Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 06:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/207/145

Exclamation WW Moms Check In--Oct 10-16

Hi Moms:

I hope that you have a good checkin this week. Please let us know:

Make sure to drink your water; take your vitamins; eat 5 servings of fruit and veggies; exercise at least 20 minutes everyday; and have your milk!

I wish you luck and hope to read your accounts.
        Old 10-11-2004, 05:05 PM   #2  

Red face Happy Monday Ladies...

Rosa...TY for the new post

Dawny...TY for the info on graphics

Well, I had a great week except for LAST NIGHT!!! DH and I got into an argument and after he went to bed...I got inot the rice crispy treats !!! OMG they tasted SOOOO good. Then I felt guilty...argh...what did I expect???

I am just not going to be able to make treats like that for the kids until I get a better grip on my program. Back on track today and plan to weigh in on Wed.

I am doing well on the cardio work out, but falling short on my arms/abs work.

I hope averyone has a good weigh in...I look forward to hearing more from you all later.
        Old 10-11-2004, 06:38 PM   #3  

Alissa,

Don't feel bad, we went out this weekend and I ate great till that evening, yesterday and today! I had a pretzle dog 12pts and some cheese danish (about 9points ) so I went over my allowed points and my fp. SO i am now over by 1pt and am SO mad at myslef. I just want to show a tiny loss, I want to hit my 10lb mark. I weigh in tomorrow so we'll see. But I am scared!

Hope everyone else does great!
        Old 10-13-2004, 12:26 PM   #4  
        Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Mind if I join in? I'm a mommy and I'm on WW....

~chris
        Old 10-13-2004, 04:32 PM   #5  

Red face

Quote:
        Originally Posted by chrily
        Mind if I join in? I'm a mommy and I'm on WW....

~chris
        Please do join us! I hope that we can support each other on this quest for weight loss and being moms. I hope everyone has a great week.
        Old 10-13-2004, 06:27 PM   #6  
        Focus on the Process

Hey WW gals!

Just checking in before I have to make dinner for the family. I got 30 minutes of walking in today and 60 oz. of water so far. On another thread, we have a weekly challenge going for drinking at least 64 oz. of water a day and getting at least 30 minutes of activity in a day. The contest keeps me in check and I have lost additional weight since I started that.

I'm doing the flexpoints plan. Who's doing that? Or are some of you on Core? I'm curious to see how everyone does on either plan to see if I want to switch and give Core a try.

So tell me a bit about yourselves. I'm a stay-at-home mom 5 days a week and work 2 days. I have 3 daughters, 11 yrs, 5 yrs, and 2 yrs. I live in Billings, Montana and have been married for 5 years to my second hubby. He's a doll and a great father. I love to play on ebay and occasionally sell stuff on there. I read lots of books, sew, and like to walk, even though I don't get much of a chance to. I'm 33 yrs. old and have had rheumatoid arthritis for the last 4 years. That's makes exercise difficult some days but that's the way life goes. If you want to know more, I could write you a whole book.

Well, I guess I better go. The kids want attention. My eldest wants me to help her clean out her dresser and wittle down her shirt drawer. The girl has about 30+ shirts in there. She's my Lizzie McGuire wanna-be. Little Miss Trendy. She definitely does not take after her mother.
        ~chris
        Old 10-13-2004, 07:27 PM   #7  

Quote:
        Originally Posted by chrily
        So tell me a bit about yourselves. ~chris
        Hi Chris:

I am an out-of-work mom; lost my job recently and have chosen to stay home until I find something substantial.

I have two-under-two: a boy (11 mo.) and a girl (2.75 mo). I live in New York state. I exercise quite a bit, but I needed to control my eating. I was eating 3x the normal serving and would maintain because I exercise at least 5x a week at 45 minutes a shot. I am losing about 2 lbs per week. I am really enjoying being on the Flex program. I will only do Core if I hit a plateau to spark some life into my routine.

I hope that you can continue to check in with us each week and let us know how you are doing and how you faired during weigh-in. Keep us posted.
        Old 10-13-2004, 07:45 PM   #8  
        Focus on the Process

Rosa,
        Boy, your little ones are close together in age. Bet that's a handful.

