Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 11:03 AM   #151  

Hello all! Well, another US election in controversy and the country anxiously awaits Ohio’s last few votes that could take up to 2 weeks to fully resolve!!! However (for those wondering but not told) the projection is Bush will be re-elected. 136,000 votes in the lead in Ohio and only an estimated 175,000 ballots out. So, Kerry would have to get 80% of these votes in a typically Republican state. That being said, I will not say if this makes me happy or sad. Just stating the facts for the interested. However, it bugs me that it is taking so long. Linda, I agree that we should be more technologically advanced across the board. I know that Kentucky (normally known as a hillbilly state) has had electronic voting booths for 20 years that have been upgraded at least 3 times. I remember going in the booth with my parents when I was a wee-one. I wish everyone else would get put to date!! Thank you for letting me vent. It is more productive than cookies.

Tracy – Good luck at WI today. Dawny, Natalie, and I are also Wednesday weighers. I hope you have a good one. Remember to clean any wax from your ears, use a lint brush before going and if you wash your hands, make sure they are completely dry as to avoid excess water on the scale. ;p There are thousands of little ways to get an ounce. I try to keep in mind that this is just an estimate, as our bodies are constantly changing. We weigh less in the morning than evening. If we have a glass of water, the scale will change. BTW – welcome neighbor. I’m just across the border from you!

Linda – Cheer up, pal! I predict that you have been so busy lately, that the whole WW stuff is bogging you down and becoming a burden? You have had a lot going on lately. Friends moving, birthdays, vacations, holidays, parties, illness… Just take a breath and renew your mind. Maybe don’t look at this as something you HAVE to do, but something you WANT to do for yourself. Try new recipes or a new activity. And, yes, Jamie can be your inspiration. She is doing great! I bet she is quite “chuffed” at her 10%!

Dawny – Yippee! I bet you wanted to kiss AJ for asking about the pants! Great work! I hope WI is a success!

I did an “unofficial” WI with the “official” scale Sunday for the Trick or Treat challenge and it showed a loss of 2.2#. I did not count that because I wanted to see how things would balance out for the entire week and stay on schedule. Now that TOM is here, I’m afraid that will change. I hope it sticks, because that will put me 5# from my 50# goal and I can do that as my Thanksgiving challenge! Well, I’ll let you all know later!

Great day to you all!
Old 11-03-2004, 05:45 PM   #152  

Hello! Looks like no activity since I last posted. Oh, well. The election is settled, at least. So, we don’t have to wait 2 weeks to get the results. I’m really glad it’s over. Now, maybe DH can talk to his father again without arguing!

How was WI, Dawny? Tracy? I have WI in about 2 hours. I’m feeling lazy. I wish I could skip it and stay in with a nice bowl of soup instead. Oh, well. I do want to see the : I’ll check in later!
Old 11-03-2004, 06:10 PM   #153  
Sherry

Hi Girls!
Well, weighed in this mng. no loss! BUT I had a talk w/my leader and I seem to be back on the wagon now! I'm right on pts today and I did my 3 mile WATP tape! I'm so happy w/myself! My leader suggested if I'm interested in Core but not sure I can still journal but try eating the Core foods to see if I like it. That way I'm sure to win either way. I had my HF cereal this mng but then ate what I wanted but counted pts. I think for now I'll stick w/flex pts. I use to do really well w/it. I just have to remember..YOU BITE IT YOU WRITE IT! Even if I take a bite of something! That's what I use to do when I was successful. Thank you girls for all your advice on the Core. I still may try it one day.

Sorry to hear about your leader Linda! Yep, she probly got the boot due to not being w/in goal wt. That's so sad too! Especially if she was a good leader!

All you ladies that are losing WAY TO GO! Let's keep up the good work!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 06:27 PM   #154  

Well, I went completely over my points today, but I guess that's ok since I normally do that on my WI day. Maybe it's not that good though and have to stop it. What do you guys think about it? Sherry, don't worry about your WI, maintaining is better than a gain, you'll do better next week! Ciao girls!
Old 11-03-2004, 06:52 PM   #155  

Well, weigh in went ok. I had not ate anything all day except for a banana.. so i was starved when i headed toward my meeting, had about an hour before meeting so i hit red lobster for their shrimp feast. Probably a big mistake, I didnt go over my points, but when i weighed in i had only lost 1 lb. which is probably good considering i had a horrible week and i just knew i had gained. So there is my report WI today brought a loss of 1 lb.But hey i get to go now and update my ticker.. hmmm wonder if i know how.. We will see..lol
Old 11-03-2004, 09:38 PM   #156  

Sherry - Sorry you didn't have a loss. But maintaining can be good. And, you have a great attitude with getting back on track now. You can't change today, but you can make next week better.

