Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 10:00 AM   #1  

Default Back in action, and looking for cool chickies to join me!!!!

Hey there everyone......after a year off from WW I'm back and ready to serious action. Now mind you when I say a year off from WW, I don't mean a year off from weight loss.....last October I started in on the ATkins craze, and while I lost 35 lbs from then to now, I grew very tired of it's restrictions and having to say no to everything offered my way. Not to mention the ridicule the program gets from everyone!! My breaking point was when I was staring at a bowl of strawberries and knew they had too many carbs for me that day, but in "point" land they'd only be 1 pt.....that's when I said, That's it....it's back to WW for me.
I've known from experience how well WW works, and having lost on the program before it was time to return. So armed with past journals and materials.....I'm on my way. Smack dab in the middle of week two and still loving it!!! I can't remember feeling this free......free from eggs, meat and cheese.....free to make food choices!!! I love the accountability of journaling and counting points, compared to the free reign on food as long as it had low carbs, when I think of the calories I had put into my body on Atkins, I cringe and truly wonder how I lost at all!!!
We're coming up on summer and I'm loving that I can have fruit and veggies again!!!
So in a nutshell, I'm looking for some cool chickies to be frequent posters with me....so we can support each other on this wonderful journey called life!!! I'm looking for some straight shooters....who aren't afraid to tell it like it is and expect the same from me. I want to hear the good and the bad!!! I check the computer often and want to hear every detail no matter how small you might think it is.....that's how we learn the inside tips and info from each other!!! So if you're up for the challenge and ready to start kickin some butt, why not do it together!!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 11:49 AM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome ww chickie!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi there!
I like your attitude. I just rejoined after a year or two off. I can't remember exactly. I was a member for over two years and lost extremely slowly but that was fine by me. For some reason I stopped going when I was only 5 pounds from goal . I kept it off but didn't lose any more on my own. And recently I've put on almost 10 pounds , so I rejoined a few weeks ago and plan to go all the way this time. I'm going back today after missing the last few weeks due to having the kids at home two weeks for spring break and four weeks taking turns being sick. Everyone is well now and I'm free to go to a meeting today.

I'd love to give and get support here.
I'll check in again after my weigh-in today.

Olive
Old 04-12-2005, 01:44 PM   #4  
BJ3

WW Chickie, I know what you mean about Adkins. I tried it also, but find Weight Watchers so much more sensible. You can basically have anything if you watch portions. I lost 50 pounds with ww at one time, but am starting over. I have lost 9 pounds this time and am determined to keep losing! I would be happy to support you and need the same.
Olive2, I seem to be losing slowly this time also. it has taken me six weeks to lose 9.2 pounds. However, I don't really care. I've finally come to the conclusion that I will be doing this the rest of my life, so what't the rush as long as I get there eventually!
Do either of you know how to get the weight loss tracker at the bottom of your post? I'm assuming WW Chickie does as you have one. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:27 PM   #5  

Hey guys,
Welcome to the beginning of our little group!!! I too am losing more slowly this time and have to keep reminding myself to look at the big picture instead of the weekly or daily( I'm addicted) weigh in!! Not to mention it's been forever since I'd gotten under 200 and stayed there!!! I keep telling myself it's taken me ten years to gain all of this, it won't come off overnight, and that seems to help.
I also think back on how I was the first time I started WW.....I was so dedicated and so true to myself and my points totals and after time find that I have to work harder and harder to keep that spirit. Granted I'm bound to have a few slip ups....that's what flex points are for....and only what there for as far as my own decision. I try not to use them unless absolutely necessary!!! Other people use theirs every week....where do you guys stand on this??
As far as the weight tracker....click on mine....and then follow the directions...when you get to the last step, copy and paste where they tell you to and then paste it to your signature in your cp. Hopefully that helps. Will catch everyone later!!
Old 04-12-2005, 04:58 PM   #6  
Cat Lover

Hey I would love to join u as well. I too like to hear it as it is. I can post often...i work on a computer so that is no hard for me too.

