Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2001, 08:09 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs down

Good morning Lifers, Soon-to-Be Lifers, and everyone else lurking out there

Hope everyone had a good weekend. We had our traditional St. Pat's Day snowstorm here...we're slowly closing in on the snowiest winter for the season since 1977-78. We're up to 133.8" of snow so far this year. The first snow fell on October 7th and it's been pretty much constant since then. Can I say I am SO ready for Spring???

The weekend went pretty well eating-wise although they are still a struggle because I'm not on a real schedule. This is something I really have to work on in order to stay on track.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-19-2001, 10:10 AM   #2  

Good morning Melissa, and everyone else!

Not much happened this weekend, went out for dinner with friends Sat. night, but that was about it.

Not happy with myself in the last few weeks, not journalling or exercising much.

But, I am getting back on the wagon today!!! I am journalling again, and will not falter!!!

I hope everyone has a great day! DH and I put in a bid on 32 acres of land to build our dream home, and the bid was accepted on Friday, so hopefully in a month or so when all of the paperwork is finished we will be happy land owners!!

I will try to check back later, better start working!

Later!
Old 03-19-2001, 12:20 PM   #3  

Good morning Melissa, TonyaLyn and everyone else. I'm happy to report that it has not snowed here in ages - almost five days! Unless St. Patty hits this week, we seemed to have escaped that one at least.

Had another bad weekend as far as healthy eating is concerned. We were visiting friends and family so the menu was pretty much out of our control. Of course, that doesn't explain why I was into the potato chips when we arrived home last nite. I think it's just a weekend thing.

I have five days until weigh-in and six to the start of vacation. I have resolved to behave myself this week (at least until after Saturday morning when I face the WW scales). I hope I can still remember how to stay on program. Also, I intend to go for my first outside run in months later on today. It is very windy, so I am setting my sights low (20-25 minutes). It will be enough to cope with wind and hilly terrain after running on a treadmill all winter. Wish me luck!

Not much else new. Gotta get back to work. Hope everyone has a fine week
Old 03-19-2001, 12:29 PM   #4  
Ready to Offer Support!

Good morning, Melissa, Tonya, and everybody else!

Melissa - I hope you get some Spring weather soon. I lived in Ohio during the blizzard of '78, and I remember how difficult it was to deal with all that snow (tho we rather liked not going to school at all for the month of January!)

Tonya - good luck with the land purchase. 32 acres - wow!! It sounds fabo.

The weekend went pretty well for me. Eating was under control (tho I didn't really track points) but didn't get much exercise in. DD had a soccer game at 8:30 am on Saturday (waaaay too early for a weekend) so I missed my favorite Sat. morning aerobics class.

My parents came to visit, but it was too cold and rainy to get out and do the window-shopping my Mom and I had planned. We all had fun just sitting around and visiting.

Hope you all have a good week. I am trying to defeat hormones and have a good week despite the pathetically grouchy mood I'm in. Wish me luck...
Old 03-19-2001, 02:32 PM   #5  
Ready to Offer Support!

AArghh! I am not winning this battle with pre-TOM bad mood and munchies. It's only 1:30, and I have eaten way too many points, am in a bad mood, the weather is gloomy, and ... well, I guess that is all I have to complain about. On a positive note, I am trying a new WW recipe tonight, and the kids are back in school (last week was Spring Break) so we can hopefully get back into a routine this week.

Remington (DH) and I had a nice, cuddly weekend and he is still in a very good mood so he has promised to give me a soothing backrub this evening to ease my bad mood.

I am finding I have just completely lost motivation to track points, tho I am doing very very well on exercise. So, I am definitely going to go to a meeting this week in an effort to recapture some motivation. I am also going to try to do my Tae Bo tape again this week - it really is a pretty fun workout. I can see why so many posters on this site say it is their favorite type of exercise.

Will quit rambling for now and go get some work done. Later!

P.S. - how do you pull up the smilies legend on this new site? Can't find it any more.
Old 03-19-2001, 02:48 PM   #6  

Austingal: I can sympathize with you--some months are worse than others for me when it comes to the munchies. The weather doesn't help any either for me. Try to refocus--think warm thoughts or think of something that brings a smile, that usually helps me. I had a period of time where I was really struggling with keeping track of my points and keeping my journal, part of it was due to a winter slump I think. I find when I'm struggling the meetings really help to dig me out of my slump. You'll have to let us know how the new recipe turnes out. I made the Saucy Chicken and my family really enjoyed it.

