Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 11:23 AM   #1  

I am 2 pounds heavier this morning from what I was on Friday morning(my official weigh-in day). I was 2lbs. heavier on my home scale this morning then I was on my home scale on Friday morning. I had 23 points on Friday, I barely ate on Saturday, I had 8 points (and that might be too liberal it may have be 6) and I had 40 on Sunday. I used my 10 banked points from Saturday for Sunday's meals (40-10= 30) and that leaves me with going over 5 points since I'm in the 20-25 range. Is it possible that those 5 points caused a 2 lb. gain.
Old 04-16-2001, 11:27 AM   #2  

I am 2 pounds heavier this morning from what I was on Friday morning(my official weigh-in day). I was 2lbs. heavier on my home scale this morning then I was on my home scale on Friday morning. I had 23 points on Friday, I barely ate on Saturday, I had 8 points (and that might be too liberal it may have been 6) although I did eat some 0 point veggies, and I had 40 on Sunday. I used my 10 banked points from Saturday for Sunday's meals (40-10= 30) and that leaves me with going over 5 points since I'm in the 20-25 range. Is it possible that those 5 points caused a 2 lb. gain.
Old 04-16-2001, 12:06 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Did you eat something salty? We had ham yesterday and I can barely get my usually loose rings on this morning!

Sometimes weight bearing exercise makes you retain water. Did you work out this weekend?

A pound is the equivalent of 3500 calories or approximately 70 pts. So a 2 lb gain would be 140 extra pts. That would be not impossible to do, but I would bet it is either water weight due to exercise, salt intake or sun spots .

good luck. If you have been following the program, then you'll lose that excess
weight by your next weighin.
Old 04-16-2001, 12:28 PM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

WATER!!!! Also, the fact that you barely ate on Saturday may have made your body retain something!! Drink lots of water today to re-hydrate yourself and see if that works!
Old 04-16-2001, 02:21 PM   #5  

Every scale weights different. Thats why you should only weigh at your meetings. Also if you aren't eating at least the low end of your points each day, your body won't let the fat go. Also depens on the time of day you weigh, clothes you are wearing and how much food you have eaten and/or how much water you drank. It all makes a big difference..
Old 04-16-2001, 02:22 PM   #6  

Thanks for the tip. I didn't eat anything salty so maybe it is water. I didn't drink a lot of water this weekend so I am making up for it today by drinking lots of it. I also didn't do any exercise
Old 04-16-2001, 02:23 PM   #7  

As far as my scale, I weighed myself on my home scale on Friday right before I went to my weight watcher's meeting so that I would know how apart they were(if they weren't the same weight). I gained 2 pounds based on my weight from my home scale on Friday and my home scale this morning. I weighed at the same time wearing the same thing.
Old 04-16-2001, 05:02 PM   #8  

Prettynpink

I do the same thing as you just so I can keep track of my weight at home.

Last week, after the weekend, I was also up 2 lbs, but just figured it as water. I kept with the program eating all my points and drinking my water and by this passed Saturday, I was actually down 2 lbs, plus the 2 I had supposedly gained over the weekend.

If you are like me and need to weigh in at home, you have to just kind of accept what the scale says, especially if you know that you are following the program.

Good luck & keep us posted.

Felicia
Old 04-17-2001, 10:07 AM   #9  

Thanks Felicia,
I've been trying to drink as much water as possible to flush it out. Hopefully I will have a good loss on Friday/Saturday when I go to the meeting.
Old 04-17-2001, 10:50 AM   #10  
Cowboy Up Chick

It's basically impossible to gain 2 pounds in that short of time unless you had 7000 more than you needed to actually gain. Like the others said it was probably from the water. While an occassionally day under your minimum won't really hurt your metabolism when you do that the next day or two you might be very hungry and over eat. Which is one of the reasons W/W discourages eating under the minimum (we all know the other reasons right?).

If you truly aren't hungry and only did eat 6-8 points you should try drinking something that has caloires (juice, real soda, milk, even a beer or glass of wine or two) to bring you up to at least the minimum.

And always drink plenty of water.
Old 04-17-2001, 11:00 PM   #11  
Blondie34

I also had a 2 lb. gain this week I stayed on program the only thing different was I had ham this week, so they said at my meeting to drink lots of water it was probably the salt from the ham. But it still upsets you it takes so long to get the 2 lbs off

Old 04-18-2001, 09:21 AM   #12  

Default Getting discouraged

I've been drinking a bunch of water and the 2lbs. are still there.
Old 04-18-2001, 11:16 AM   #13  

Pretty, I know it's hard to stay off the home scale...I used to obsessively hop on mine about eight times a day. Then it broke (no, not because of my fat ***...at least I don't think so...hmmmm), and I decided not to replace it. I feel 1,000 times better. Getting weighed once a week at WW totally takes the pressure off, and I can concentrate on staying OP instead of freaking about that day's PMS fluid retention or constipation or salt intake or whatever.

But if you really can't stay off your scale, try thinking of this as a long-term lifestyle change rather than a short-term diet change. Tell yourself that it really doesn't matter if you're up a couple of pounds today, because what you're shooting for is improved health and an ongoing pattern of wise eating choices. So what's going to matter in the end is what you weigh a year or two or three from now, not right this minute.
Old 04-18-2001, 12:06 PM   #14  

Default HANG IN THERE

The 2 pounds will go soon. Keep eating at least the low end of your points, drink the water and excersie. Don't give up.
Old 04-18-2001, 03:16 PM   #15  
Blondie34

Thanks for your reply and your encouragement I am going to stay off the scales until my meeting and just keep op until then I just had a stuffed pepper though I have to figure the points on that though my husband made them

Closed Thread