Old 06-30-2015, 03:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5 Foot & 4 Inches

Default This *has* to be a first....

I had my first weigh in at WW last night.

I had GAINED 7lb *hangs head in shame*

I am pretty sure that's NOT how you're meant to do this and I am pretty sure that I must be the first person in the history of WW to GAIN half a stone in the first week!!! Normally a first week weight loss is a given as you're all excited and committed because it's new and shiny and the novelty hasn't worn off.

My name is ThePinkSheep and I think I have a food addiction problem
ThePinkSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:49 AM   #2  

That is too bad, but don't let it defeat you. I am sure you are not the only person this happened to.

Was this your very first week on WW? Are you doing the points plus? Think back about what happened the last week. Maybe you didn't calculate your points correctly. For example, if you calculate a can of soup for 5 points, but there are 2.5 servings, you will have to multiply the points by the amounts of servings if you were to eat the entire can. Hopefully this makes sense.

Hang in there, you can do this!
Becs08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:22 PM   #3  

Don't give up girl!!!! You are certainly NOT the first you can only be embarassed if you quit!! You may just need a little more guidance from the leaders or the 24/7 online chat? The first week is always hard, especially if we still have trigger foods in the house that cause overeating! It is a process, eventually you will start substituting high point foods that you love with newer low point favourites!
CarrieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:17 AM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

7 pounds in a week sounds like some water retention. It is really hard to actually gain 7 pounds in a week so I'm sure it will come down really fast as you follow the program.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:54 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I'm thinking water retention as well. You are probably drinking more water than before, and if you had anything salty before the weigh in your body is going to hold onto water, no matter how carefully you track. And I regularly gain lbs around my period, but I've learned not to stress about them because that weight will go away on its own.

Oh and I just remembered, I gained weight the first week, the very first time I joined. I had surgery between the first and second weigh-ins and the meds just made me retain water. It happens.

Last edited by Amy8888; 07-07-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote