Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 10:01 AM   #1  
It is what it is...

Default Low Point Breafast Ideas

Hi All - I have been doing WW off and on for about a year and a half now...have recently gotten really serious and taken off about 19 pounds ( am real motivated now ), however I am finding it really hard to find things low in points for breakfast ( 3 or under ) ... can you give me any ideas or tell me what you are eating for breakfast?
Thanks!
Old 02-24-2004, 10:28 AM   #2  

Carri- Congrats on getting serious about WW. Here are some breakfast ideas:

1/2 c Low Fat/Calorie Yogurt with 1 c Fruit- I use frozen blueberries or strawberries if I have them, today I am having some exotic canned fruit. Sometimes I add vanilla extract to the yogurt. This is 2 pts- 1 for yogurt, 1 for fruit. The frozen berries make it almost like ice cream!

1/3 c oatmeal cooked with 1 diced apple. Sprinkle cinnamon and sweetner on top. 3 pts.

1 egg scrambled with veggies and 2 pieces WW toast. 3 pts.

All Bran & Milk. Not for everyone, but filling and healthy! Pts depend on how much of each you have.

A banana is good if you are in a hurry! 2 pts.

It is good to have a breakfast that is high in fiber and has some sort of protein, to keep you full longer! I am interested to see other ideas!
Old 02-24-2004, 04:09 PM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Tara... Good ideas.

Another is an egg white omelet. 3 egg whites is 1 point. Add whatever else you want to make the other 2 points. I like mushrooms and lite ham. Sometimes I add a cheese slice, but if you want it under 3 points it would have to be low fat cheese.

If you are in a hurry, most of the flavored oatmeal packets are 2-3 points.

And sometimes when I am in a hurry I make a sandwich. Lite bread (2 slices for 1 point) and ham. Sometimes I add a cheese slice.

French toast made with Lite bread and egg beaters is low points also. As long as you don't overdo the syrup!
Old 02-24-2004, 10:14 PM   #4  

Mix two large tablespoons of plain canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) with two large tablespoons of Fat Free Cool Whip. Add some pumpkin pie spice (in the spice section, duh) and a packet of Equal and mix. You can even bring this to work, Cool Whip never deflates.

Since pumpkin is free, the only points are whatever your Cool Whip is (I personally count the whole container and use it towards my Flex Points -- 14 for the full fat version for an 8-oz container). Very filling and since it's not a million carbs (cereal kills me), you're not hungry right away.

You can also add 1 Tbs. chopped walnuts and/or half a diced banana.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:53 PM   #5  

Kashi cereal is a good low point breakfast - very high in fiber (so high, that in the old days of the program it was 0 points! - Now they count it as 1. 1 cup of puffed wheat is also 1 point - I add in fruit and it tastes a lot better and gives you some fruit in the morning as well!

Lately I've been doing the prepackaged oatmeal, since it's convenient. And I've found that the store brands are less points than the name brands as well!
Old 02-25-2004, 11:33 AM   #6  
It is what it is...

Thanks for all of your suggestions, you brought up some things that I hadnt thought about....anybody else??
Old 02-25-2004, 01:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Toasted whole wheat English Muffin - 2 Pts & something for 1 Pt on top
Like cheese, jam, or tomatoe & some bacon.

WW bread (2 pcs for 1 Pt) & egg salad (1 egg & 1 egg white = 2 Pts) with a little mayo.

Sometimes I have fruit & cheese. Also eat cereal dry.

Hope this helps
Old 02-26-2004, 04:49 AM   #8  

Well it's 4pts (although i think other flavors are less) But I'm not much of a big breakfast type person. I have to make myself eat breakfast so I bought some Nature Valley 100% Granola bars (i like Apple Crisp) It's great on the onthe go days.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:44 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

Good ideas! Here's a couple more. One graham cracker with 1/2 Tablespoon of peanut butter gives you some protein, or try wrapping the scrambled eggs (egg beaters) and salsa in a flour tortilla. These are my 2 favorites.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:55 PM   #10  

I also thought of another one .. man it shows how lazy I am. But I hate making breakfast so i'm always looking for something easy easy easy. I always eat Lean Pockets Breakfast pockets. It's 6pts for 2 pockets (which is one serving) but I eat only 1 of them which always seemed plenty to me.

April
Old 02-26-2004, 05:19 PM   #11  

April- What kind do they have? Are those the eggs ones?
Old 02-26-2004, 08:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Sara Lee mini bagel, one wedge of Laughing Cow Light and 6 slices of Hillshire Farms deli ham = 3 pts.

La Tortilla, 1 egg and 1 egg white scrambled, salsa = 3 pts. Crumble a veggie sausage patty when cooking the eggs = 4 pts.

Three Golden Brand Cheese Blintzes and some fruit spread on top = 4 pts.

1 cup Fiber One, 1/2 banana, and .75 oz. raisins, 1/2 c. milk = 4 pts.

Trader Joe's Crumpet with 1 Tbl. peanut butter = 3 pts.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:05 PM   #13  

The Breakfast lean pocket I eat is Bacon, Egg and Cheese. They also have sausage, egg and cheese.. not sure if they have any more.

I'm hooked on lean pockets since they are so easy. Sometimes I'll eat one for dinner if I don't know what to make. I eat lean pocket pepperonni for those (5pts)

April
Old 02-27-2004, 09:50 AM   #14  

Another fairly quick and really low is Mock French Toast (1 point):

3 egg whites
1/4 t. vanilla
1/8 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. sweetner (I use Splenda)

Beat all ingredients together and pour in non-stick or sprayed pan. When firm, flip like a pancake. Top with a little sugar free syrup.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Today I had WW bread toasted with peanut butter = 3 Pts. and an orange = 1 Pt
and coffee (I count 1 Pt for my daily coffees). Total = 5 Pts
Closed Thread