Old 05-06-2016, 04:30 PM   #1  
Less of a Better Me

Default WW Chat

Calling all Weight Watchers who want to chat or post weigh ins or whatever.

I am on maintenance and will do my May weigh in tomorrow. I am up a few pounds from last month but was below goal weight so should weigh in still in my free lifetime status.

The big news for me is that on Monday I am having facial cosmetic surgery. My weight loss results in a lot of loose skins. On my face, I really hate how my eyes and neck look. So, I am having surgery. Then in a few months, I will have a tummy tuck and breast lift where I also have a lot of loose skin from years of overweight and then losing weight.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 06:08 PM   #2  
Less of a Better Me

Since we have been having fewer members posting in the monthly chat I am just going to make it an ongoing chat. You can post weigh ins, updates, or whatever general things you want to post about in a chat. Specific questions and topics are better in separate threads. Hope to see more posting soon.

I thought I would post to say that I am now 2 1/2 weeks post facial plastic surgery. I no longer have a turkey neck or all that loose skin on my eyes. The recovery has been difficult. Not a lot of pain, but just lots of swelling (so I couldn't see much) and really feeling tired. I feel pretty good right now so felt I could hop on and post for awhile.

I'll post more about it later. So far I am happy with it. The interesting thing is that even though I have been above my maintenance points I've lost weight. The first few days after surgery I wasn't hungry. I had to eat something through because lots of my meds required it. I am supposed to not diet and to try to eat plenty of protein to help with healing. On paper (based upon Fitbit and calories eaten) I should have gained half a pound and but I down 1.8 pounds. Go figure. Doctor says it is because my metabolism is up while my body busily tries to heal itself. Unfortunately, this effect won't last much longer.

So far, I am really glad I had the facial surgery and still plan to have a breast lift/tummy tuck when I've recovered from this surgery.

How is everyone else doing?
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote