Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2001, 11:43 AM   #1  

Question

Ladies,
I LOST ONE POUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you believe that? I guess with all the advice, something happened. But let me tell you what made sense for me this week:

1. I didn't get rid of the scale at home (husband purposes) but I hid it and did not get on it before weigh in. You don't need that kind of pressure.

2. I ate more fruits and vegetables. Salads with lite dressing were so filling and a piece of fruit in the morning was refreshing.

3. Improved on the exercise. i was working out 4-5 x a week but for 30 minutes. i was so used to my workouts, I wasn't working up a sweat and therefore I really wasn't working out. I decided to work out for an hour 2 of the 4 days. It really did give a push.

4. I mixed up my point days. Some days i ate on the low point range and others I ate on the high point range.

5. FINALLY, JOURNAL, JOURNAL, JOURNAL! EVEN WHEN i HAD A BITE OF SOMETHING, i WROTE IT DOWN.

And of course, the advice here. If you are stuck now is the time to get motivated. I know these last few pounds are going to be a pain to get rid of but if I fell off the bandwagon and gave in to my depression. the old patterns would come back.
Thanks for listening and for being there!

Fran
Old 04-08-2001, 11:51 AM   #2  
REC

Oh, Fran, that's WONDERFUL. I've been having a bad few weeks, but I'll pull thru like you. You're my inspiration!
Old 04-08-2001, 12:19 PM   #3  

Default Yippee!!

Hey Fran,

I am so happy for you, I was hoping you would see a loss at weigh in. I think sometimes our body just adjusts to what we are doing and you really have to shake it up and get it wondering again. Like Emeril says, kick it up a little.
Congratulations.

Brenda
Old 04-08-2001, 02:54 PM   #4  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Fran,
That pound weight loss is absolutely great! I'm so pleased for you. Look at how well you took care of yourself and all the thinking and planning you did. That's great.
Congrats.
Old 04-08-2001, 05:20 PM   #5  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default GrEaT jOb FrAn!!!

Congratulations on your loss! I love reading about all the succeses.

You are doing really well with your exercises. Good for you! Obviously it made a difference. I think getting rid of the scale (or hiding it) is a great idea!

Again, good job, and have a great week!

(hugs)
Angie
Old 04-08-2001, 07:49 PM   #6  
LM

Default GO FRAN GO!!

Congratulations on your pound loss. Just when you think the ol' bod won't do anything, it does. It pays to hang in there, doesn't it?!
Old 04-13-2001, 03:33 PM   #7  

Way to go, Fran!

I've taken a loooooong time to lose weight, but I celebrate every single 1, .5, .3, etc. lost each time when I weigh in.

Great work, and congrats!
Old 04-13-2001, 06:07 PM   #8  
si, si signora

Congrats Fran!

Are you a basset owner/lover? There seems to be an abundance of basseters on this
site.

I'm am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the easter basset at our house on Sunday. He leaves eggs in all sorts of interesting places.

lala
Old 04-14-2001, 02:18 AM   #9  

Forgive me for butting in, but when I saw the post asking about being a basset lover I had to respond. Two months ago I took in an elderly basset, sight unseen, from a woman who was going to guatemala, and while this dog is sweet as can be, he is the most rank smelling animal I've ever had the opportunity to sniff--and this is despite weekly baths, both at home and at the groomer. Plus he appears to be blind or nearly so, and although has free access to the outside (back slider is left open) he makes a point of coming into the house to pee. He is about 8 years old, and I really hoped to be able to keep him comfortable in his golden years, but to be honest my dh is pretty fed up and I'm feeling desperate. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. BTW the vet suggested washing his oily skin w/Dawn, and gave me eye drops for his chronic eye drainage, and his ears are ok. But no help w/the odor problem...
K
Old 04-16-2001, 11:43 AM   #10  
si, si signora

Default kajon!

check your pms.

lala
Closed Thread