THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD HATH MADE
I WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT.

Maggie wishing you all a wonderful day from Tennessee
Old 04-15-2001, 07:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

What a truly, glorious God's day.

Happy Easter to everyone!

(Maggie, we sang that song at church and I've been singing it to myself all day long! Something about that song, it stays in my brain for about a day.)

Life is truly Good.

Old 04-16-2001, 10:10 AM   #18  
Thin Within

Default GOOD MORNING Countdowners

Well ladies thais is fixin' to be a good day for all of us. For those who went over points yesterday ~ leave it there. Yesterday is history, tormorrow a mystery and today is a gift for us to send wisely.

We are off to the city today to do some errands and lunch somewhere ~ don't know where just yet. But I will order wisely. I don't go to WW today for it is closed but will attend a session tomorrow in a different town and weigh in. If my body co-operates I should show a loss ~ I can hope. I am making progress for my goal between Spring and Autumn. YES ~ Life is good!

Maggie fixin' to get dressed and outta here ~ in Tennessee
Old 04-16-2001, 04:59 PM   #19  
Find a Way

Happy Post Easter everyone. Not many more holidays to worry about now for a while. I stayed OP and received a 2.2 lb loss today for my efforts (a total of 21 lbs. now). Only four pounds to go for my first magnet .

Funny, I guess since I was determined to stay OP yesterday it made DH pay attention to food more. We were there Saturday and Sunday, and Saturday he said he never realized how much his family can put away. We got there at 11:00 and it was a non-stop food fest till we left around 7:00. They had guacomole, chips, crackers with cheese, cake, etc., etc., This is not an exaggeration - you could not look up without seeing at least one person putting some kind of food in his/her mouth THE ENTIRE TIME.

We hiked Easter morning and it was a wonderful day - just the two of us for a short time. The hike made me realize how much better and more enjoyable my life will be when I get this weight off, and made it easy to stay OP at the in-laws.

Thin - I really like your leader's ideas. Those will come in handy in the future. Congrats on staying away from the popcorn and thanks for the movie reviews .

Teri - let us know how your recipe turns out, it sure sounds good to me too. Good luck keeping the dog a secret - hopefully they won't be too strict since you are planning on moving anyway.

Maggie - I loved that saying, it is so true. We seem to always dwell on the mistakes of the past or wish that the future would get here that we often neglect the day we are given to actually live!!

Last edited by Chillin; 04-16-2001 at 05:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2001, 09:58 PM   #20  
Dying to be thin

Hello everyone, sorry for being awol. I have had company most of the week and then I had to catch up on laundry and housework and homework and now I have to catch up all over again. I did well early in the week and then bad throughout the week and yesterday was..well just bad. Today I stepped on the ww scale and actually showed a .2 loss!!!! YEEHAW!! I was so happy so it makes my grand total 16 lbs gone!!! I am going to have to try really hard this week so that it doesn't show next week!!!

I am going to have to catch up on posts later but take care all!!!

Angie
Old 04-16-2001, 11:48 PM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello ladies! I am doing the happy dance today. The WW scales were good to me, I maintained! I'll save the smilies from my happy dance for next week when it's a loss, but after last week and then Sunday, a maintain is a gift!!!

The dinner yesterday was nice. We walked in, sat down, filled our plates, got up, and left. No dishes and most importantly NO LEFTOVERS!! I made decent choices and didn't go crazy. I also had a little bit of what ever I wanted including seconds on dessert.

Maggie: Hope you had a great time in the city. You always have such nice lunches. Can't wait to hear where it was this time.

Cynthia: 2.5#!! Great job and on a holiday week, too!! I'm sooo proud!

Angie: .2# for you! Good! It's all in the right direction!

Terri: Hope you had a nice holiday.

Well girls, I'm outta here. Gotta catch some zzzzz's.

A 'pat on the back' is only a few centimeters from a 'kick in the butt'.
Old 04-17-2001, 07:01 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,

Just want to do a quick post to congratulate all the losers and say that I finally got rid of my water retention and down another two pounds. Finally!

Focus does help. I was glad to hear from my doc that she is doing WW as well and struggles at it too. Think that's why I like going to her. She is less judgemental about weight struggles as other docs. I found it amusing that she isn't going to give up her foot long subway sandwiches or "volume". But I also say good for her because life is too short to make food the enemy.

