Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 10:49 AM   #1  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Default Lifetime over goal, is there a support?

Hi,

I'm a lifetimer over goal starting over and was wondering if there's a thread or forum or club for that.

It's a little different than being new and definitely different than maintaining at goal.

I know there are others out there in the same category.

thanks!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:37 AM   #2  
BJ3

Keli, You sound like you are exactly where I am. I am a lifetime member, lost over 50 lbs. many years ago, am starting over and am only down 6.5 lbs in 3 weeks. If you find a thread, forum, club, etc. that fits in let me know. I've just found this web site and have only posted a few times. Have you found the ww receipes for this site? Excellent! BJ3
Old 04-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #3  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

I have looked at recipes, points stuff, general info. I'm just amazed at all there is here. It's nice to hear that I'm not alone. My new philosophy is any loss is a great loss, so congrats on your weight loss so far

see ya!
Old 04-08-2005, 06:36 AM   #4  

Wink

Hi Folks,

I, too, am lifetime and trying to get back to goal. I usually head back to meetings as soon as I'm 5 lbs. over (it helps keep me in "check"). This time it took 20 Lbs to get me back. It's coming off but MUCH slower than my original 30 lb loss!! I agree with Keli, any loss is a great loss.

If you haven't tried it already, give the "core" plan a try. When I do it consistently, I lose significantly!!! (Ave. 2 lbs per week). My most recent setback has been weekends....I tend to go off plan, luckily I crack down and can recover during the week.

Good Luck to us all!!
Old 04-08-2005, 07:06 PM   #5  

Hi Ladies,

I too am a lifetime over goal. I know now that no matter what I try to do on my own I need the support of the meetings and other Weight Watcher members. I have started a support group at home besides the WW meetings that I go to. With the support group at home it has helped to make me stay focused. Also I wanted to say thank goodness for the points bracelets that WW now has. I am totaly a visual person and now I don't have to write down all my pooints I used during the day, I can see how many points I have used right there on my wrist. Also no more making excuses for not remembering to write down any points I have just eaten. This way it also helps me look at really how many points I have in a day and it helps me to make wiser choices. Thanks for starting a thread for lifetimers over goal. Never wanted to post to the other lifetime thread because it seemed it was only for lifetimers at goal. Good luck all on your progress to goal again. Oh yeah one last thing to remember its about PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:37 AM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

ok, first week 2.5 lbs. off. Whew! I was worried a bit because I had inadvertently given myself an extra 2 pts. a day after the 1st day! Freudian slip?? I'm glad we're getting some posts here. Just like at the meetings it's good to see people having success.

Way to go Stacey! Can't wait 'til I'm 27 lbs down, too!

We're all trying to do something and that's a good thing.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/139/140

I'm with you all too - lifetimer from the early 80's. I've been using the WW at home thread for support.

Darlene
Old 05-18-2005, 04:53 PM   #8  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

Goal - isn't that something that they cheer about in football. That is about how far away I feel from it.

I am determined this time to get back to goal and weigh in weekly after that if that is what it takes for me to stay down.

In a month of eating crazy I can do alot of damage.

Hope you all have a great week.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #9  
kellyjo40

I too am a "lifer" over goal. After my mother died I spiraled. Then, motivation just never seemed to be there. I had been at lifetime for a year and a half, doing great, exercising regularly. Kicking myself for 10 years wasn't cutting it. Finally decided that the arthritis in my knees, the way I dragged all the time were not doing me any good. Back on track. Lost 17 pounds. Have 31 more to go to get to previous goal. I am doing this without meetings, so support here would be WONDERFUL!
Old 05-28-2005, 06:56 PM   #10  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Great job KellyJo! We went to Alaska on our honeymoon. Loved it. Don't know if I'd make a winter there. That has to be a challenge. Sorry to hear about your mother.

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-29-2005, 07:37 PM   #11  
CIN

Another encouraging note for LT mbrs over goal:

You can always change your Lifetime Goal..........as long as it is something in the range for your height! You may also take in a "Doctors statement" for goals higher than what WWers suggest.

Many Lifers return ...at first some complain about having to pay for the meetings too but we remind them the paying & accountablity helped them originally and will again!

for returning everyone! We know it works!
Old 05-29-2005, 07:39 PM   #12  
CIN

P.S. Support here is great too~
Old 08-18-2005, 12:59 PM   #13  

I am glad I have found this thread. I am a lifetime member since 2001 and I am back to the beginning. I am having a harder time now getting back and being strick. I take one day at a time! I made it two days without cheating or going over my pts. I am 165.2 and my goal is 135, so I have 30.2lbs to lose-geez that is alot of FAT

How can I add my weightloss like some of you have at the bottom of your post? Is this something you have to pay for?

Last edited by mtbchick; 08-18-2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:29 PM   #14  
Ready to Offer Support!

Hi, mtbchick. I, also, am a WW lifer that is about 30 lbs over goal. I usually participate in the Thin4Life thread in the WW Lifer/Maintenance forum. Feel free to join us over there. Some of us are at goal, but some (like me) have 25-30 lbs to lose to make our way back to goal. Don't know how to add that signature thingy to show weight progress. Good luck with your new commitment to weight loss.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:26 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

Hi girls,

We have a Maintainers forum here at 3FC... The maintainers there have been on different plans but the story is always the same we need support, maybe even more because we don't get the regular compliments that regular losers (of weight that is) get... Not all maintainers are at goal either... So come join us there is a LOT of support
Closed Thread