Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 05:13 AM   #1  

Hey! The other thread was getting really long and the last 3 messages would not come up for me, so I thought I would start a new one! If I missed any of your replies due to them not showing up, please repost!
I just went swimming for an hour and a half with my aunt (same age as me!) and 2 yr old cousin. I wasn't doing laps or anything, so am not sure if it should count for activity pts or not! It was fun though!
I am SO dehydrated today- had more than 20 8oz glasses of water plus herbal tea and am still thirsty. Any ideas of what would cause that? It happened to me yesterday as well!
Better run- hope to hear from you soon!
~tara~

------------------
~saskie~
start 201/WW 148/present 140.6/personal goal 130-135
Old 03-02-2001, 06:46 AM   #2  

Saskie I did post on the other thread incase you didnt see it,it said Im glad you are having a better day! Dont give up, I found out from experience that taking a break from tracking wasnt a good idea my break lasted 6 months.Luckily I only regained 10 of the 38 I originally lost. Try not to be too hard on yourself about a bad day.I have my 2nd weigh in on sat. I am a little worried because I havent been able to excersise like usual because I have stitches in my ankle and just walking hurts. Nothing serious just a big ugly mole. I got them on monday and they have to be in 2 weeks.I have been staying on track but at the high end of my points. I dont have any children myself but I work with them all day. Sorry this post is so long bye for now

[This message has been edited by Justme (edited 03-01-2001).]
Old 03-02-2001, 09:53 AM   #3  

HELLO, SWIMMING IS AN EXCELLENT WAY OF GETTING EXERCISE. YOU DON'T REALLY FEAL IT BUT YOU JUST MITE TOMORROW. I USED TO DO WATER AEROBICS. Well I haven't had any problem eating too much today now my daughter is puking all over me. I sure hope I don't get this flu. I don't see how I can luck out and not get it. Saskie do you have kids? I did Tae Bo today I tell you every time I do it It kicks my rear. I try to do it every other day and walk on my treadmill the other day.( I live in the cold snow and have no desire to go outside to walk) I get real thirsty when I eat allot of sugar. Someone once told me that when you ovulate you are real thirsty I don't know if that is true or not. MW
Old 03-02-2001, 11:40 PM   #4  

Great to hear from you both- and to hear that you are both doing well
JustMe- good luck with your weigh in! You will have to let us know how it goes! Thats pretty good that you only gained back 10 when you quit tracking. I track even on the bad days. Do you work at a daycare or a school?
2Sexy- I hope you don't get sick too! How many kids do you have? I don't have any, yet. Oh- the thirsty thing,*L* I realized it was from eating too many super high fiber bakers cookies- I ate over 60gr of fiber just in the cookies yesterday, and that soaks up alll the liquid in me and therefore made me super thirsty!
I have decided to try to maintain this week as opposed to trying to lose. I think that it is more realistic. I felt good this morning when I was trying on clothes for the funeral (this afternoon) and my sister was amazed at how skinny I am It felt REALLY good!
I better run- zillions of things to do today.Hope to hear from you both soon!
~tara~
Old 03-03-2001, 06:27 AM   #5  

2sexy-I hope your daughter gets better soon. I like walking on the treadmill too when I cant get outside. I also have the abslide and the crunch ball(with a tape)The people on the tape are really annoying but I love the exercise. I found muscles I didnt know existed. Im even getting abdominal muscles. I started exercising several weeks before I actually went back to meetings.I havent been able to do as much this week.Have a great weekend Saskie - I work in a daycare I have been there since 1984.I will let you know how my weigh in goes I will be there bright and early tomorrow morning. Im glad you got some compliments about your weight it sure helps to get encouragment from others when they notice. You have a great weekend too
Old 03-04-2001, 09:18 PM   #6  

I weighed in on saturday Im soooo happy I was down 2.8 pounds even though I wasnt able to excersise. After 4 pounds I will be within 2 pounds of my goal and wont have to pay anymore.
Old 03-04-2001, 09:27 PM   #7  

Hello there girls took me awhile to get logged back in,I couldn't remember my password. Well I weighed today, the same as the last time which was 2.5 down. so a little discouraging but I have been really exercising harder then ever this week and maybe I am gaining muscle. It has only been a week so I won't start whining yet. I need to concentrate on the diet part of it this week. I have a hard time getting back on the WW program. I have two children ages 2 and 6. Until next time chow for now. MW
Old 03-05-2001, 01:59 PM   #8  

Congrats, ladies! I am very excited for both of you- and hopefully
I can gain some inspiration from you both. I ended up having 3 very bad days this week,
due to the funeral and some stress that has been building for a couple months now.
BUT today is the day to get back on track. I missed the gym fri/sat/sun due
to the funeral and work, but I was back there this morning. I really want
to give the program a chance again and lose that last 5-15 lbs.
I could use some advice- should I weigh in at my meeting tomorrow, or just
attend and not weigh in? I had almost 10lbs between my weight and the weight I would
have to pay at, so maybe I should weigh in just to see what damage I have
done????
well, its time for my weekly 4 hour journey to Saskatoon...I will definitely
check in to see how you are both doing when I get to the university tonight
though! I hope you are both doing well.
Have you tried the cookies yet? The pumpkin chocolate chip are WONDERFUL!!!
Old 03-05-2001, 03:18 PM   #9  