Natalie - I usually use several of my FPs after WI. I don't think it is good to go overboard, but if you have been craving something that's a little bad, I say that is the time to do it. Tonight, I will have a peanut butter sandwich with my soup and I'm not going to measure it or even worry about points because I know I still have several. Have some fun, but don't let it throw you off track. You're doing too good!

Tracy - 1# loss is good after just eating a meal. I have experimented and weighed right after eating and it can make a 1 -3 # difference. The key thing is to have a steady pattern to get a accurate WI. I always have a regular breakfast & lunch, a light 2 pt snack about 3, and nothing else until I weigh at 6:30. Some people don't eat all day, but I don't think that is good because it can cause a binge when you do eat. Hope the shrimp was good though!

Well, I just had a good WI! Lost 2.4#! I'm excited because I want to make my 50# goal by Thanksgiving and this means I only have about 4.8 to do in the 4 weeks left. It will take disciplined exercise, but it is definately doable.

Time for dinner! C-ya!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:46 PM   #157  

I have been on a huge shrimp craving lately. Dont know what my problem is.. and no im not pregnant..lol.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:22 AM   #158  

Hi there guys! While my attitude is better and more positive today, I feel physically as if I need to be scraped up off the floor. Seems like some kind of arthritic inflamatory stuff and my finger joints are swelling, could be Rheumetoid (sp?). I actually broke down and called my doctor back yesterday and have an appointment for next Friday for a check up. Something isn't right, best to deal with it. The medical problem I had with my chest last week might have been the start of something else, perhaps? But, having some physical problems is just making me more determined that I MUST take care of myself.
Thanks guys for your concern and support.
Congrats on your NSV Dawny! You must be feeling awfully proud of yourself!
As for me the one NSV I can claim truthfully for yesterday that I didn't have a single piece of candy! A very big deal! I was very proud of myself as this house is FULL of candy right now and several of the things I love dearly. I substituted a ww chocolate cake for a point! I had a nice cup of tea with it and felt positive.
Well, I'm off - have a very busy day ahead. My in laws come for the weekend tomorrow. My MIL and I are both quilters and we are attending a big quilt show tomorrow. I look forward to the stimulation of seeing award winning "art" as well as shopping with the various vendors!
Linda
Old 11-04-2004, 08:09 AM   #159  
Sherry

WTG Tracy! You're like me I don't like eating before I weigh in however I go to a 9am mtg so I don't have to starv all day! LOL! Remember, every # counts!

I'm glad your feeling better Linda! Good for you keeping away from the candy! I wish I could say the same but today is a new day and that is my goal today to stay out of the candy dish. I've already tracked mypts and my spinning class is today so I'm on my way to a good day!

Have a good one all!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:33 AM   #160  

Hi all, Well I lost like .4 lb. Not much but not horrible. My monthly friend joined me the day before wi. All was good till we ate dinner yesterday, I am not so worried, but we got bourben chicken, rice, and an egg role. I ate about half of the rice and chicken, but have no idea how many points it was, but it was SO good, lol. I also broke into a craving on my WI day, I ate a chili cheese dog and about 10 ff. I am actually pretty proud of myself, because about 9 wks ago, it woudl have been 2 chili cheese dogs, and a large french fries. BUT it still hasn't been good, I am doing the weight watchers getting started work out video in the mornings, and drinking lots of water, so I hope I didn't just screw up the rest of my week!

Ok well, That's all for me now, good job to all the other loosers!
Old 11-04-2004, 08:36 AM   #161  

One of the members of my ww Tuesday am meeting and I were chatting about something after Tuesday morning's meeting and I want to share it! Something Sherry said "hit home" with me on this. Sherry said, "today is a new day". We talked about how all the "sins of the past" were cleansed from us (kind of biblical sounding, isn't it???) when we attend our weekly meeting. For most of us, that day begins fresh with a new journal, 35 more flexpoints and a re-newed approach.
Let's starting thinking about every day waking up cleansed! We are frest, the candy dish won't call our names today. The fruit bowl will call to us instead! The veggies are bright, cheerful, colorful and so very good for us!
So, yes, have a good day all!
Linda
Old 11-04-2004, 08:42 AM   #162  