SO Am I In
Old 04-12-2005, 06:09 PM   #7  

I would like to join you as well. I've been a member of WW's off and on for about 3 years. The most I have ever lost is 10 years. Last week I determined that I was going back on the program and sticking it this time. I'm at my heaviest and knwo that I have to lose this weight. Last week I lost 2.6 lbs and this week hasn't been that great. I'm a little nervous about going to weigh in because I don't think I have lost any. I should go anyways and just use my no weigh in pass. At the same time I feel I should go and weigh in. Even if I have gained, this week is a new week and I'm going to do better. Sorry for rambling.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:07 PM   #8  
BJ3

I use all of my flex points most weeks. I divide them up so I have 5 extra points a day. Unless I have something coming up that will be challenging. Then I may bank them to use.
I found the place to get the weight tracker, but must not have cut & pasted correctly. I'll try again. Thanks! Until then I'm going to make my own.

One lol for each pound lost. (this time)
Old 04-12-2005, 08:15 PM   #9  

Default NightTime check in

Hey y'all,
Welcome to the gang sweet lilac and skermie!!! Sweet Lilac can't wait to hear more from you....as you can tell I don't stray far from the puter either...as this is my 3rd post today!! lol
Skermie...as for you girl...hats off for sticking in there! I am an off and on er myself and I think positive thinking has a lot to do with success....not to sound like a happy-go-lucky cheerleader, because trust me I'm as cynical and sarcastic as anyone else, but if you keep telling yourself you can do it, keep up with the positive thinking.....look in that mirror and say 2.5 lbs down......2.5 lbs that you never have to think about again!!! I've finally gotten to the point where I'm not a slave to those three little numbers on the scale.....as long as I know that at the end of each day there's nothing else I could have done better.... I know the scale and tape measure will start reflecting that too!!! Those days of going to weigh in when you think you're going to be up....they're tough....but that takes courage....and you hold your head high....take your medicine and know that no matter what those three little numbers are you're going to do better this next week!!!! You said it yourself!!! Those three numbers don't measure who we are.....we are awesome, and we're doing something!!!! And together we're going to kick some butt....lord knows mine needs it!! lol.
Okay with the rah rah pep talk out of the way....I'll stop preachin' ....

Despite really not wanting to, I just got done with my 45 minute workout....30 minutes on the elliptical...while I watched a taped episode of the Bachelor...lol...and then 15 minutes of resistance training. Now it's time to crash in the recliner, watch American Idol and read my issue of Shape that came in the mail today!! I'm all out of points for the day so it's me and my water mug for the night, and possibly a cup of tea for a bedtime snack!!
Catch y'all later and I'm so glad I started this group...can't wait to get to know everyone better!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #10  

Hi all. I'm feeling lucky! I just started back on ww too. Today is my first day, and would love to join you guys. I did ww a few years ago with some success. I was able to lose about 35 lbs., and unfortunately have put it all back on. I also found a lot of support on the 3FC's forum, so decided to come back here too. Good luck to you all. I look forward to the support and being supportive.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:26 PM   #11  

Could I also join you guys?? I just started WW 3 weeks ago, have lost 5.4 pounds so far. I'm kind of shy when it comes to posting, but I would love to participate..
Old 04-13-2005, 10:15 AM   #12  

Welcome everyone....the more the merrier!!!
I was down 2lbs this morning....I'm a scale addict in case I didn't mention that before!! lol So I was incredibly happy.....counting points and exercizing works, who'd a thunk it??!!
Last night I went back to my very first WW journal that did almost 3 years ago for grocery list and snacking idea....my I was more creative back then. Lots of 1pt bread and buns and free salads and way more 0 point foods than I'd think of eating now....but I was also very successful back then so I'm taking some of it to heart. Bought a bikini top the other day...a halter that ties, granted by no means am I going to be frequenting the local pool in this get up, but have a great juicy tube dress to wear it under while I'm out in the yard or just around the house.....still it was fun!! Swimsuit season is always such a dirty word around here and this year and 40lbs lighter....I'm not so dreading it!! Can't wait until the END of swimsuit season to see where I'm at then. There's just too many cute clothes these days for me to stay this size....lol gotta keep going just for that! Well better get on with the day....check back later
Old 04-13-2005, 10:30 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

hey girls, mind if I join.
it sound llike we all have similar stories. I'm back on ww but until goal this time. I hope to be 150 by my 30th b-day whichis in a year and a half. I HAVE to keep motivated. the last time was even under 200 was when I was 18 and I had just lost 50 lbs then. oh why can't I keep it off? no point and getting mad at my self now I just have to make the right choices.
oh an eating out tip. I was journaling last night and I had eatten a Einstin Bros. salad for lunch. I didn't know the points so I had to look it up once I got home. I was floored, it was 12 points for one salad! I won't be getting that again! they have a veggie hummus sandwchich which is 7 points still a lot but not 12. you can't trust a salad you don't make yourself!
Old 04-13-2005, 12:22 PM   #14  
Cat Lover