Keep up all the great work!
Old 04-17-2001, 08:41 PM   #23  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good evening everyone! It was a good day! I worked this afternoon after putting up the border in our bedroom. I finally settled on a comforter set. It is a navy and burgundy paisley print. I was able to find a border that matches very closely. I was also able to find a valance for the window. We found that stuffing pillow shams with useless pillows could be expensive since we had queen size pillows and now need kings (at least for the shams) but I was able to find a 2-pack of king pillows for just $9.99 at Penneys so I am ecstatic. I have to run out to another mall to pick them up tomorrow morning but that's ok for the price. Then finally, the room will be done!!

My food has been good. I am journalling again. It is the beginning of my 3rd week of journalling. What is it? I'm now half way to a habit? Journalling is the only way that I can lose, so journalling it is.

Terri: Congrats on another 2 pounds! Woohoo! And over a holiday as well. Good for you!

Gotta run. Paperwork to do. Love to all.

"Character consists of what you do on the third or fourth tries." - James Michener
Old 04-18-2001, 08:45 AM   #24  
Makin_it

Well, a bit of a late Happy Easter to everyone!

I've been busy at work and trying to get a quilt done for my girlfriend who we will be seeing this weekend and I'm getting a cold to boot. Oh well, grin and bear it I say.

Well its been a tough week for me, but the scales made me smile at last nights meeting.... DOWN 3 pound YEAH!

I'll be glad when the last bit of easter chocolate is gone, can't keep my fingers out of the bowl.

I don't have time to do individual posts but looks like everyone is doing well. Keep up the good work....

Talk to you all later.

Brenda
430/338/180 in 2002
Old 04-18-2001, 06:59 PM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello ladies! I have had a busy day. DH and I went to Flint today and did some shopping. I am sooo excited, I thought we were finished with the bedroom but the border and the comforter did not match identically so the curtains, that are on the wall very close to the border didn't go. We could get away with the comforter being a little off because it is far enough away from the ceiling. Anyway, long story short (too late!) I found some navy blue lace curtains and matching doilies for the night stands and dresser so it is all just going to look soooo nice. I can't wait to get my iron out (NOT!) and iron the dust ruffle, pillow shams, etc and put it all together.

Stopped to see dear sweet son while we were in Flint. He wasn't there, he was in class so we missed him. But DH did let me buy a bunch of the Boyd's Bears that I collect. There's a great store at the outlet mall there that's all Boyd's. I just love going there.

We also, now here's the confession girls, stopped at a notoriously generous restaurant there that serves a pound of bacon when you order breakfast or like a BLT! YUM! So needless to say, I did all my eating at lunch and will only be snacking on very low WW point foods this evening. I made the apple salad at 2:00 this morning so there's plenty of that in the fridge.

Brenda: Good job on the 3#!!! You go girl! 8 more pounds. You keep it up. I'm getting inspired!

Well girls, gotta go. My iron is calling me and I really need to make my son some dinner. Love to all.

"Plant the seeds of expectation in your mind; cultivate thoughts that anticipate achievement. Believe in yourself as being capable of overcoming all obstacles and weaknesses." - Norman Vincent Peale
Old 04-19-2001, 12:08 AM   #26  
Thin Within

Default GOOD EVENING Countdowners

Here I am ladies! A bit AWOL but came in to read and report my trip to WW - maintain. Yep that is it a maintain ~ I WANT TO LOSE Well I had better get with it then. But here is the history..... after 3 weeks of showing a loss my body usually throws in a pound or two as a gain ~ so to have a maintain is definitely a gift. I would dearly love to have one of those systems that drops 2 to 4 pounds each week. Anyone know where I could get one of those?

