Old 10-04-2015, 08:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

Default October Chat

Hi all!

Happy to report I'm on the cusp on onderland! Of course, heading into a few weeks of serious social activity, which is going to make maintenance and more loss kind of challenging. Hoping to check back in a bit more for support. Hope all are well!
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Congrats on that milestone!!!!! Excellent.

Seems quiet in here. Maybe more people will come in and chat.

I alternate between calorie counting and WW often. When I become too obsessive, I return to points.
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:19 PM   #3  

Just checking back in to change my ticker because last week I made it to onederland! Of course, I then took a surprise trip out of town and ate and drank way too much, so it's unlikely to stick through the next weigh in, but I just wanted to see it in print WW took away a daily point as a result, which I totally ignored for the weekend. We shall see how things go later this week, but for now, I am so happy.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:41 AM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

Hi, Kristen. I do both counting calories and points. I like the calorie counting so I get more detail. I like points because of seeing how weekly points fit in.

I'm still within 2 pounds of my goal weight for free lifetime status. I want to lose some more body fat. The last month has been super stressful, though, so I'm happy to have just maintained.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:16 PM   #5  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Haven't been a member for awhile - was a former lifetime member and want to rejoin.
I looked at the online program and the meeting type program. My DH is a chef and is ALL about food so in the past- accountability worked for me and weigh ins important. We only have 6pm meetings now so I always hated to weigh in later in the day.
What works better for you guys?
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:02 PM   #6  

Hi bigdog - I totally get you about the 6pm meetings. I started at a 9:30am meeting and still thought that wasn't early enough. Eventually, when I felt more comfortable, I bought a scale that I took to the meeting and compared the numbers between their scale and my new scale. Once that happened, I tapered off going to meetings and now I weigh in on Friday mornings first thing. Honestly, it's all about consistency, so as long as you are weighing in at the same time, the actual numbers don't matter. My doctor's scale always weighs me 4 lbs heavier than what my home scale measures (and I tell her, too!). Welcome back to the group!
Old 10-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #7  
Motivated Member

Hi Elaine,
I joined the online program yesterday.
I was going to join the meeting plan but we only have 2 choices for meetings- mon and Thursday at 6pm. I get discouraged when I have a bad weigh in so figured online only, weigh in as soon as I get up - butt naked thurs am will work better! Lol. I'm a closet dieter anyway and don't like people knowing I'm dieting -
So- love the 24/7 chat! Very cool-
So many choices and menu ideas compared to the other plan I was trying to do.
I actually love counting points- weird I know. Last night, no points left and I was like - I'm done! It's like - is that brownie really worth 7 points? Hmmmm- no.
I have a lot of reading to do to catch up- love the mobile site and scanner to track.

Last edited by bigdog; 10-27-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:54 AM   #8  

Hi bigdog! I have never really thought about it, but I'm a closet dieter, too. I haven't told anyone what I've been doing - not even my husband. He hasn't said anything different about me, but has always been kind and complimentary, so no real change there even after 44 lbs. I have been getting good feedback from friends, but I haven't actually said I'm doing WW. I just don't want to talk about it, honestly.

I love counting points, too. It's fun to plan ahead and then reward myself. I seem to be excited about the fennel salad I save for the afternoon - so strange!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:32 PM   #9  
Motivated Member

Down 3 lbs!! Woo hoo!! And didn't eat any chocolate yesterday but had a nice bowl of mixed berries. Counting points and actually tracking is working!
When I know I have to write it down, is helping me with the mindless snacking or the "just a couple snack bars won't hurt". 30 pounds later. Ugh!!
My DH doesn't even know I'm dieting because it's normal food - just more veggies, fruit and smaller portions......
WW has it all figured out for us- less points for the good choices and more points for the bad choices. Why am I just now getting this concept? Lol
Old 10-29-2015, 09:31 AM   #10  

That's fantastic bigdog! I totally agree - it's easy to blend in and have no one notice (or criticize) when you're just paying attention to portion size. I bought a food scale and have just started using it for everything. And I can have ice cream every night, because I need ice cream every night LOL.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:30 PM   #11  
Motivated Member

Speaking of ice cream, what is a good low point ice cream? We are going camping and I love ice cream at night cuddled up w my DH and 3 dogs

Or should I get the WW desserts? I have to admit- am being lazy and eating the little WW TV dinners for lunch with a salad most days. Meat loaf and garlic mashed potatoes today 7 points...... Santa Fe bean dinner- ..... Small portions seems to be working. They were like $2 at Walmart . We are slammed at work so easy and fast.

Lost 7 lbs total as of today!! Couldn't believe it and stepped on the scales twice!!
Set up an event at work and set out tons of brownies, good cookies, candy for the kids and had one mini pecan cookie - tracked it- 2 points. Knowing I had to write it down kept me from mindless eating or eating because it's there. I used to make Fiber One cookies - 1 point back in the day of WW- not sure if Fiber One is as low in points as it used to be. I have a lot to learn and catch up on
So Excited!!!
Old 10-30-2015, 02:34 PM   #12  

You are doing great - it really is exciting at the beginning. I really like the Skinny Cow ice cream products - portion control built right in - and most of them use dark chocolate, while the WW treats seem to be milk chocolate and taste a little less authentic to me. I get one of those (usually 4 pts) and then air popped popcorn for my after the kids are asleep snacking. It's been working for me since Feb

Just going to type this because I want the accountability - I'm not weighing in today because it's TOM. I know it won't be a good number and even though I know that's fake, I don't need to see that right now.

In other news, despite it being TOM, I had to go jeans shopping today and bought a pair in a size I haven't seen in a loooooong time. Yes, they have stretch. Yes, they are a brand that runs big. But they are a new size and I'm celebrating this NSV!
Old 10-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #13  
Motivated Member

Congratulations on the new jeans! I always buy jeans w a little spandex so when I do lose, they adjust. I love the 9 west jeans vintage straight leg. They have ALOT of stretch! Lol
Just got back from Walmart and loaded up on low point food to pack for our camping trip in the motorhome. Stopped by the rich woman thrift shop to get some pants to tide me over till I lose more. They have a lot of Talbot and Chico brands which are forgiving
Wish I saw your post earlier. I got Breyers low fat ice cream. Caramel salted 80 cal and Choc 100 cal. Also got Blue Bunny sweet freedom vanilla crunch. All say no sugar. 3 points. I was scanning everything in the store!! Was overwhelmed chiding cereal and then saw WW oat clusters cereal. 3 points

Turkey dogs, fruit and lots of veggies.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:17 PM   #14  
Motivated Member

Was at work today putting out cookies in the community center - chocolate caramel bars. I'm thinking I've been good - one won't hurt. Took a bite and it was ok- cheap chocolate- too sweet.... I actually grabbed a paper towel and spit it out and threw the rest of it away! Not worth the points.

My DH bought the Publix premium Trinity ice cream on our trip even though I told him I got the ice cream (healthier choices)
I WILL BE STRONG!!! I know we will be walking and riding our bikes all day tomorrow but do not want to gain!.
Happy Halloween!