Wink Hello Ladies

WWchick Thanks for the invite! 2 lbs congrat that is great . U had asked abt the flex points and I try to save them in for the weekends. I did use 5 last nite. Please share your 1 pt bread/buns, free salads and 0 points stuff. I like to see what other ppl are doing. Sometimes i find new things to try.

Jennie WLCOME and WOW 7 points for a salad ...maybe wwchickie will share her salads with us.

Jarden 5.4 lbs wow that is great. This is my frist week on WW so I hope i lose 5 lbs.

Macyb I too did WW yers ago and lost abt 35 lbs. I am not going to stop and 35 this time i want to get to my goal. I am shooting for 145 now but once i get closer i like to lower to 130/135.

bj3 gald to me you and I save my flex point as well

dotie YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!! WE WILL BE HERE TO HELP U.

OLIVE Glad u are here. so u only have 10 lb to goal. That is just wounderful. u will have to share your ideas how u got there.

Mavuais i can wait to her to know u/

Well a little abt my self. I am 37 yrs old and I think I may be the oldest here. I am married 8yrs seem like 21 some days. I have two son's eli who is 5 goint on 19 and Chase 2 1/2. I always been a little chucky but now I am just fat. I am not going to meetings but am doing them at home. I went in the fall last year so ihave alll my stuff.

Cant wait to get to know ya all
Old 04-13-2005, 12:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Hello Everyone!
Welcome all, this is going to be a great thread, I can tell already.

I weighed in yesterday and was still under my original weight of 6 weeks ago, but only by 2lbs. Better than gaining I guess. But I'm back on track now and am going to journal and exercise. The only way I can lose.

I have always had a problem sticking to my points limit. It's way to small for me, I feel hungry and like I'm on a diet, not a way of life, so with all my years of WW I have found that I can eat up to 38 points and maintain(140), and 31 points and lose 1/2 pound or so a week. Even though that is glacial, I prefer it to being hungry, giving up and eating 45-50pts like I do when I'm totally off program. I just have to make sure I exercise 4x's a week to eat that many points. I'm sure as I lose I'll have to eat fewer. I've never made it under 140 and that is my problem. I'm only 5'2 and would love to get down to 120, my WW goal is 136. So, I need to eat more 0 points food and bring down my points. My goal now is to ave. 28pts a day a week.

jennie934 - stick with us here and we'll keep you motivated. I know you can do it! I know what you mean about restaurant food, even the healthiest thing on the menu ends up 10 or more points. I just have to stay away from them when I'm trying to lose, but that's hard!

WWchickie - Way to go on the 2lbs!!! Yeah, sometimes counting points and exercising does work I go back to my old journals for inspiration too, back when I was good and motivated. Now I'm just a jaded old timer hoping to get back that magic.

jarden - great job on the loss so far!!! Be sure to at least lurk even if you don't feel like posting, it's a great way to stay motivated and get advice. I've always been a major lurker, I'm just going to try posting more now.

macy_b - welcome! I've gotten much support on 3FC too. I've been coming here since Jan 1999 when my firstborn was just a baby and I've gotten sooo much help, knowledge, advice, inspriation, I don't think I'd be where I am now without it.

Skermie17 - glad to have you here! How'd it go at your weigh-in? I've used the pass before. Sometimes I just don't want to see that number when I feel I've had a bad week. I just have to get right back on track.

Hi sweetlilac, welcome and hope to hear from you soon.

BJ3 - I like your attitude about losing slowly, this isn't a race, there is no finish line, just need to make this a part of our lives and our bodies will follow.

Okay, this may be my longest post ever, but I just want to say hi to all and get the conversation going...

Olive
Closed Thread