Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2001, 06:32 PM   #1  

Good morning all of you lifers, lurkers, etc. It's ch-ch-ch-chilly here this morning (-12 Celsius which is about 8 F if I remember correctly). Will this winter never end?

We had a productive weekend as far as the bathroom renovation is concerned, making a final decision on wall and floor tile, a vanity, countertop, etc. So I'm feeling a little better about our ability to meet our own, self-imposed deadline (April). We also got out skating again, although this time wasn't quite as enjoyable because there were a lot of children on the ice and I had to spend a lot of time making sure that I didn't mow them all down! Oh well, fresh air and exercise at the very least. Also had an awesome 40-minute run on the treadmill yesterday.

lalala: How was California? Did you resist the call of the cheese? And the painting - is it finished? I really want to get daring with paint, but DH is probably one of the most conservative people I know, so there may be conflict ahead

Tonya.Melissa: Hope the colds didn't hit too hard and that the little people are feeling better.

katie: When do you leave for Florida? Don't you just love it when an unexpected trip like this comes along and the whole family can benefit?

AustinGal/LE: Did you spend the weekend unpacking and if so, are you beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel?

Have a good one.

------------------
Seasaw
Old 02-12-2001, 08:25 PM   #2  

Good morning everyone!

Seasaw ~ Glad to hear the bathroom is turning out great! It's a good job done!!

I had WI on Sat, and it was depressing. Remember I said that I had been strictly OP for two weeks and working out almost every day? Well, I gained a pound!!! I don't know, maybe water retention, maybe not eating enough? It was frustrating. But, I will continue to do well. We have friends up from Tennessee, my BF MIL had a massage stroke while visiting up here, so they came unexpectedly on Friday morning, so she, her DH, and their 3 children are staying with us for the week. My house is a little crazy right now! His mother is progressing, but it will be a long road. She was only 59 years old. Added to that, I have a crazy week at work, with my goals for the year need to be done and my boss needs to evaulate me, plus I am on an interview committee all week, and we are interviewing 9 candidates, which will eat up all my afternoons.

Sorry to sound whiney! I am fine though, glad to get back to work and in a normal schedule! I hope everyone has a great OP day!

I will check in later!

------------------
Tonya
170/134/140(WW)/132(personal)
Old 02-12-2001, 08:30 PM   #3  

Morning all -

Well, back at work today. Didn't do much this weekend; started working on our taxes - looks like we'll be getting a refund from both federal & state (thank goodness!) I hope to get those finished this week.

Seasaw - we are leaving on Sunday, Feb 25. DH's training is Feb 26-March 2. My sister called over the weekend & is sending the airline passes in the mail. She & her 9 year old son may come out for a four-day weekend, so that will be fun. I just hope the weather stays calm here in Wisconsin - flying standby can be kind of dicey & I don't need to have weather problems to add to the fun. I've been checking the temps in Orlando in the newspaper - looks like high 70s & low 80s - I can't wait!

Well, back to work!
Later,
Katie
191.8/141.8/145WW/137-140 personal goal
Old 02-12-2001, 10:15 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Good Morning all-

Yikes, it sounds cold where seesaw lives. brr.

California was blustery and rainy, which is great as far as were concerned. More snow pack=more water, more electricity. I stayed away from the cheese, but dp enjoys more than anything reliving the chocolate shop of her youth. Needless to say, we ended up buying 8 lbs! of valentines day chocolates. I only allowed one bag of misdips and one rocky road heart in the house. Everything else (including the red heart shaped box) went other places.

Our kitchen is done. Looks good. Now we have to put all the pots and pans, etc. back. Everything could use a good scrub, so I'll be up late tonight.

Our painter is going (I hope) finish the ceiling and stairwell this week, then two major areas are completed. If she starts next week with the living room, that would be cool.

tonyalyn: don't worry, the weight could be due to excess exercise (water retention). You'll get it off in no time.

Sorry to hear about your BF MIL. I hope everything will work towards a speedy recovery.

ktmarie: good for you, getting the taxes done! I've found everything, just gotta drop it off at the accountants this week.
Florida sounds delightful. I hope it all works out.

so, I'm here for the next two weeks. I am whining too. I'm very behind and frankly, right now (at this very moment) I don't care.

I'm sure as I get through the day, I'll start panicking.

Have a great day all!

lala
Old 02-13-2001, 01:00 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon everyone

Well, the colds that the kids had have been passed on to dear old mom. My head feels like it's been stuffed with cotton and I've got the cough & headache.

The temps hit a record here on Friday (63) but by the time I got to Chicago the temps there had dropped to 15! Talk about cold!