Bella, your post and mind crossed each other at almost the same time. Just had to add that at least you had a loss this week, even if only .4
You've got to find a way (me too, I'm certainly not an angel) to get away from things like cheese dogs, egg rolls and french fries. You need some good substitutes!
Perhaps we all can come up with some suggestions for you!
Sounds like you might have been at a mall food court or something with the type of food you had, or was it take out?
Maybe we all need to brainstorm about good choices at the common junk food places?
Hey, I really have to go, but just one more thing.... on my way home yesterday, it was LATE, and I was starving. Normally, the "old" me would have stopped at Burger King, Wendies or somplace on the way home if I was that late and that hungry. I normally eat lunch around 11:30 am and it was nearly 2:00 and I still had not eaten. I resisted and went home. I grabbed a few grapes to get me by until my lunch was ready. I have two slices of lite toast spread with laughing cow lite cheece and some ww garden vegetable soup! That was a true NSV as well as not eating candy all day!
How can we all resist temptations?
Linda, really getting off line for real now!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:27 AM   #163  

Linda – guess what I’m having for breakfast while I read your message. 2 slices light toast w/ laughing cow cheese! Great minds think alike! There are good options at fast food places. I have made a good cheat sheet of different restaurants, so it is easy to have my own menu. Burger King – I would suggest Jr. whopper w/out mayo (7 pts) and side salad. Jr. burgers are really enough food. You just have to get past the chewing habit! Saturday, I did like you though. Partly for health and partly for finance. I waited until I got home about 2 so I could have leftovers for a healthy lunch.

Bella – Hi! Oooo… chili cheese dog…. It is good that you notice a difference in your eating habits than before. That’s still not the healthiest choice, but you are using some portion control. I am planning hotdogs in next week’s menu, but we will be having turkey hotdogs, LF slaw, and LF baked beans. Gotta put in those veggies somewhere! Congrats on the .4 loss. Congrats on moving forward!

My NSV for yesterday – I took off my belt to WI and MIL exclaimed that my pants were about to fall off! They were getting pretty loose. My NSV for today so far has been: I dug out my knee-high hose to wear today and saw the package stated “Plus Size” They now come up over my knees and are still loose!
Old 11-04-2004, 01:37 PM   #164  

HI, just a quickie from me. Some great losses ladies, well done to one and all. Some may be smaller than others, but any loss is a good loss. Sherry, you like me lost nothing this week, but there you go. Still better than a gain, and it does mean we're still on track.

Some really good NSV's I see too, so congrats on all of those.

Melanie, you've almost caught me up in our weight loss now, I have only 4 to go to reach that 50 goal. Nice feeling isn't it. But isn't it expensive having to keep buy all these new clothes.

Linda, you really need to get yourself sorted out, that Doc of yours needs to get his act together and piece everything together from recent weeks and look after you! Make sure the family do too! Don't do too much while you feel rotten - just go with the flow, you'll come out the other end the better for it.

Anyway, gotta fly for now, I fancy toast with L/C cheese for some reason.....
Old 11-04-2004, 02:42 PM   #165  

Gee, I wonder why you fancy toast with LC cheese, Dawny! I actually LOVE this and the fact that I love it, find it filling and it's only three points is great!
I'm feeling better after two doses of ibuprofen and activity. I really think I must have Rheumtoid Arthritis as my body is ok by mid day, mornings are awful and I am stiff and sore, but after taking pain medication and moving around, etc. I feel ok. I will ask my doctor to test me!
Bella, not trying to lecture you at all here, as I certainly have had my days of bad choices, hope you realized that with my talk about junk/fast food, etc. Have any of you tried (not sure they are in Greece or the UK, either?) the Hebrew National lite hot dogs? They are only one point each and taste "normal". They have 2 point hot dog "lite" rolls as well, so you can have a hot dog with mustard and relish for only three points! Also, the Bush's vegetarian baked beans are 2 points for 1/2 cup. So, you could have hot dog and beans for only five points and be fairly full! Add a salad with ff dressing (one point) and you've got a pretty "safe" meal! If any of you fancy baked beans, do have the vegetarian ones! While they are heating on the stove, I add a tablespoon or so of both ketchup and yellow mustard to them, it enhances the flavor! If you like spicier things, add a tablespoon or two of BBQ sauce!
I was a "good girl" today in terms of making 5 can soup (remember that?) for lunch and having that for 1 point with a haddock fillet cooked with ww butter spray and lemon juice. I had 1 cup of cantelope afterwards and felt satisfied.
Now, I am going to begin a whirlwind housekeeping effort as my MIL is coming tomorrow! We wouldn't want her to think her son has a wife who doesn't keep a clean house, would we?! I will be earing a few activity points and getting this messy home cleaned, a good thing!
MY NSV for the day is making a good choice for both breakfast and lunch and being totally on program, so far! I also made a 2 point dessert for tomorrow night when my in laws are here. Remember the Snickers Bar thing? If any of you want me to repeat that recipe or the 5 can soup recipe, let me know!
Linda
Closed Thread