Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 02:49 PM   #1  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Smile Valentines day challenge

Well guys....
I guess we lost the old thread so I figured I would start a new one...couldnt quite remember who started the last one but if you want to restart another, I will join in anywhere it goes Hope everyone has had a good day and know that anything worth having is worth fighting for
Old 01-07-2004, 09:40 PM   #2  

Default I'm Still Here Too!

Hey, Christian, glad you started us over!
How is your week going so far?
Mine has been good- OP for 3 days in a row, with at least 10km of walking each one. This is VERY good for me, considering I have had difficulty sticking to the plan this time around! I am counting down the days until my job here is done- then I can rejoin my WW meeting and the gym- not to mention move myself and dd home to dh!
Old 01-08-2004, 03:09 PM   #3  
Losing on the Beach

Hey Tara!
Glad your here
And glad to see you are OP as well I too have been OP since last Saturday and am loving it!! I feel so overjoyed that not one ounce of sugar has entered my mouth, as I am addicted to it
I think all women are Hope others find there way back to the thread as well....and keep up the great work
Old 01-09-2004, 10:51 PM   #4  

Glad to see we are up and running again!!!! Let's see if I can remember.....I was going to lose 20 lbs by VD....after a 15 lb gain over the holidays.....let's just say I enjoyed myself! I weigh in on Friday mornings so I did today and Iwas down 5 lbs already but not surprised because the initial lose will just be the water weight and crap from the holidays, it will be slower now!

I also was going to go to the Y or exercise 4 days a week. I run my weeks from Friday to Thursday....so I only got in 2 days this week, but I plan on going this weekend, so I will start a new count this weekend.

So there you go..... I am on my way again!!!!
Old 01-10-2004, 09:49 AM   #5  
Losing on the Beach

Glad to see you found us lily
Looks like you and I have a lot in common...I cant make up my mind between low carb and WW either I get tired of one and seem to migrate to another Right now I am on the South Beach Diet and WW so Here is to our reaching our goals no matter how we get it done! So far today has been a great day food wise I am up cooking already for the daily meals and preparing for the TOM cravings that have been just flat HORRIBLE this month, Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 12:33 PM   #6  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Guys,
I'm here too. Am doing WW's and counting all my points. Eating has been a little heavier than I am aiming for, but I am exercising better than I had been. I knocked off 17# in 2003, and am hoping to knock off another 40# this year. In the short run, I am hoping to knock off 6# from Jan.1- Feb.14th. I know I can do it.
Good luck to us all.
Judy
Old 01-11-2004, 04:22 PM   #7  

Hey all, glad to see we are coming together again!
I am also doing a combo program- trying to combine WW with general healthy lifestyle, so that once I reach goal again I can stay there with less difficulty! I really don't want to count pts forever!
I am trying to count pts during the week and just eat healthy on the weekend. It hasn't been too bad this weekend, since dd passed the flu on to me! Oh well, maybe it will give me some much needed extra help.
My V-Day goals were: to lose the 11lbs I gained over Christmas. This will take me from 176 down to 165.
Have a good weekend!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:36 AM   #8  

Alright My goals... I had gained a couple pounds over the Holidays so I am starting January at 183...

1.) Exercise 5 days a week at least 30 minutes, 3 days a week 1 hour.
2.) NO CANDY!!! Eat more salads and watch the fat!!
3.) Lose 15-20lbs...12 of the 183 is newly gained weight (the last 3months) so should be easier to take off!!!

Weight in...
1/2- 183
1/9- 181
1/16-
1/23-
1/30-
2/6-
2/13-
Old 01-12-2004, 12:55 PM   #9  
si, si signora

I'm on and in. How about 7# for lala? I have no idea how much I gained while travelling, but my skirts say 3, so if I get rid of 3# of fluff, then that'll be only one lb a week.

I have a trip to London next week (urgh) and then a couple of short hops and then I'm good until my Valentine's day with my girlfriends in London. They are all doing WW or some sort of exercise thing, so it'll be fun to see how well we look.

lala
Old 01-12-2004, 03:47 PM   #10  
Losing on the Beach

Way to go on the goals ladies
My goal is to lose 5 pounds
eat lower carb
exercise 4 days a week
Old 01-12-2004, 11:57 PM   #11  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Hi all
Sorry I was absent, was away for a super long weekend.
Well, good to see that you're all so ambitious. My goal was to lose 11 pounds and I have already lost 2. I have 9 more to go before Valentine's Day. If I keep it up I should make it. I'm exercising daily, and eating within my points. I don't use my flexpoints or activity points. So hopefully it will come off a bit faster, or should one use those points?
Have a good evening all.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:48 AM   #12  
Losing on the Beach

Hey Diana!!!
Missed you girl!!
I would leave it up to you on the flexpoints, but be sure to eat enough, if you dont eat enough it can do more harm than good. But since you are eating all your points that shouldnt be a problem

Well guys I was weighed and measured at Curves and lost inches all over and 2 pounds...so I am VERY excited I know we can reach the goals we have set.
So keep up the great work ladies
Old 01-13-2004, 12:44 PM   #13  
Still Hanging Around:)

I'm in on the challenge, even though I'm very new here on the WW boards I'm going to say my mini goal for V-Day is 6 pounds lost, which will be 1.5/week. I want to start with attainable goals so that I can have some success in the beginning! LOL! If I could lose 1.5lbs/week for 52 weeks.... Wow, I can't even begin to tell you how I'd feel! It would be absolutely incredible!!! Obviously that wouldn't allow stumbles along the way, so I want to keep going with mini-goals I think one of my hardest things will be making sure that I eat ENOUGH of the right things, and really journaling well....

What are the WW recommendations for Diet Coke?? That is my vice...
Old 01-13-2004, 12:59 PM   #14  

Alright the goals are still on mark, Yesterday I stumbled and had 5 Nestle Caramel Treasures, but after that I am alright, I exercised hard last night for 45 minutes and could have fallen over at the end, but it felt great!! I brought all my snacks for the day as well as breakfast with me to work today in individually measured out containers so I can't have "just one more". I also bought side salads for the week at McDonald's yesterday...then they are there and I don't have to go anywhere that will tempt me!

Last night I made the Pop Cake, with dt. sierra mist...it was fabulous, even the husband loved it!! So this is it, I have a bikini in mind at Target that I would love to buy and wear at the end of Feb. I may buy it a couple sizes smaller and hang it in the bedroom to look at for my goal??? :-)

Anyways, great motivation here, and I need all the help I can get with that!!!
Old 01-13-2004, 03:36 PM   #15  

I'll join in this one. I'd like to break 200 by V-day. Can't tell you quite where I am now, but I think it's about ten pounds from that....Weigh in isn't till Friday. LOL
Closed Thread