For the smilies legend go to help at the top of the page--that's where I found them.

Hope your day gets better....remember take the hit and move on things will look up
Old 03-20-2001, 09:19 AM   #7  
Ready to Offer Support!

Happy Spring!!!!

Melissa - thanks for the supportive words. They made me smile.

Well, today is another day, and I will take the hit and move on as you say. The sun is shining (it will be around 70 degrees today). The sunshine will automatically make it a better day! I am determined to track points today - I am going to go join katie on the on-line journal as soon as I post this. Like Tonya, I am going to adopt a confident attitude about journaling and "I will not falter!"

I'm glad the weather is going to be nice today - DD (7 years) has soccer practice this afternoon.

The recipe I made last night was a big hit - It was the African Peanut Stew I found on this site a few months ago. Yummy! I brought some leftovers for lunch. It is really delicious.

I am going to babysit two other children besides my own tonight, so I decided to try another new recipe. It looked pretty kid-friendly so I made it last night and it turned out really yummy. It is the "Crock Pot Lasagne" recipe I found on this site recently. DH has a problem with me leaving an electric device on at the house all day, so he has put a moratorium on crockpot cooking. (I know, but no amount of arguing will convince that it is safe, even though the things are designed to standards that make it safe to have them on all day). So, I threw all the ingredients in a pot last night after supper and let it simmer while I did the rest of my evening routine. It turned out like a kind of lasagne stew. I'm sure all the kids will love it.

When I got on this site this morning, I chose the "read new posts" option and happened upon a thread of women describing (in a very loving, supportive way) the losses they had suffered in their lives (miscarriages, young sister, young grandchild). It made me realize how very blessed my life is, and made me ashamed of all my grousing yesterday. Life is good!!

Have a great day, all.
Old 03-20-2001, 09:49 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies!!

AustinGal ~ Good point! There are many people going thru some terrible things, and when I find myself whinning and complaining about little things I try to thing of that. I have my family and my health, what more can I ask for??

Melissa ~ Good words of advice, I need to remember that. I completely agree that "winter slump" makes it hard day after day to keep up all of this work, especially when we barely get outside for anyone to see all of our hard work pay off. But, just wait til shorts weather, everyone will be envious!!

Seasaw ~ Stay OP this week! You can do it!!

Well, as for me, I stayed OP yesterday, walked 3-4 miles and worked out at the gym last night. I also drank my 80 oz. of water yesterday. I am proud of myself. Now, I need to do it again today!!

Well, work calls, check in later!!!

(A big "Hi" to everyone that hasn't posted yet!!!)
Old 03-20-2001, 01:23 PM   #9  

It's a balmy 52 here today and nice & sunny! I went out walking at noon and you can see the trees are beginning to bud and the birds are really singing up a storm. There's a winter storm though knocking at our door for over the weekend...ugh! I'm going to enjoy the balmy weather while I can though. Happy 1st Day of Spring!!!

Austingal: Hope your day is better than yesterday!

Tonya: I was talking with my friend from work and we were lamenting on the fact that even though we tend to go up and down a little in our journey we know that we can nip things in the bud. It made me stop and think how good I feel since I've lost my weight and how I'm able to maintain, even though there are times when I feel that I'm somewhat out of control I know that I can turn myself around.

Hope everyone is enjoying Spring-like weather in their neck of the woods
Old 03-21-2001, 09:44 AM   #10  
Ready to Offer Support!

Good Morning, all!

Well, the start of Spring is a time for fresh beginnings, so I am gonna get my slightly larger rear end to a meeting today and get started on the new plan.

I think I am probably up 2 lbs or so from my last official weigh-in on Nov. 17. However, I probably lost and then re-gained about 4 lbs since then. Sigh! [mantra] {{This is for life, this is for health, today is a new day, take the hit and move on!! }}

Warm thoughts and prayers going out to Karen Sue.

Have a great day, everybody!!!
Old 03-21-2001, 04:45 PM   #11  
Ready to Offer Support!

Default Well, I have faced the bad news!

