:53 PM   #2  

Hey!
Ofcourse I am not international, as u already know. The reason I am doing WW at home is the convience. I have 5 year old son and a legally blind husband and a busy schedule. I also needed to save some money. I have 100 more pds to go.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:29 PM   #3  

Hi there Spechele
I'm from New Zealand, am doing WW at home totally by myself (I have my old books from when I did it 4 years ago, but gained weight after two pregnancies), and I'm gradually getting there.
I find the key to doing well when you're not going to WW meetings is to track everything, weigh yourself once a week at the same time (digital scales are a great motivational tool), and regularly visit support sites such as this one.
All the best!
Rachel : )
Old 04-25-2005, 09:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
I am not international either but, I do have a few tips, I don't buy any of the prepackages, processed foods so I don't use the points in the WW books much either except for the ones for ingredients like chicken, veggies, rice ect....so I find the first 1/8 of the food companion book is pretty much all I use.
One of the plus sides to joining the website is that you can input all the ingredients in something and it will give you the points, it does the hard work for you. It will also do it if you have the nutritional info from the packaging. Other than that, I think you can get a lot of support on this board and its free. I would try doing it with out joining WW and if it is to frustrating, then join.
Don't get frustrated, I have a long way to go to and if we stick to it we can make it!
Closed Thread