Eating wise I was off track this weekend; I didn't journal.

It's cool here today (30's) but I did manage to get a little walk in.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Melissa
Old 02-13-2001, 08:48 PM   #6  

My, it's quiet this week compared to last. Where is everybody?

I'm heading out to the gym in a few moments. If I go at odd times, I have a greater chance ot getting 30 minutes on the treadmill instead of the 20 which is all you're permitted at peak times. I don't find that to be enough.

Am struggling a bit with eating this week. It's likely due to TOM which is looming. Coincides nicely with Valentine's Day this year, although I doubt DH will get me chocolate - he's more a flowers kind of guy. I got him something special this year - a weekend getaway in early May, just before he leaves on business for 3-4 weeks. We'll both enjoy that!

Have a good day everyone.

Seasaw
Old 02-13-2001, 10:13 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi All-
it is quiet today. I'm glad to see that seesaw has gotten into the valentine's day spirit. I feel so bad, I didn't even get a card for my parents or god children. I usually do a big sugar cookie bake, but not this year. I'm just too frazzled.

Anybody have any exciting plans?

lala
Old 02-13-2001, 10:27 PM   #8  

Hi everyone!

I filled in my journal for the past couple of days. I know it's not as accurate as it should be but in looking back I haven't done all that bad. I'm still not feeling up to par so that's a help in the eating department.

Seasaw: I, too, am awaiting TOM's arrival. Generally I do well eating wise the week I start, it's the week before that everything breaks loose.

It's gorgeous outside today and I'm bummed that I'm not able to get outside and walk over my lunch hour. We have a meeting that I have to be at.

lala: We don't usually do anything big for Valentine's day...I told my hubby when we first got married to not send me flowers on Valentine's day but rather send them to me at other times during the year. We'll probably just spend a quiet evening at home.

Have a great day everyone

Melissa
Old 02-14-2001, 11:15 PM   #9  

Hello, is anybody out there?

My gym had a special "Bring a Buddy" offer in honour of Valentine's Day, so my sister joined me in a workout bright and early this morning which turned my face a wonderful shade of red. Then, I went for a booster shot in light of our upcoming trip south (I guess polio is on the rise in some of the Carribean countries). This too resulted in a nice healthy flush (she said I might get a bit of a fever as a result).

About an hour after I got in to work, four men dressed in white tuxedos and red cumberbunds arrived with a single long stemmed red rose, a small heart-shaped box of chocolates and a card and sang "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" to me a la Barbershop Quartet style. My face was the colour of my very red sweater.

I'm now wondering what else will happen in this somewhat amazing day and what colour I will end up as a result.

What's happening with everyone else?

Seasaw
Old 02-15-2001, 12:31 AM   #10  

I can't believe how quiet the board is...did everyone go on vacation or something??

Well, my day isn't as exciting as yours Seasaw. My DH left me a really nice card and he picked out a figurine for me to add to my collection. It should be a quiet night tonight.

I went to my regular meeting at noon today and was pleasantly surprised at the scale. I was down 2# which is good. It brought me right to goal.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Melissa
161/142/142ww/135 personal

[This message has been edited by MelissaL (edited 02-14-2001).]
Old 02-15-2001, 12:52 AM   #11  
si, si signora

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm here, just really late for everything today.

Yikes.

seesaw: Wow, sounds like you are having a great day! I would love to have my mom or brother come to the gym with me! My dad and I share a passion for fitness that seems to skip the aquariuses in our family.

do you know who you secret valentine was?

where are you going in the caribbean that you need a booster shot for polio? This is very disheartening to hear, polio, not your upcoming trip.

melissa: way to go on the 2 lb. loss!
What a nice gift! I'm hoping to be down this week a bit, but if not, I'll settle for next week.

Nothing new is going on here. I wonder how
Austingal and LegalEagleare doing on their unpacking and home decor missions.

Our kitchen is back to normal. We polished and buffed the kitchen floor last night, so it'll be lots of fun with socks on! It looks really nice.

Now, if we could just finish the rest of the painting by next week.

lala
Old 02-15-2001, 08:00 PM   #12  
Ready to Offer Support!

Just a quick note - work is so busy I haven't been able to check in all week. Thanks to lalala and Seasaw on the kind thoughts as we continue to unpack and try to get back to a normal routine.

Unpacking is going slowly - much slower than I expected. Decorating is coming along as the budget will allow (slowly also). Bought a couple of decorating items last weekend that I am very happy with - my parents are coming over to check out the house this weekend and I think the few things we have will look nice. The dining room is completely empty, tho, and all the bedrooms are just a hodge podge of old/leftover furniture from days of yore.

