Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 07:34 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Jan 3/05

Wow! 2005! Where did the year go??? I hope everyone had a safe & Happy New Year!

I had a quiet one--in fact, I was in bed before midnight! We didn't have any plans so it was very quiet. New Year's we had my great aunts over for the traditional pork & sauerkraut dinner and that was nice. Weather here has been great--yesterday we hit 60! My friend and I took advantage of the weather and went for a nice long walk at the peninsula; this morning it's foggy and damp.

Hope everyone is doing well--I'm "back to basics" and I'm proud to say my journal has got writing in it--the good, the bad, and the ugly

Lala: Did you end up getting tickets for London??

Hi to Lala, Susan, Pam, Lisa!!
Old 01-03-2005, 09:23 AM   #2  

Well, let's try this again. Just lost a rather long post. This one will be slightly abbreviated as I have to get out and run some errands.

Last day of a long holiday break from work. We had a wonderful New Year's Eve with friends. A sumptuous feast, good conversation, good wine, champagne, and no hangover the next day! We spent Jan. 1st taking down and packing up the decorations for another year. Yesterday, I got out for my first run in weeks. Did 5 km before my knees started to complain. I walked the rest of the route, which was OK too.

I'm about 1/3 of the way through Dr. Phil's audiobook, and I'm finding if useful, especially the parts that deal with negative thinking and emotional eating. I'm heading out to the grocery store to stock up on fruit and beggies and have a whole lot of resolve. I'm determined to make it last this time.

Temps are mild here too Melissa. The roads are slick at the moment but I think we're supposed to have rain before the day is out.

Hi to Pam, Lisa and lala. Happy 2005 to all!
Old 01-03-2005, 09:57 AM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Happy New Year! I, for one, am glad to see 2004 go away. It's rainy here today and in the 70's.

Like you Melissa, DH and I were in bed before midnight on New Year's Eve. We're real party animals. : )

We did lots of visiting with friends over the holidays which was a lot of fun. It was also very bad for my waistline. I definitely gained a couple pounds. I just ate tons of cookies and candy. I need some inspiration to get serious again, especially since WI is next week.

I exercised throughout the break (thank God).

Susan, I also took down the decorations yesterday. It always makes me sad because the house looks so drab when I do that.

Hi, lala and Pam.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:11 PM   #4  
si, si signora

morning glories,

Its a lovely jan 3 here in the big city. Sunny and cold and really really pretty. We had a rip snorting exciting NYE here. I think I changed my filofax pages over to 2005, transferred some addresses into the address book and got mad at DP for not reading my mind and suggesting something to do. Honestly, why can't people think of something exciting for NYE around here? I think the fact that we were in Rome last year watching fireworks, gazing at st. peters and enjoying a nice prosecco with some dear friends didn't help...

Oh well, better moods all around. I went for a nice 3 mile walk on a New Years Day and it was a more positive way to start the year.

We're still in plumbing he## here.... We have holes, we have pipes, the boiler will be installed today and some of the less major radiators, they don't think the last two -- our main floor radiators will be installed until tomorrow, which is fine. Its supposed to be 26 tonight. The dog is with me today in the car, he is not amused, but I worry that he'll get out while they traipse through the house.

Anyways, we'll be happy when its over.

Melissa -- didn't buy tickets, now toying with just using an award. I can fly direct on BA and save a lot of time and money. I love my friend dearly, but she's such a bad influence...

Susan -- sounds like you had a great end of the year and a nice way to start it out!

Lisa -- I'm with you on out with 2004 and a better 2005!

Pam -- hope all is well...

Okay, today I'm going to clean out my office and start on my presentation for my meeting next week. I'm making DP give my paper, I decided not to go.

lala
Old 01-03-2005, 12:25 PM   #5  

Hi Ladies,

Happy New Year to you all. 2004 was good I'm hoping for more of the same in 2005. We had a nice New Years eve. We went out with my sister and brother in law..good food and company. Back to work today and it looks like I have 2 full work weeks before another day off . Weather is nice, close to 50 which is very strange for this time of year, but I'll take it. I'm back to journaling regularly. I managed to stay down about 2.5 lbs and now I'm going to try for another 2.5. I bought the mirror on Saturday so I've got to keep the promise I made to myself to take off 5 lbs. It should be delivered on Friday..I can't wait to see how it looks in the bedroom.