Hello, I think it is so cool that when you reply I get an e-mail telling me. I like that. I like what they have done. Well, saskie I would weigh in. Sometimes you need a kick to get back in gear or it could go the other way and you could stay in the slump (like I did) but we are not about to let you do that I know from past experience it does take a bit to gain the weight back. That is another bonus to ww. It doesn't come right back on the minute you quit. I was having a bad day today, i missed my work out yesturday and was coming up with excuses today but coming here motivates me. so I will get out that TBO tape and get with it. I don't want to mess that up I have been doing tai bo every other day. It makes me feel strong. Not so fluffy If you know what I mean. Have you ever tried the ginger dressing at the mustard seed resteraunt. I love it but every time I try to get the nutritional value they don't know it . But it is just a dressing so if that is all I have with my salad for lunch or dinner it shouldn't be that bad although I know some dressings are like 5-8 points but still just for one meal that isn't bad. I haven't tried the cookies. where is the recipe? Well I am going to get up off of this chair and exercise. Chow for now. MW
Old 03-05-2001, 05:25 PM   #10  

Hi Saskie sorry to hear you had such a hard three days, Sometimes if I had a hard week what I did was weigh in but ask them not to record it on my sheet. That way If I did have a gain I didnt know how much so I wouldnt get too worked up over it.This may not work for everyone. Im sure some people need to know to get them back in line.For me just going to the meeting was like starting with a clean slate. . It sounds like you have the determination to stick with the program Im sure you can do it. I havent tried the cookies but they sound good.
Old 03-05-2001, 07:36 PM   #11  

2Sexy:
Why are you a Junior Member? What exactly does that label mean? (By your name beside
your post) I think I will take your advice and weigh in- I figure if I managed to regain 10lbs in one week
I deserve to pay the $13! My clothes feel fine, though, so I am sure it won't be more than
a couple lbs...if I am lucky! I have never even heard of the Mustard Seed Restaurant, but if I ever go there I will try the dressing. I am sure it is no more than 2 pts/TB, seems to be the max pts for salad dressing.
I know what you mean about feeling "Less Fluffy" after exercise- it makes you feel better all
day!
JustMe:
It is like a clean slate, every time you go to a meeting. I really like that too! You should definitely
try the cookies, I love them! They are really high in fiber though, so they may take a little getting used
to for your body! *L*

What pts ranges do the two of you eat in? Sorry if I have already asked, my brain is still
a little frazzled!
I better get to class- have to work my butt off the next 3 days to catch up on homework
that I missed last week!
~t~
Old 03-06-2001, 06:24 PM   #12  

HELLO THERE. WELL MY POINTS RANGE IS RITE ON THE VERGE OF 20-27 ANOTHER HALF A POUND TILL THEN 22-29. BUT I MUST CONFESS I HAVEN'T BEEN COUNTING POINTS. I WAS MOTIVATED TO DO THE EXERCISE BUT NOT THE DIET PART BUT NOW I AM FEELING MORE MOTIVATED FOR THE DIET SO I AM READY NOW. DO YOU TWO HAVE ANY FAVORITE SNACKS? MW
Old 03-06-2001, 08:41 PM   #13  

Hi you guys! I am in the 18 to 23 points range. Some days I really miss those extra 2 points that were taken away when they changed the program to winning points. One of my favorite snacks is skinny cow icecream sandwiches,They are only 2 points each and pretty good sized. I also like the Orville Redenbackers smart pop and healthy choice chocolate chocolate chip icecream (a double serving is 4 points) Saskie how did your meeting go???
Old 03-06-2001, 09:23 PM   #14  

HELLO! I HAVEN'T BEEN TO WW SINCE THE 123 CHANGED TO THE WINNING POINTS. IS IT MUCH DIFFERENT? IS CALCULATING THE POINTS THE SAME? I DIDN'T THINK IT COULD GET MUCH BETTER I THOUGHT IT WAS PERFECT BEFORE. MW I LIKE TO SPRAY I CAN'T BELIEVE IT S NOT BUTTER SPRAY ON MY POPCORN AND MY POTATOES
Old 03-06-2001, 10:33 PM   #15  

2sexy, I use the spray on mine too sometimes a little seasoning. The biggest changes I know about so far since I have only been back for 2 weeks is, The fiber only goes up tp 4 grams on the point slider.This means that some things are more points that they used to be. Carrots now count as 1 point, a bummer for me because I ate raw carrots alot. 2 points have been shaved from the point ranges.I have really mixed feelings about this it worked fine for me the other way.Im not sure why they changed it. I guess so people get quicker results.I think you can count your first 20 minutes as a point now though.
Closed Thread