Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2001, 02:22 PM   #1  

Unhappy

I have been on WW for about a month now, losing 3.5 pounds. I have noticed in the last few weeks I have a headache every day and I am wondering if there is a correlation. I am really not hungry (starving) although I have very much cut down on what I have eaten. I know before when I didn't eat enough I think I would get headaches but I do feel like I am getting enough food.

I even got off the computer for a week or so to see if that was it but it wasn't. Does any one have any thoughts? I drink a half of a cup of coffee on the weekends and none during the week, surely that wouldn't qualify me for caffeine withdrawl would it?! I don't drink pop or tea, not much caffeine for me.

They can range from so painful that I have to lie down to just dull. I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on the subject because these are hard to live with.
Old 03-23-2001, 02:58 PM   #2  

Unhappy

I suffer from occasional migraines. There are many triggers to cause headaches, but I wondered if you are getting enough protein? Eating more of that will help you to feel full longer, too.

Just a thought. I wish you the best and hope you find relief soon. My doctor prescribed "Caffergot" for me to take when a migraine starts coming on. They really help!

Good luck!
Old 03-23-2001, 03:20 PM   #3  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

I was getting headaches (migraines) all the time. I was even on meds for migraines. Then I happened to see an article in a mag. that connected nutrasweet with migraines. I stopped eating anything with nutra sweet in it and my migraines all but dissappeared. I think that some people may be sensitive to it while others it doesn't bother at all. My sister drinks it all the time and never has had any problems with it. In fact most people I know it doesn't seem to bother but I can't eat it. Food for thought. No pun intended. .....Sis
Old 03-27-2001, 08:53 PM   #4  

If those headaches are something new for you and the pain is that intense, you should really see a doctor.
Especially since you aren't having caffiene withdrawal.
Does anything relieve the pain? If they continue, I would say, get thee to a doctor.

Anita, RN
Old 03-28-2001, 10:00 AM   #5  

No, nothing relieves the pain. I am wondering if it isn't a sinus headache/infection, although I have no other symptoms. I did finally make a dr. appt--I just can't take it 24/7!
Old 03-28-2001, 01:51 PM   #6  
Senior Tortoise

Glad you made an appointment with your doctor.

This time of year, I also get headaches -- from allergies. Here's hoping yours go away soon!

--Lauren
Closed Thread