As far as my program goes, I don't have to much of a problem with food. I do go on little snack attacks here and there but get right back on track fairly easy now. My problem is exercise. I have rheumatoid arthritis, which isn't too much of a problem since I'm on meds...but I do tire more easy. Also it is so hard to find time to exercise with my little girls. I'd love to walk but my 2 yr. old won't stay in her stroller. She escapes too easy. So walking turns into a stop, start, stop, start...etc. This totally frustrates me. My husband works days and most evenings too to make ends meet so I just don't know what to do. I'm a whiner... Wish I had a babysitter...

Gotta finish getting dinner ready. Hey do you guys start new threads each day or what? I don't want to miss out on visiting with you girlies...
        ~chris
        Old 10-13-2004, 11:01 PM   #9  

Hello! My name is Jami I have a 19 month old who also hates sitting in her stroller. I love reading these before I go to bed.. I am doing Flex points, I had 2 left and I burt slightly my bag of popcorn so I have to eat it a little yucky. oh well. You sound like you are busy with little ones
        Old 10-14-2004, 09:18 AM   #10  
        Focus on the Process

Hey Jami,
        Good morning! I only have a second because I have to get ready for work and the kids ready for school, and one ready for the babysitter. Busy, busy, busy. Thursday's are my most hectic day. I get to work late, and have to leave at 10:45 to drive to my DD's school all the way across town and then drop her off at the sitter, and go back to work...Pain in the rear end.

Anyhow thanks for the welcome and I better bust my butt and get moving or we'll all be late. Talk to you all this evening when I have more time.

~chris
        Old 10-16-2004, 10:50 AM   #11  

Hi ladies:

Nice to know that more Moms have joined us here.

Well, I had weigh-in today and I weighed in at 198.6 lbs and lost a total of 2.8 lbs since last week. I am so proud. I can now go down to 24 points, which will be hard, but worth it.

The plan for this week is to drink my waters, no sweets (even if I count them in my total points), and exercise 5 days this week. I am so proud that I broke through that 200 lb. barrier. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Now I can't wait to get to goal. Have a great week and I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow and all of next week when I start a new thread.
        Old 10-16-2004, 12:08 PM   #12  
        Focus on the Process

Rosa,

Way to go on the weight loss . That is so awesome. I can't wait to get below the 200 lb. mark. That would make my day. I haven't seen that the scale below 200 since I was pregnant with my last daughter. You go girl!

Chris
        Old 10-20-2004, 03:37 PM   #13  

Hi everyone
        Can I join? I'm not exactly a young mother but I am a mom and I am on WW. I have 2 DD's who are both married and I have 3 grand son's 11-3-1. And I also have a 7 year old son who we dearly thank God for all our children daily. I love to sew do crafts read swim and play kickball with my son. Have been married for 31 yrs to my DH who is great.
        I have had a hard time the last few weeks on WW. I am on the points system and what I really need is to get out and walk and pretty soon use my because in Minnesota it gets down below zero quite often. I feel like I might be a chronic overeater, but I know I can do it if I put my mind to it, and have people helping me on my way. I have lost my first 5 pounds but not sure about tommow nights weigh in. This is what I would like to see tomorrow but if not it WILL be next week. Gotta head out I am helping my daughter paint a new house that her & hubby just bought. Does that constitute as exercise? Ha ha

[COLOR=Sienna]Myreah

Last edited by Anmyreah; 10-20-2004 at 04:01 PM.
        Old 10-20-2004, 08:10 PM   #14  
        Focus on the Process

Hi Myreah,

I do believe I have read some of your posts on another thread...How are ya? I say even if your kids are grown, you're still a mom and you ARE on WW. I say that qualifies.

How is the weight loss battle going on today? Not bad here. I was bad yesterday. I ate McDonald's...Chicken Nuggets and a medium fries. Today I was good and staying on program. I've only drank water today too. I've stayed away from pop...a naughty 3-letter word.

Well have to go finish up fixing dinner. I'll check back later.

~chris
        Closed Thread