Old 05-04-2016, 10:30 PM   #16  
Inkdiva

S/C/G: 235/235/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Thanks Koshka!

Yup, going well so far. I know I'll have tougher days, and I've spent years planning on losing weight- so my plan is just to get right back on plan if and when I slip up. It's especially tough when they bring treats to work. So far, I've stayed strong and eaten what I packed.

Very proud of passing up cookies and giant sub sandwich today. Did get extra veg for my sandwich and a small bag of cheetos for 5 points. I love all that stuff, but I ate my sandwich thin 99% fat free ham sandwich and 2 point chicken veg soup instead.

I do treats- but mainly sugar free hard candy if I have a sugar craving, banana smoothie with almond milk-1 point, PB2- powdered peanut butter 2 Tbs for 1 point, ice, and a stevia packet. Dash of salt makes it seem like a real milkshake instead.

It's an adjustment all right, but the weight loss is motivating me.
inkdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:55 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

You can do it, Inkdiva! That's the beauty of this plan, whenever we fail (and we all fail) we can get right back into the groove the very next day.
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:26 PM   #18  
Less of a Better Me

That's great inkdiva. I know that for me finding out where to make changes really helped me. Some things are worth it but other things aren't.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 428/338/185

I loved Smart Points until my cardiologist put me on a whole foods plant based diet, that's just a lowfat vegan diet. For some reason it was very hard to transition due to the new focus on lean meat. I stopped going to meetings because it was mostly on how to eat more meat for the least amount of points every week. I was following the WFPB doctors diets but most didn't have boundaries with portions. So, I just started back tracking with the Ultimate Diary on Points Plus. It is easier for vegans to be honest. I'm back to losing now and staying on my doctor's good side. Now I wish Smart Points would have been around when I was doing lower carbs. Oh well, we each have to figure out how to make this thing work. Health and then weight loss is my motivator.

I'm contemplating joining online only down the road but at this time, Points Plus seems to be a better fit for what my medical needs are. I hope when WW tweaks the new plan in December that they reconsider how they are penalizing healthy whole foods like beans, rice and other vegan staples. Simply Filling is a good option unless you need the boundaries of portion control.
Stephaniek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 07:36 AM   #20  

I am a lifetime member since 1992. I only just joined back up 4 weeks ago, I really like the new smart point system, I have lost 3.7 kg's in 4 weeks
Sam072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:26 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 1/1/18/ 202/169/126

Height: 5'3 3/4"

I'm starting Smart Points today. I like it and plan to join you. Will this be the Smart Points group?
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:43 PM   #22  
Less of a Better Me

The entire Weight Watchers forum as a whole generally discusses the current program. There are a few threads that have been started to discuss prior programs (such as the Flex Momentum thread). With the exception of those threads, you can discuss SmartPoints related things anywhere in the Weight Watchers program including starting threads of your own to ask specific questions.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:29 AM   #23  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

I am doing the old WW points plan. You just have to google it to find info on it. I began last Tuesday. It worked for me years ago and as I got fat again the past 3 years (100 lb gain) I knew it was my only choice. The original points plan is the best. IMO
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 211.2/194.8/170

Height: 5'10"

I've been on WW on and off and I really like any of the point systems. I just rejoined on Wednesday so I am a little green when it comes to the Smart Points. But their programs are easy to follow and am glad that their online trackers and food database are updated.

I think the main thing is accountability for me.

I got some Flat Outs because they were BOGO this week and made a chicken caesar wrap. 5 points total. It was so yummy and filling.
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:25 AM   #25  
On my way..

