Old 02-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Default Questions about WW website (what happened to the forums)?

I haven't checked into the WW forums on their website in a while. Are the forums gone, or just hard to find? I was never super active there, but in the past some of the forums were good for quick answers and there was a pretty fast turn over of topics. It's hard to find another site with quite that volume of posts. Things here aren't nearly as active as they used to be.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/234/165

Height: 5'10"

I just rejoined WW last Sunday and found the same thing. Where ARE the forums??? I know there is an app for your phone now that has something like Facebook, but I don't understand it. Its not like you can search for topics or recipes.
Sorry not more help.
TripMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 12:01 PM   #3  

Thanks for confirming they aren't there and I'm not just over looking them!

From what I remember, the forums were almost totally unmoderated and it could be a bit like the wild west there, sometimes. Some forums were friendly and focused but some where really out there. Given that WW is such a HUGE company, it always surprised me that they didn't provide a better format and some moderation to keep things from devolving into chum-in-the-water attacks. I wonder if that finally bit them in the rear.

It was nice to be able to ask a quick question about their ever-changing plans and know you'd get 15 answers pretty quickly. I am thinking about rejoining but that part of the support was pretty valuable and I think I'd miss it.

Good luck!
Old 03-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/174/140

Height: 5'2"

I just re-joined today after being away from it for a few years. I do not like that they no longer have the old Message Boards. I guess like TheSecondHalf was saying, maybe it was getting out of hand without being moderated. I only rejoined for the online membership and not the meetings. After trying it out today, it just doesn't seem to offer as much support. Another glitch I found was that I entered my breakfast without a problem, but when I tried to enter my lunch, it kept going to the dinner section. So it looks like I had a HUGE dinner along with my lunch and snacks being included in it. I tried several times deleting and re-entering info. Guess I'll give it a try for a week and see what happens. If I don't like it, I'm cancelling and will go back to using My Fitness Pal.
dusty57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:53 AM   #5  

Default Ww website ( what happened to the forums )

Hi
I have just been reading your post and so glad you have rejoined weight watchers and following the healthiest approach to weight loss , the forums which used to be there have have been updated along with the ww app and is now even better than before . On the app you now have a fantastic section called connect ... which you can post your success whilst being inspired by others ... it's ww very own positive Facebook ..the stories and chat from Members's is so inspiring. connect is also there to support you in any queries which you have on your weight loss journey . There is also 24hr support from ww coaches via expert chat ... also accessible on the app 24/7 . I have lost 5 stone with ww and can honestly say how great the forums and app has evolved .. it's amazing and really supported myself on my journey. The 5* app is also easy to access recipes if your choice whilst eating out or looking for great foods to cook at home , there is also dietary preference to cater just for you . Support is si important whilst accompanied with a smart approach . Ww has it all x

Last edited by waby01; 03-05-2017 at 12:56 AM.
waby01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:47 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by waby01 View Post
Hi
I have just been reading your post and so glad you have rejoined weight watchers and following the healthiest approach to weight loss , the forums which used to be there have have been updated along with the ww app and is now even better than before . On the app you now have a fantastic section called connect ... which you can post your success whilst being inspired by others ... it's ww very own positive Facebook ..the stories and chat from Members's is so inspiring. connect is also there to support you in any queries which you have on your weight loss journey . There is also 24hr support from ww coaches via expert chat ... also accessible on the app 24/7 . I have lost 5 stone with ww and can honestly say how great the forums and app has evolved .. it's amazing and really supported myself on my journey. The 5* app is also easy to access recipes if your choice whilst eating out or looking for great foods to cook at home , there is also dietary preference to cater just for you . Support is si important whilst accompanied with a smart approach . Ww has it all x
I'm sorry Connect is no replacement for the forums.

Last edited by princessminnie; 03-09-2017 at 01:47 AM.
princessminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:10 PM   #7  

So far I like Connect a LOT better than the old forums. I'm really surprised WW let them go on unmoderated as long as they did.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 187.4/187.4/125

Height: 5'1"

I hate to be a cynic, but my guess is that they would have had to pay moderators so they decided to go cheap and save on the money (big corporations are like that...) Also, I joined back in July of last year and I recall there wasn't that much action, or at least, not as much as I thought there would be. So I wonder if they changed to Connect because they thought it would gain more participation.