I went to my first weigh-in in months. It was good for several reasons. First, it was a reality check on the weight that has slowly been creeping back on. I have gained 8 lbs since my last weigh-in! I can't believe it, except that I have been eating with wild abandon lately so I know that I deserve it.

The second good thing about going back to meetings is that it makes you re-evaluate old habits. For instance, I have been using certain products and counting them a certain way, but come to find out that they are more points than I thought. I just haven't checked the points-finder in so long that I didn't realize that the points values I have been keeping in my head are not all correct!

So, I am approaching the food choices/portion control part of weight loss with new vigor! I am OP for the day so far, and hope to stay that way. I will work out at the gym tomorrow morning.

I must get back on the program - I will welcome any and all supportive words. EIGHT pounds!!???!!@@##$ How could I let that happen?

P.S. - where is everybody, [echo]where is everybody, [lighter echo] where is everybody?

Last edited by AustinGal; 03-21-2001 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-22-2001, 08:49 AM   #12  

Austingal: You took the first step and you know you can get the 8# off It's so easy for the weight creep back on. That's one of the reasons that I've continued to attend weekly meetings. I'm the type of person that if I don't hold myself accountable and attend the meetings I know that weight would creep back on. Remember to take things in small steps because you don't want to go on "overload" and get upset because you can't stay 100% OP. You can do it!!

I don't know where everyone is--it's been really quiet here on the boards.

I went to my meeting yesterday and was pleasantly surprised--lost 1# which brought me just below my goal weight. I really want to get a couple of pounds under my WW goal before I leave for Florida on April 18th. I'd like to have some play room, not that I'm going to go over board, I'd just like to have a little cushion. We usually do a lot of walking and I don't generally snack when I'm away from home so that should help.

Hope everyone is doing well. It's sunny here today so I'm planning on heading out at noon and getting my daily walk in. I love it when I can get outside over the lunch hour and walk. Can't wait till the nice weather is here to stay.
Old 03-22-2001, 09:49 AM   #13  

Good morning Melissa and everyone else!

The weather is cooperating here too. It is 50 degrees here and I am planning on walking again over my lunch break too. I can usually walk 2 miles in 1/2 hr.

Melissa ~ Congrats on the loss, you are doing a terrific job!!!

AustinGal ~ Don't worry about the gain, I know you can get the weight off!!

Well, we have an open house in our dept. today, so there will be lots of food around, but I am not going to eat it!! I have to clean my office so that no one thinks I am a slob! I have managed to stay OP this week, and workout everyday, hopefully I will have a loss on Sat.

Well, work calls, I will check in later.....
Old 03-22-2001, 04:18 PM   #14  
Ready to Offer Support!

wow, it's sooooo quiet in here.

Have been OP today - I like journaling by starting my day with dinner. It works out quite nicely. Had a great swim workout today, so it seems that I am back on track (for one day, at least!) I have even been drinking all my water!

Weather here is actually feeling a little too warm - it is about 78 degrees outside. Whew! I wonder how hot it will be here in Texas in a month or so. Probably very, very warm. We are going to take a trip to Lake Tahoe in late May - I'm sure we'll already be ready for the cooler mountain climate by then!

Gotta run - work calls! Tootles!
Old 03-22-2001, 07:53 PM   #15  

Hello to all -
Sorry I've been missing in action lately - I was out of town all last week & then Monday I had to report for jury duty - ended up wasting an entire day at the courthouse & didn't get called to be on a jury. So, I may have to report again on Monday.

My weight is up several pounds due to being out of town & on vacation before that. I knew that would probably be the case, so I didn't get too crazy about it & just got back in the groove when I got home. Luckily the hotel I stayed at last week had great exercise facilities - I used an elliptical trainer- I really liked it. Anyone else ever tried one?

AustinGal - you mentioned some time ago Remington (DH) saw some old pictures of when he was slimmer & wanted to lose some weight - how's that going for him? BTW, good for you getting back to a meeting & nipping that gain in the bud!

Melissa - we hit 52 degrees today - first time in the 50's for us - the whole week has been nice. It's supposed to cool off Friday, Sat & Sunday - maybe some snow on Friday....

Tonya - congrats on your land purchase. I am assuming it's near where you live now.

Later,
Katie
Closed Thread