Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2001, 11:19 AM   #16  
Ready to Offer Support!

Good Morning!

The weather here in Austin has been summer-like the past two days, but we are in for some showers today.

Well, I've been back on program for about a day-and-a-half now and I'm not doing half bad. Went a little over on points last night (had to sample the brownies I baked for school!) but overall for the week I still think I'll come out OK. I really like starting the journal day at the evening meal. I keep track of points both ways, but I like the mental game of having the whole next morning to cut back and make up for evening-time point overages. It kinda eliminates that evening binge mentality (at least it has so far!)

This morning's workout was really good. I am trying to work my way up to jogging an entire 3 miles w/o stopping. I'm only up to 1.1 miles so far. I am hoping to compete in a mini-triathlon in June or so. Biggest problem is that I don't own a bike. If I don't buy one soon, I guess I won't participate in the triathlon. Either way, the triathlon goal makes for a good exercise motivation. I can swim the 1/2-mile, and I'm working on the run. So far, I've just been doing the stationary bike at the gym to prepare for the bike part. It has always been my dream to participate in a triathlon. I want to do it before I turn 40.

katie - Remington did well for a few days (he followed points to a "T") and lost a few lbs. But, then we got caught up in our house purchase and moving last month, and he focused on other things. He hasn't lost much since then. He still has about 7 lbs to lose. Since I have re-focused on WW, he'll probably start to lose again b/c I'll start cooking low-point meals at home. Thanks for remembering, and asking about, his efforts.

Well, thanks for all the encouraging words, ladies, as I begin my journey of shedding those extra 8 lbs that have crept on lately. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

For all those lurkers out there (since hardly anybody is posting these days)... Have an AWESOME weekend!!!
Old 03-23-2001, 11:36 AM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

The weather here today is sunny again and so I'm heading out over the lunch hour to walk. I can't wait! The downside of the weather picture is that they are calling for a Lake Effect Snowstorm on Sunday! Geesh! I am so ready for Spring!

Austingal: Sounds like you're right back on track! Keep up the good work! I haven't tried beginning my journal with the evening meal...I may just have to give it a shot. So far I've been able to do pretty well with staying where I need to be with the exception of taking a couple of detours every now and then.

Katie: Sounds like our weekend weather is going to be about the same.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 03-23-2001, 01:21 PM   #18  

Well hello everyone. I haven't had an extra moment all week. Trying to get caught up and a little ahead on things before I head off to the D.R. on Sunday. I am really ready for this vacation!

Have had a horrid week as far as healthy eating and exercise are concerned. I decided that I would get back to running outside this week. Not only did I not do that (high winds, rain, etc.), I also didn't run inside. Coupled with an out-fo-control appetite for high-calorie foods, well, it hasn't been pretty. And I have weigh-in tomorrow morning. I considered not going, but only for an instant. If I am up, it will at least only be a week's worth., and I will have the gain fresh in my mind as I cast my eyes upon the luscious buffet meal at the resort. Oh yes, I need this weigh-in badly.

AustinGal and katie: I know you will get those extra lbs off in a hurry. Moving is one of the biggies on life's stress chart. Travel is another, cause things are often out of your control. (Oh boy, am I in big trouble..)

Melissa: You are a real inspiration to me. You seem to have this thing completely within your control - eating OP, exercise. How do you maintain what appears to be such consistency? I would like to borrow some your regular routine will help, I'm sure.

Have a great weekend and a great week everyone. I'll be anxious to check in on April 3rd and see how everyone is doing.
Old 03-25-2001, 01:05 PM   #19  

Default Hello Ladies! {Oops! Have any men joined us since I last looked?}

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hello Everyone!

I cannot tell you how absolutely wonderful it feels to be sitting here, reading what you've all been doing & just getting all the positive vibes that exude from this wonderful little corner of the world. I really have missed you terribly. {My goodness! We've even gotten some new smilies too?}

Of course, I've missed a good deal of my life too these past few weeks of "Let's look for the breast cancer" tango! But, now that the preliminaries are over, I've proud to say that I can hang up my dancing shoes for the next three months. What?!?! I know: it is confusing. Basically, something funky is going on in my ribs (near the area of first neoplasm); but after too many tests I am still dangling between "suspcisious" and "noticeably changed - follow up in three months." Wanna guess which label (just love those labels) I opted for? Yup! I'm now officially "follow up in three months" and yes! I promise to moan & groan all over again come June!?!?

Meanwhile! I'm so far behind the drinking of the water & the counting of the points it ain't even funny. Plus! Somehow I pulled a ligament in my right foot so I cannot workout for 2-3 weeks But, I shall be brave! Come Tuesday I'm going to my meeting and get the obligatory monthly weigh-in. Shall we take bets now?

Just so nice to be back! Please excuse my rambling on, but I'm just too befuddled to rememeber all that I've read about what you all are doing. However, come Monday! Let the posting begin! Hope all is well with you all.

Karen Sue...now drinking water, honest....
Closed Thread