Lisa we took down our decorations yesterday also. I really liked having them up, but it made things a little cluttered. We did manage to stay up until midnight but just barely..I was asleep by 12:45.

Susan I'm glad you are finding Dr Phil's tapes useful. I'm with you on making it work this time. Today I packed a points friendly lunch instead of heading down to the cafe.

Melissa yup my journal has writing in it to and that's the way it's going to stay. My next challenge will be Wednesday evening (my anniversary) but I'm going to plan for it and make good choices. Hope your son has a nice birthday.

Hi to Lala did you get the tickets for London in February??

Well ladies back to work...my admin asssistant is out today so I'm a little overwhelmed. Thank goodness she's back tomorrow. I'll talk to you later.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:43 AM   #6  

Good morning! Back to the grind for me today--went over to Starbucks to get a cup of coffee to get going this morning Why is it the days you have off you get up at the "normal" time and the days you have to work you feel the urge to snuggle in and sleep????

I had a little trouble last evening with snacking and need to remove the tortilla chips out of my "eyesight" so that I'm not tempted. I am keeping my journal up so that's one good thing.

Yesterday was DS #1 20th b-day...it's hard to believe he's moved into another decade and is no longer a teen!

Susan: Weather continues to be mild here but a "winter mix" is on the way this evening and tomorrow they say we'll have 3-5" of slush/snow. I was really enjoying the weather!

Lisa: Our decorations will most likely be down by the weekend too. The house always looks so bare/drab afterwards.

Lala: I hope your heat is hooked up or at least it's moving in the right direction for you. I'm the type that wants it done "now" and hate having stuff all over.

Pam: Good for you for keeping 2.5# off!! I was up this past week and am hoping for a better WI tomorrow. I have been journaling so I'm hoping it pays off. My exercise isn't where it needs to be but I can work on that. My biggest challenge has been mindless snacking. We're going out for DS #1's b-day this Saturday. He said he'd like to go out for dinner and it's his choice so we'll see. He went bowling yesterday with 3 of his friends and then all of us went to his younger brother's b-ball game last night. All in all it was pretty quiet.

I'm hoping the day doesn't drag out too much...I'm pretty much caught up with everything with the exception of updating a manual that I really don't want to tackle but I guess I'll have to!
Old 01-04-2005, 10:06 AM   #7  

It will be in the 70's again today, but rain is expected. That is very unusual at this time of year.

Hooray for me! I was OP yesterday (small victory) and I'm headed that way today. I'm journaling again, exercising and drinking my water. Actually, I've had no problem with the latter two.

lala, sorry about the ripped up house. I don't like messes like that, but soon it will be done. Does that mean you have no heat whatsoever?

Melissa, a 20-year-old son? My niece turned 21 around Christmas and I just kept remembering holding her as a baby.

Pam, congrats on the loss especially around the holidays.

Hello to Susan.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:42 AM   #8  

Another mild day here. We've lost a lot of the snow that fell in last week's storm. It can all go away now that Christmas is over

We continue to watch the news from southeast Asia with mixed emotions. Happy that we weren't there when the waves hit, sad for the survivors of such death and destruction and uncertainty about what it means for our intended trip. We're going to contact our friend's brother in mid-January to see what the situation looks like then. I'm 99% sure we won't go, but there's a tiny part of me that still says.."maybe".

Our house is looking a little drab too Lisa. It's always such a joy decorating for Christmas and such a let-down packing things away again. I won't miss the overindulgence in food and drink, but I do like the season.

Melissa: Wow, a 20-year-old son. Of course, if I'd had children, I could be a grandmother. Now that's a scarey thought!

lala: I'd love to see that mound of chocolate you referred to on the other thread. BTW, I can't bring myself to throw food away, even if it is in the evil category. I get DH to bring it to work.

Pam: Congrats to you for staying on track. You deserve the mirror. May it always remind you of how you stayed the course while everyone around you was succumbing to temptation

I used the first three days of the year to taper my food intake. Today, I'm journaling, counting points, and practicing "right thinking" ala Dr. Phil. Bought a new bathroom scale yesterday; don't care what they say about not relying on it; I need to see some progress cause I think it's gonna be a while before my clothing loosens up
Old 01-04-2005, 01:27 PM   #9  
si, si signora

Hi ladies,

Its about 32 here and freezing, but I didn't have to scrape this am. I have no working heat in my house right now, but it better be up and running by 6 pm tonight. Don't feel too sorry for me, its not like I live in a cold water shack or something. I feel sorry for those who really don't have heat and freeze in the winter.