S/C/G: 207/170/145

Height: 5'3"

Well I also am back to the WW program and looking for a group to help me with support..I keep falling off and gaining back..I need to stick to it...THIS TIME..
kerri22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:31 PM   #26  
Less of a Better Me

Kerri22 - How is it going? Are things going well? Anything in particular that is problematical?
Old 08-18-2016, 07:08 AM   #27  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

I have not "fallen off" the old points plan, which I began 7/19/16, but I am dealing with some health issues that have cropped up. After being menopausal for over 5 years, I have now had 2 periods in the last 4 weeks and the 1st one lasted 2 weeks. The 2nd one began yesterday. I definitely believe it has slowed my progress.
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:58 AM   #28  
Inkdiva

S/C/G: 235/235/180

Hello all. Yikes, EMERALDberry, that doesn't sound good. My bestie had to go on birth control to regulate her cycle, maybe that would work for you too. Either way, yup it affects cravings and water retention for sure. Kerri- seriously- that was me too. I used to think I just had to be in the right mind set, and that's kinda true too, but what I personally needed were some realistic substitutes for the foods I love. I'm not sure how you like to eat, but I've been almost completely motivated this time by recipes and videos from Weight Watcher Girl 1 on You tube. She posts delicious recipes with simple ingredients. Watch one of her full days on food. Most of us are bulk eaters, I know I am, so she advises adding 0 point foods to bulk up your favorite meals. Check it out!

I've been on a bit of a self-induced plateau lately. Just not sticking well, nibbling here and there- but I went back to work after the summer (I teach) and everyone kept commenting on how great I look, and it boosted my determination to get back on track. I've been stuck up and down from 216-214 for the past 2 months, and this week with lining up some good choices multiple days in a row, I busted through! I'm now 212.6. Yay! Every day, I look at my one remaining back fat roll and tell it- "I'm coming for you!" Yes, I'm weird, but it makes me happy. It's melting, and next will be my belly pooch!

Yes, I'm on a little weight loss high, but I'm enjoying it. Good luck to all else who've posted.

I think the best advice anyone can give or get is not to give up. Even a full-on binge doesn't mean you can't start over. You don't fail unless you stop trying.

Last edited by inkdiva; 09-17-2016 at 08:00 AM.
inkdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:02 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
Pretty sure, I am the lone person that "HATES" fruit, but "LOVES" veg!

Actually, I do not hate fruit, it just does not agree with me. It monkeys with my blood glucose levels something awful.

And it makes my stomach hurt. Like really bad.

I wish fruit agreed with me, I would like to eat more of it, except bananas. YUK.
But bring on the veg! Veggies do not upset my tummy, and you can steam, roast, fresh, toss, grill, steam, so versatile.
You are not alone. I HATE fruit. The only two I like are banana and pineapple. Gets old. I struggled for 2 years when WW switched to PP cuz all my processed foods and carbs went way up. Finally found my way and lost 70lbs on PP. Then they switched to SP and I've been struggling ever since. I quit last March and just signed up for online last month, but I miss meetings. My leader and group changed so much...it's not enjoyable to go, but I don't do well going it alone as proven by the 30lbs I've gained back. I'm trying to find my mojo again and being a fruit hater makes it rough. I DO like veggies, but like you, they can make me very sick. Hang in....you are not the only one
mershell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:14 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 278.6/278.6/180

Yes, I started today and thought... whoa! 42 points! I'm never going to be able to eat that much! But it does go a lot quicker than "old" points (loved that little slider gadget... am I dating myself?). I bought a ton of lean cuisines on sale over the weekend and was surprised today that my little meal was 9 points! But then again, they're easy and I can leave them in the freezer at work. I'm notorious for forgetting my lunch and when I do that I usually end up with pizza, so I guess I'm still better off with my lean cuisines. But maybe when I'm through my stash, I'll have to reconsider. Especially when I start getting fewer points.

I do think it's good that fruits are now "free." I'm definitely more likely to eat a "free" banana than a 2 point banana. I remember at one WW meeting I went to many years ago, a leader was saying that grapes were a trigger food for her and that she couldn't have them in the house or she'd eat the whole bag and I was just sitting there thinking, "Lady, aint none of us here from eating too many grapes!" I didn't go back to that meeting.

Good to know about the almond milk. I love sugar free instant mochas and I make them with milk, but maybe if I make them with almond milk I can shave off a point.
meabbott is offline   Reply With Quote