Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2001, 03:32 AM   #1  
Cowboy Up Chick

Ok someone please tell me where I can buy adult shoes not these clippy clomper platform 9which were in style when I was in high school and I hated them then and dispise them now) and wide heel shoes. I want some basic black, brown and blue flats, some average thin heel pumps in the same colors. Arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!

Frustration setting in...now where is that twinkie!
Old 02-10-2001, 03:35 AM   #2  
Wolfangel

Hmmm..can't help you, I wear Doc Martin's and Gym Shoes mostly. HATE "dressing up".

One would think you would be shopping for COWGIRL boots..not girlie pumps & flats!

------------------
Starting Weight = FLUFFY Current Weight = LESS FLUFFY Goal Weight = DE-FLUFFED

Old 02-10-2001, 03:40 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

:P I love my jeans and boots but at work I must be "professional." I have a pair of 5" spiked heels that I wore for a costume think that would go?
Old 02-10-2001, 03:43 AM   #4  
REC

Massey's has a great catalogue and customer service. Great selection and a wide range of sizes (I'm a 10 1/2 and it's about the only place I can get shoes.) They sell better shoes (Selby, Natralizer), in the $40-100 range for most of them. More of the classic (but not boring) styles, hardly any trendy styles. 1-800-462-7739.

[This message has been edited by REC (edited 02-09-2001).]
Old 02-10-2001, 03:48 AM   #5  
Wolfangel

I'd wear the 5" spiked heels!

Seriously, I've found that Nordstrom's has a good selection. Look them up on the net and you can shop. They are know for their shoe department.

I got my Doc Martin's from there, order went securely on line, got them on time and I'd say great Customer Service!

Check them out and good luck!

------------------
Starting Weight = FLUFFY Current Weight = LESS FLUFFY Goal Weight = DE-FLUFFED

Old 02-10-2001, 04:16 AM   #6  
Number 1 Hockey Fan

I don't know if you friends down south of the border have a Pay Less Shoes or not but they carry the low/flat heel shoes in basic colours. I don't wear those clunky, thick soled shoes either. If you have a Pay Less check it out. Good selection of shoes for cheap prices. Also try Wal-mart. I get some of my basic shoes from there, also.

Garbanzo
Old 02-10-2001, 04:18 AM   #7  

Both the Lands End catalog and the Chadwick's catalog carry some "sensible" shoes. Also, if you have a Kohl's near you, or a DSW, look for Mootsie's Tootsies or Aerosoles. They both make nice flats and Mootsie's Tootsies makes some nice go-to-work shoes with an inch or two of stacked heel as well. If you find a style that fits in a major manufacturer's line, you can buy confidently online.
Old 02-10-2001, 05:59 AM   #8  

I also like Talbot's and Easy Spirit which now owns Nine West so you may find some classic styles there as well ? I know exactly what you mean about these shoes that are straight from the 60s or 70s ! Actually... I wish I still looked like I did back then ! Denise in Va.
Old 02-10-2001, 06:29 AM   #9  
Teacher Lady

I've had good luck with Payless. I am a teacher and have to wear sensible shoes....

------------------
Kelly
Old 02-10-2001, 06:55 AM   #10  

I second the Nordstrom suggestion! The Scottsdale store has a shoe department bigger than you can possibly imagine...and, the salespeople are wonderful. You can actually have your own personal shoe shopper assist you! Between the huge selection, and having a personal shopper, what more could you ask for???
Old 02-10-2001, 10:35 AM   #11  
Is is spring yet??

I have a hard time buying shoes too - since I have plantar fasciatis - its near impossible! So I wear my sneakers all the time! (that will change soon - I need custom orthotics - but that is a whole other thread!!)

Anyway I would advise against Payless Shoe Store!! That place has the WORST shoes. They have no support, are cheaply made (cheap prices too) and are just AWFUL!! The last pair of shoes I bought was at Payless and 2 months later I had the WORST foot pain in my life! (the start of my PF). I boycott that store - I think a small percentage of people can shop there with no problems - but I have talked to many people who say the shoes they get there hurt their feet soon thereafter. I am not surprised either.

Just my 2 cents. I say buy better shoes, spend the money, your feet will thank you for it too! I learned the HARD WAY! If your feet hurt - everything hurts!

Tara

------------------
[email protected]

Failure is not falling down, failure is staying down!
Old 02-10-2001, 06:52 PM   #12  

Kelly,

I've found that the most comfortable pair of shoes and the most attractive are from JC Penny's The 9 to 5 collection. My favorites are the sling backs . This is a shoe you can wear all day and then some . The heel size is a nice 2 inch and I think the price is right at $30.
Old 02-10-2001, 07:48 PM   #13  

Just my two cents....I also have a hard time buying shoes. I have dropped foot on the left side so I need to have shoes that have no heel and either laces or straps like mary jane types. I love pumps for business wear but just fall right out of them.

about the only place I can find a shoe that fits all the criteria is Payless. But of course since the shoes are now well made they wear out after two months...and the cycle starts over again..sigh
Old 02-10-2001, 10:36 PM   #14  
Cowboy Up Chick

Thanks for all the replies. I've tried Payless and they don't even carry at the stores any flats but I might try their website. I actually like Payless and usually have no problem with anything I buy there. K-Mart and Wal-Mart both don't have anything. Since I am so hard on shoes (even paid $80 for a nice pair of pumps once that only lasted a couple months) that I don't like spending alot on them.
Old 02-10-2001, 10:46 PM   #15  

Hi Kelly
J.C. Penney has a nice collection of shoes and so does Lane Bryant. I sometimes buy shoes at Payless, but am not that crazy about them.
Closed Thread