Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2001, 11:26 PM   #1  

Angry

I have just started week one (rejoined for the zillionth time) and am commited to reaching the goal of 10% of my weight to be lost by July 1st. In my case, that means I need to lose 1.5 pounds per week.

I am 31 years old, engaged to be married and work full time as a Marketing Manager.

I know what it takes to lose the weight, despite not having had any past success. I am committed to doing this once and for all, and for all the right reasons! I am putting my faith in the WW program and my desire to succeed.

I welcome anyone who wants to post/vent ... I tend to post every second day or so...

204.5/202/ goal #1: 180/goal #2: 160
Old 03-28-2001, 07:22 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Frosty... welcome aboard, congradulations on you wedding and choosing to make a lifetime change with WW. My only comment woould be to not focus on the 1.5 per week, but to makeing changes that will last you a lifetime...

Many people who lose weight for a specific event never keep the weight off. PLEASE do this for you because you want to be healthy and you are worth it... not just to have you wedding dress fit better.

Good luck and eat well,
-L
Old 03-28-2001, 03:32 PM   #3  
imaleader

Default Ambitious Goal

Dear Frosty: I agree w/ the suggestions posted by L144S. I'm a WeightWatchers leader -- and don't ever suggest to anyone that they can lose a certain amount over a certain time. In fact, it's the single most popular question at every Getting Started Session (how much weight will I lose the first week? How much can I lose in a month: How long will it take me to lose 20 lbs.) I tell everyone the same thing: Losing weight is an incredibly individual process. It depends on many factors including your age, height (!), metabolism, how much you have to lose, how long you've had to lose it, and how rigid you are about keeping to program. One of the great things about this is we encourage you to lose it at a pace that will most likely HELP YOU KEEP IT OFF because we don't restrict any foods, and don't make you eat anything you don't want. However, your own "tools" and resources will guide you. The more "restrictive" you are to yourself, the more likely you are to lose interest because you want to make this work inside your current lifestyle. We all want the fat to be gone in the morning -- as if the WW Fairy will come by and just suck it all out of us. This is not the case. Don't set yourself up for disappointment by putting a timer on your success. Take it one small step at a time; and the weight loss will follow. Good luck. We are all in the same boat... Every day i think about the 55 pounds I've lost and every day I want to eat the way I used to and every day i thank the powers that be that I don't ENTITLE myself to indulgences that will "kill" my success... Be well, and look to these great pages of encouragement from all these folks who are going through it with you. Be well. RouenMom

Old 03-28-2001, 08:07 PM   #4  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Frosty,
Best wishes on your upcoming marriage. Good luck on reaching your goals. This is a great forum for advice and support and it's good to know that you'll be posting here.
Let's do this!
Old 03-29-2001, 09:55 PM   #5  

Default Thanks

Thanks to all of you who replied. I appreciate your well thought out advice and will take it to heart.
I know this process is not an easy one, and will have to think a little bit more about my goals...
Closed Thread