Susan -- again I do not envy the descison you have to make. Good for you for taking the plunge to get yourself back to goal. Tapes are a good thing. I hope you start next week with a looser waistband.

Melissa -- I just gave two bags of tortilla chips to the food bank along with peanut butter and other good things. I hear you on the snacking. Happy bd wishes to DS!

Lisa -- can you please send me 5 degrees? I had to cover the lemon tree and one tangerine that I haven't moved up to the porch yet. I need a lemonaia (orangerie) for my citrus, they don't appreciate the change in weather. We got all the bulbs in the ground by New Years and all the plants too, so hopefully they will survive!

Pam -- you are a star , but there is no icon, so a cool banana you are to me.

Okay, I weighed in, up .2 lbs, not bad considering the stress eating and the huge amount of liquids I am consuming. My test will be what happens this week and how my rings are fitting.

I did go to step last night and she pushed it up about 4 notches from my last visit which was 3 weeks ago. Wooo.

Alright, back to work.

Have a great day ladies, stay tuned for question of the day!

lala
Old 01-05-2005, 07:45 AM   #10  

Another nice day here. I've been OP two days in a row (new record for me of late). I feel the weight coming off! I hope so. How is everyone else doing.

lala, great that you lost weight. I've found that when I go on travel on vacation, I walk so much that even though I'm eating more of the delicious food, it doesn't stick.

Hi, Melissa, Susan and Pam.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:39 AM   #11  

Lisa good for you having 2 OP days!!

The weather is horrendous it's snowing then it's suppose to switch to freezing rain through this evening. The commute tonight and tomorrow should be awful. I want sunny warm weather.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:36 PM   #12  
si, si signora

brrrr.

I had no heat last night. I am not amused. We will have heat by today.

More later, the tsunami is starting to rear its ugly head in terms of my work load.

lala
Old 01-05-2005, 02:20 PM   #13  

Susan: Sounds like you're moving forward with journaling, etc. I've been trying to do the same. I've written everything down this past week but didn't total all the points. I figure something is better than nothing at all.

Lala: That's great only being up .2; my WI was not as good at noon, I was up 1.4# again :frown: I know what I need to do.

Pam: The weather here is bad as well. This morning the roads were slushy/slippery and I nearly kissed a telephone pole. I don't like it one bit! At least they cleared enough for me to get to my WW meeting at noon. I was spoiled by the nice weather we've been having. More sleet/freezing rain is expected overnight.

Lisa: Woohoo on 2 OP days! I'm working on 1 and am making a promise to myself to follow the 8 guidelines. I need to get things under control.

It's looking rather ugly outside...dark, gray and I'm sure the freezing rain will arrive just in time for our commute home. DS #2 has a basketball game tonight and I'm hoping the weather holds off until afterwards.

I was a little disgruntled about my WI but I know a lot of it is from my own doing. The junk is going to be purged from the house and I'll get some healthy snacks/foods in place.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:16 PM   #14  

Melissa, I really think freezing rain is way worse than snow. Stay safe. Sorry about the gain, but we all know that the holidays do it to us. I think I gained 3 pounds!

lala, no heat, you poor thing. I hope you have it today.

Pam, freezing rain for you, too? Yuk.

Comment: Is everyone else tired of that bloated constipation pop-up on this site? I wish they would ditch it.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:27 PM   #15  
si, si signora

Melissa -- please stay safe and don't be bummed about the gain. You identified the culprit, now purge.

I'm going to purge my office of some crackers.

I'm going to call the heating guys to get an update. Heat will be welcome. Okay I just called, they are finishing up and just have the venting to deal with. We have a very wierd house, so this could take a long time. They said they are going to stay until its done.

I took the dog on a nice putter here at work today, but he can do with a warming bowl of soup. He's too old to be in the cold.

Lisa -- I'm very sick of the bloating pop-up too, these new popups are insidious, but its better than a sex ad!

Our friends just emailed from Kansas where they are awaiting the birth the child they are going to adopt. I hope it goes off without a hitch and are safe with all the bad weather there!

More later, maybe tomorrow I'll post pics (well, maybe I'll wait until friday when my house is restored to some semblance of normalcy)!
Closed Thread