Eating and exercise - let's not go there. Valentine's Day was just a sweets-eating disaster. I really need to get into a routine and start going back to regular workouts and going back to meetings. Seems like I have been saying this for weeks now!

How are things going for you, LE?.

Warm thoughts to everybody else, especially those that are under the weather/having cold weather. It is 67 degrees here in Austin right now, and very muggy. It seems that a cold front will come through later today, and we will be down in the 40's by tonight. This weather is crazy - I never have my kids dressed correctly! Today, I sent them to school in short sleeves with no jackets, and then I heard on the radio that temperatures are going to "plummet" today, and the temp. will never get higher than it was at 7:00 am this morning. Grrrrrr!

Have a great week, all.

[This message has been edited by AustinGal (edited 02-15-2001).]
Old 02-15-2001, 09:00 PM   #13  

Hi-

I wish we could have 67 degrees, if even for a second! Though I shouldn't complain- temps have been in the 40s and 50s recently, which for NYC in february is positively balmy.

I had a nice V.Day. It was my first with my new SO, so we pulled out all the stops. Dinner, a jazz concert, chocolates, it was great. I didn't bother with points for the day, but am back to it today. I'm also feeling a little sick, blah. Mostly just congestion. I went home early on tues, and took a personal day for recovery and freelance work yesterday.

Seesaw-sounds like you had quite a lovely Valentine's day. Good for you!

Melissa- congrats on the loss!

lalala- your house sounds like it is coming right along. I'd love to give my place a fresh coat of paint. With what free time I'd do this, I don't know!

Things have been going well so far with me in lifetime-land. Soccer started up again for spring, so at least once a week I am getting a really good 1.5-2 hour workout. I'm trying to fill in with a day or two of running a week. I think I'll be able to maintain on about 25-30 pts a day, which works great for me. Let's hope this lasts!

Tumbler
Old 02-15-2001, 10:11 PM   #14  

Good morning ladies!

I am afraid I won't have time to reply to all the posts in the last couple days, but wanted to say "Hi" to everyone! Our house guests left this morning after staying with us for a week. I will miss then (they are our BF's) but with 5 extra people in the house all week, I am tired and my house is a disaster zone, so I am not looking forward to seeing that mess when I get home!!

Work is busy, and my eating hasn't been good this week. But, with my normal schedule back, I will be back to eating right and exercising today. I also have TOM, so I am skipping my WI on Saturday, I always gain 3-4 pounds this time of the month, and I just don't want to see it on the scale!

I have decided to be happy with my weight and get into the maintenance mode, so I am trying to figure out my points.

Well, again, I hope everyone has a great day and had a super V-day!! I will try to check in later to see how everyone is doing!

------------------
Tonya
170/134/140(WW)/132(personal)
Old 02-16-2001, 01:15 AM   #15  

How's everyone this afternoon? It's been a hectic day; I'm the only one in our small office, so I haven't had much time for anything other than work!

Way to go Melissa. My weight appears to be heading in the other direction this week

lalala: It wasn't much of a secret as to who commissioned the quartet - the culprit was none other than DH. This was the second time he's presented me with the gift of song at the office. When I asked why he did it again, he answered that I'm now at a new job and he hadn't embarrassed me here yet! He can consider the job done

It is great to work out with my sister. She's only been living in the same town as me for a little over two years, so I don't take that for granted. Family is the best!

AustinGal: 67 degrees. hm-m-m Can I come to visit? I could help you unpack...

Speaking of unpacking, take it easy and try not to get discouraged. It's best to do it right the first time. We moved to our current home about five years ago and had everything unpacked and pictures on the wall within five days (yeah, I know, we're sick). The down side is that my kitchen is still not set up the way it should be, and probably never will be.

tumbler: Ah, young love! Sounds like you had a marvelous Feb. 14th.

TonyaLyn: I think it's wonderful that you're happy with where you are and will concentrate on maintenance. I think I remember that you too are 5'7". If so, I'm sure you look smashing!

Have a good evening everyone. We have tickets to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon this evening, compliments of our financial advisor. I feel kinda sick actually, perhaps a result of the shot yesterday, but I think I'll go anyway. I hear the women have strong roles in this movie, not something you see everyday.

Oh yeah, I think it was lala who asked about polio. According to Health Canada, it has been on the rise in the Dominican Republic. Since this is one of the places we're considering, we decided to play it safe.

Sorry this was so long.

Seasaw

Closed Thread