Maggie fixin' to cut some zzzzzzzz's in Tennessee
Old 04-19-2001, 10:23 AM   #27  

Good (sleepy) morning everyone. Still no help or improvements on the sleep front. I feel like I'm just existing, taking up space - a lot of space at that!! Three more freakin' weeks before the CPAP test. I'm beginning to think it should be the CRAP test. Loosing my patience with everyone and everything. Just grit my teeth and keep my mouth shut. I've always been living on a short fuse, but it has shortened quite a bit in the last few months.

thinthinker: I know exactly which mall you're talking about. The traffic around there is crazy on the weekends when I can get there, not so bad during the week though. I also know which restaurant serves the pound of bacon on a BLT. I think that you get a 1/2 gallon of ice cream for a sundae, but I've had their ice cream. I'd rather have 1/2 a cup of Breyers.

You ladies are so creative and busy with redecorating and quilting. I feel like I've done a lot if I make dinner and rest on the sofa the rest of the night. I feel like such a poop.

Last night was supposed to be a post-prom meeting. No one felt the need to call me to say that they either canceled or moved the meeting. There are only about 6 people working on it at this point. Then I found out that there was a high school orientation last night for those parents and kids entering high school next year (which my son will be doing). Well, geez, I didn't get THAT message either. DS said, "Well, I know they said something about tonight at 7, but I didn't know what it was for". I told him that if they don't say the word "Paintball" he won't listen. So, now I feel like an @$$ because I didn't go and "all" of the dedicated, caring parents were there. THEN, my counselor called last night to remind me of our 8 am appointment. I walked in this morning and the lady at the desk said that the couselor called in sick. Soooo, why didn't the office call ME. My next appointment is NEXT WEEK.

Sorry to dump this all on you. I needed to vent.

Looking for the rainbow (or the silver lining) I hear so much about,

2oM (Annie)
Old 04-19-2001, 02:59 PM   #28  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I'm doing well today. I made some veggie soup. This time I added some noodles. I'm not sure that I will 'waste' the points on noodles again. The soup seemed just as good without them. Guess I'd rather enjoy noodles in something else for the point value.

I got out the old iron today and moved the mattress off the bed and put the dust ruffle on. It is now all together. The only thing left to do is replace my lampshades, but I'll wait for them to go on sale at Meijers or K-marts before I do that.

I have my dinner planned out for a change so I think I will be in good shape for a great OP day! I found boneless sirloin pork chops on sale at the grocery so I picked some up and will make Sweet and Sour Pork.

Maggie: Sounds like you're doing real well. I don't trade in those maintains either. You always say they're a gift and honey, I believe you. There's always next week!

Annie: I don't know why I didn't realize you were from Michigan long before now. Whereabouts? You mentioned 'paintball'. My friend owns a paintball arena at 9 1/2 and Mound in Warren. Does your son play there at all??? You know it's always a 'small world'.

Well ladies, gotta run get some stuff done. I have to work all day tomorrow so today is supposed to be working at home.

"Some men have thousands of reasons why they cannot do what they want to, when all they need is one reason why they can." - Wilis R. Whitney
Old 04-19-2001, 04:53 PM   #29  

thinthinker: I know where 9 and 1/2 Mile and Mound Road is, but I'm from north of Lansing. Actually, I'm out in the middle of no where and about an hour from any "large" city (Lansing, Saginaw, or Flint). Isn't the weather a trip? I'd really miss it if I had to live in Arizona or someplace. Whenever there is a flood, drought, hurricane, or earthquake, I thank my lucky stars I live in Michigan.

2oM (Annie)
Old 04-20-2001, 11:35 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone! It seems like no one's around and it's not even the weekend yet. The warmer weather (everywhere else but here ) must be keeping everyone busy doing other things.

I got into the M & M's last nite and tonite. Now I'm really ticked at myself! I will have to do better.

I took DH to work with me today. I had a couple of retails to do and then lunch. I had a salad, but you know how that goes, those 'eat out' salads are always more points than the yucky ones you make at home!!

Just doing paperwork tomorrow and then we have a theatre to do tomorrow night. I'll have to have some cabbage soup so that I can have some popcorn at the show.

Annie: Our weather sure has been squirrelly lately. Warm one day, cold the next and then let's not forget the rain. But you're right that is Michigan for you and I sure wouldn't trade it for the earthquakes, floods or any off the other natural disasters that our friends across the country endure.

Well, gotta run. Time to catch some zzzzz's. Love to all.

Those who say it can't be done must get out of the way of those who are doing it. - old Chineese proverb
Closed Thread