Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 02:05 AM   #1  

Silly question but is a day a 24 hr. period or the span between getting up and going to bed? If I have a snack at 1 am before I go to bed, is it included in the points I've accrued since I got up or does it count for the current 24 hr. period?
Curious because I have midterms this week and have to to plan for some "high risk" snacking.
Thanks.
Old 04-19-2001, 03:08 AM   #2  

I wonder if there are any amongst us who haven't occassionally sat by the clock waiting for midnight to strike, in gleeful anticipation of "getting to break into a nice fresh set of Points". ~chuckle~

Oh yeah, you can do that if you want to. Just remember though, that it all evens up over 48 hours. If you eat your day's allotment of points between, say, midnight and 3am, you're in for a serious hungry day! Been there, done that, and no matter what a good idea it seems at the time, it is sooooo not worth it! So, even though you're free to work the program any way you see fit, if you want my 2 cents, i'd suggest it is a lot "safer" to call a "day" the period between waking and sleeping... and don't start advancing the next day's Points just because the clock hits 12.
Old 04-19-2001, 09:08 AM   #3  

I agree with Incredible. Actually, it never occurred to me that I could rationalize a fresh set of points after the clock strikes 12--thanks, y'all, for giving me something else to have mental struggles about! Heh.

Someone in my meeting said last week, "After dinner, if I'm out of points and I'm still really hungry, I just go to bed." Everyone laughed at the poor woman, but I can really relate: I actually did this last night! And today I'm VERY well-rested and rarin' to go--had half my day's water down by 8 a.m.

But if you need to stay up late studying for midterms, Slinko, obviously you can't just hit the sack to avoid being hungry. I recall from my student days--and the all-nighters I occasionally still pull for work--that one needs more food when one is up substantially longer hours than usual. Could you use banked points on those long nights? Or make sure you have a lot of low-point snacks, like popcorn, fat-free chips and raw veggies, around?

Last edited by ShakeThoseHips; 04-19-2001 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-19-2001, 09:23 AM   #4  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi Slinko

Great advice from the others. Personally I would probably plan ahead. If you know you are going to have to snack later on then eat low points the rest of the day and/or plan low fat/low point snacks. I would not suggest going into the next days points though, as it would seriously be hard to stay OP the next day.

It is very do-able though....just be prepared and handle the situation.

(hugs)

Angie
Old 04-19-2001, 10:39 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

Set your own 24 hour period! There are some people who start their W/W day at 3:00 or 4:00 or even 5:00 in the afternoon. I do mine from wake up to wake up.
Old 04-19-2001, 01:31 PM   #6  
J0

I am one of those WWs who journals from 4 PM one day to 4 PM the next. I like to start my day fresh with zero points at dinnertime.

This has worked well for me, but I have to be careful about cavalier snacking at night because I have so many points available. But 4 PM is a tough time for me so it's good to have more freedom then.

Jo
196/156
Old 04-21-2001, 12:55 PM   #7  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

I also start my day with dinner. But I've never been a nighttime eater. I notice, though, that if I stay up unusually late, I do get hungry. The temptation is often to eat low-nutrition snack foods or sweets, but I find that a 0-1 point soup satisfies me without wrecking my points for the next day, especially if there is a bit of beans and a little pasta along with the veggies in it.

Lin
Closed Thread