Actually, I find it more like Twitter than Facebook except they don't limit the characters for each post (thank goodness). But I found the most success when I did searched for hashtags that interested me and then following those people. For example, I'm doing the Simply Filling plan so I did a search for #simplyfilling and pulled up people who are following the plan and just followed them.

What really annoys me is that they only allow you to post messages from the app. You can't post messages of your own from the web version of the Connect though you can respond to others' posts. That really annoys me, as I usually work from my laptop. So if I want to post something, I have to go to my iPad to do it. I don't understand why they don't allow you to post from the website - just doesn't make sense.

Tam
djunamod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:45 AM   #9  

From what I understand, they are still working out the kinks.

So far, Connect is one of my favorite parts of the new (to me) WWs. I follow a few people, but I usually just go to New and read from there. There is sooooo much new content to read ALL the time. It's great. It's my new time waster/filler and unlike Facebook, it's light on politics and things that make me want to shake someone

Also, there is just inspiration all over the place - from product and snack ideas, to meals, to before and afters. I've always felt losing weight was kind of futile because what's ten or twenty pounds when you need to lose one hundred and ten or twenty? Seeing other people's before and during pictures of ten and twenty pound losses - so eye-opening for me! I don't feel like the pounds I've lost are just a sad drop in a huge bucket because I've seen the difference in other people, so it's real, it's there. Twenty pounds feels like an accomplishment!

I sometimes see references to drama, but everything moves so fast and there's no real way to search (other than hashtags and by user, and even then you just see posts someone started, not where they have liked or commented) so the drama just scrolls off into the distance instead of gaining steam and taking over. LOVE IT.

Also, I'm on week six and I've lost twenty pounds and my A1C has dropped more than a point. I'm THRILLED I took my own progress photos and for once, I can see the difference. I'm proud of myself, I feel like I'm getting somewhere.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #10  

UPDATE: Week ten and I've lost 32 pounds. Connect is one of my favorite parts of WW and I don't even participate that much. I am so glad it's there!
Old 05-22-2017, 01:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 310/310/250

I was glad to see this!

I just rejoined (for the 6,000 time) and was shocked to find them missing. (Although in the past? They've always been so slow, and people could be huge jerks since it was largely unmoderated.) But after spending the last hour lurking in Connect? I think I'll like that better. (But I think the "Social Media" aspect is the way to go anymore.)
JacsNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:45 PM   #12  

So glad someone feels the same way I do. The Connect is not a good replacement for the forums/message boards. I don't need to see 350 memes before I find something actually related to the program. I don't hashtag anything and Connect is not nearly user-search friendly because everything has to be searched by the hashtag and you get 3000 responses with no actual info. I am so not into social media likes and honestly, seeing the ones I saw yesterday after rejoining(been gone for about a year), I saw post like "I met goal and no one "liked" my post so I ate 10 oreos and now I am upset" No one should place ANY of their self worth in social media likes and comments and especially if it depresses you so much that you binge eat. I think WW missed the boat on that one. Besides so little of it is plan related now with pics of cats, memes, grandkids, nothing is actually helpful to the plan. If I wanted to know that much about strangers, I would be back on social media. LOL I have sent emails(they'll be ignored as I am not Oprah) to WW about how bad it is and with studies showing that comparing yourself to what you see on other's social media being more detrimental to your mental health, it seems like a bad idea to make that the only way to connect for people who are already struggling with their self-worth, self-esteem and self-image.
dhagen02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:09 AM   #13  

I like Connect and find it very helpful in keeping me motivated and focused. I really like that it's harder for people to start and spread drama. As soon as I get a whiff of pot stirring, I just put that person on ignore and I never have to know about it again. I only really follow people from my meeting (although I am accidentally following a lot of people because I hit Follow when I scroll ), but I enjoy looking through new posts a few times a day.

IDk, unlike Facebook and Insta, when I only really visit when I'm super bored, I find Connect keeps me pretty inspired. I've learned some interesting hacks and found some great (and not so great, HALO TOP ) product recommendations.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:30 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3

If I could find the threads again that I posted on in Connect it might feel more useful. I am on computer not a phone app so I can't even start a post to ask a question which is probably no matter since history just flies on by me.
WW online food lists are great, easy to use and correctly guesses my poor spelling. But I still need fitday for the nutrition and the history of total calories and weight loss.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:28 AM   #15  

I enjoy Connect but I don't like that certain popular people all their posts end up 'Trending' while a lot of other posts fall through the cracks.
nightowl4life is offline   Reply With Quote