Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 07:59 AM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Sandi,
You've gotten lots of good advice. The first thing I'd say to do is throw out all those easy to grab and eat foods that aren't doing you any good. Then I'd make absolutely sure I was taking the vitamins the doc prescribed including folic acid. Then I'd take a deep breath, look at my WW materials, and stay close to program without making myself crazed.
Enjoy this time of your life, stay away from poor food choices because you know you can, and don't worry so much about the weight you've already put on.
Just try from this day on to do a little better for yourself.
Drink the water, walk a little, and soon you'll be into the nesting mode and your baby will be here. Congratulations and enjoy every minute!
Old 03-06-2001, 11:03 AM   #17  

Thank you for your replies....

I do plan on continuing exercising during the pregnancy *if I am blessed with a baby*. Right now I have increased my intensity, knowing that I will only be able to 'maintain' during the pregnancy.

I have been playing with my weight for a very long time (years)...Unlike when I first joined WW (about 6-7 yrs ago) I dropped about 30 lbs in 2-3 months and made life time (and gained 15 lbs within a month after - due to not learning anything). Now I go back to WW to keep me in check/accountable and I must have made some 'break throughs' as I have a totally different outlook now. I go to the meetings and now I actually get great *usable* info...and I don't try beat or cheat the system any more. I am doing what is good for me.

Basically I have been at the same weight (up or down 5 lbs) for almost 2 years. So It isn't like I have lost a hunk of weight recently or just to get pregnant. (We just started talking about it!)

My Doc said that I only need to increase my calories by 300 in the 2 and 3 trimester - and they should be a milk, fruit and 3 extra oz of protein. (on top of a maintanance diet).

Thank you for all your comments! (If there are other comments, I would also love to hear them!)

Y
Old 03-06-2001, 08:15 PM   #18  
Domestic Goddess

Thanks, NASCAR, for pointing out that gaining a lot of weight while pregnant can't always be blamed on poor eating. From my personal experience I'd just say I'd messed with my metabolism too much.

Good luck, Yvonne! Babies are great!! That's why I have 4 and am considering another!!
Old 03-06-2001, 11:33 PM   #19  
# 3 Fan Forever

Default Kerri ~

I know I didn't gain from "eating for two." As a matter of fact, I was so sick the first three months I lived on crackers and Sprite. I know that messed up my metabolism because I wasn't eating enough.

Babies are wonderful. Kids are wonderful. Teenagers, not looking forward to THAT!
Closed Thread