Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2001, 09:07 PM   #16  

Default low carb ww

I am a new WW member and an old low carber. I WOULD LOVE TO FIND A WW LOW CARB BOARD. In my own efforts to develop this for myself I came upon the original Jean Neitich WW book from 1966 or something. Although it is very fat conscious, it is indeed higher protein and much lower carb. IF YOU FOLKS WANT ME TO EITHER PRINT OUT ooops, sorry about the caps, well, I can print out some more info if you would like or think it would be helpful as a point of departure. It of course eliminates the idea of points and deals rather with the older exchange plan. (I also have all the other exchange plans program books as well.) I have learned since that too high carbs are problematic for me but I also have learned that an Atkins type diet is not the best thing for my health. Hence a low carb WW would be a heavenly way to lose my 80 lbs . I'll check back to follow up My e mail address is [email protected] looking forward to hearing from administrators, moderators, and anyone who thinks I can help this low carb WW get launched. see ya, Happy
Old 03-06-2001, 12:16 AM   #17  

Default WW Low Carb Plan

Count me in. I could use a jump start.
Old 03-06-2001, 06:50 AM   #18  

I would be interested in low carb as well.
Old 03-06-2001, 07:28 AM   #19  
WW Moderator

Default Replies to questions

Thanks for your input everyone!

Lolo, you are right, this is not easily done. What I am trying to accomplish is a thread that gives ideas on low and moderate point foods/recipes/meals that are also low or somewhat low in carbs. This will stay the WW program we follow, just new ideas on specific foods that we need in our diet.

I am insulin resistant and I am having a very hard time losing weight. I know there are a lot of people like me who need low carb but really want the WW program also. The WW program is great and I want to stay on it and continue meetings, but I have to find a replacement for a lot of my pasta and breads and starchy vegetables.

My guess is that we will be 'lite carbers' and not low carbers because we will still be following WW, just reducing our carb intake. Does this sound like it is going the right direction? This is experimental so we will probably figure it out as we go along. We should have a forum together this weekend, I hope. Suzanne is the board expert. She will be building it and I am not sure how long that takes!
Old 03-06-2001, 09:48 AM   #20  
GARDENING ADDICT

Smile

Jennifer, That sounds wonderful to me. I think that WW Lite-Carbs is the way to go. Many of us still include too many carbs and not enough protein in our point ranges and I believe that this slows down our weight loss.
There are several members that post info along this line but it is scattered all over. Having a special thread to share this info will make our journey so much easier.

Thank you for always striving to improve upon this site. I appreciate all your efforts.
~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 03-06-2001 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-06-2001, 11:11 AM   #21  
Senior Tortoise

Yes, Jennifer, that sounds exactly right to me. I suspect I am also insulin resistant (my mom has diabetes as does my uncle), and while I love carbs, I definitely don't lose weight quickly when I eat them.

So I'm looking for ideas on cutting back but definitely not going completely low-carb.

--Lauren
Old 03-06-2001, 03:09 PM   #22  

I would be very interested in this too as I have a 14 yo DD that is insulin resistant too. We have cut out most carbs for now-but I want to make sure that she is eating healthy. I know that eating carbs makes her want MORE carbs!!! I think this would be a wonderful help and would try to add what I can to it!
Old 03-06-2001, 04:16 PM   #23  

I would like suggestions regarding LC & WW. I've been trying to get back on track & this will give me the incentive. My family, bro. sis & deceased parents are/were diabetics. I get a check up every year & so far my blood sugar has been normal. I figured better safe than sorry. I would be very interested.
Old 03-06-2001, 04:38 PM   #24  

I am new to this post and have decided to start the ww 123 program. I just thought that I would make low carb choices with the program and lean toward protein choices. I would love a ww low carb thread to go to. Good idea.
Old 03-06-2001, 05:44 PM   #25  

Default Interest in low carb. and ww points

I would be interested in low carb and ww points. I am thinking about doing cad along with 123 ww. It would be a great idea. Shirley
Old 03-11-2001, 06:58 PM   #26  

Default WW low carb

I am also interested. Thanks
Old 03-12-2001, 03:50 PM   #27  
Stressed but Sane

Jennifer, I would be really interested in this forum!
Old 03-12-2001, 10:18 PM   #28  
WW Moderator

Default It's here!

The forum is alive!! Is is located under the Low Carbohydrate Lifestyle section, and the forum is titled Lite Carbing with WW. Enjoy!!
Old 03-13-2001, 06:07 AM   #29  
GARDENING ADDICT

THANKS JENNIFER!
Old 09-30-2002, 11:17 AM   #30  

Please put me on your list of anxious people who want to do low-carbing along with ww. My doctor recommended low carbing.
Closed Thread