Old 05-17-2015, 03:08 PM   #1  

Default What are your "not worth the points" foods?

I was thinking about this today when I cancelled my Graze subscription. It wasn't that I didn't like the service... I just decided that it wasn't worth the points. Nevermind the fact that I was paying $6 a week for 4 tiny single serving snacks. The thing I had a problem with is that the snacks are all in the 5-7 point range. They were reasonably tasty, and pretty healthy stuff... lots of nuts and seeds and fruit. If they were in the 2-4 point range I probably would have continued since I find that a reasonable range for a healthy snack, but for 6 points it has to be a real treat. I need a level of indulgence that simply was not present in those snacks.

Since one of the great perks of Weight Watchers is that nothing is expressly forbidden, I'm just curious what kinds of things have made the "not worth the points" list for everyone else. Things that you COULD eat, but choose not to because the point value is too high for the satisfaction you get from it.
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #2  
Less of a Better Me

A lot of the junky WW bars that they sell at the meetings. 2 or 3 points for a couple of bites that aren't even that good.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:52 PM   #3  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

It's funny but just last night I had some pizza AND some chips too... Not sure what I was thinking... Lol... But I definitely dipped into my wp's to do it... And afterwards I was thinking it really wasn't worth it... especially, the chips...

Also recently I had some mac & cheese that was like 12 pts for a serving (And trust me I could have easily eaten way more...) and it just wasn't worth it... AND since one of my weaknesses is rich pasta dishes in general I think I'll wait until I walk the length of Italy AGAIN before I'll be having those...Lol...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:55 AM   #4  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Anything, creamy, mayo based.

Macaroni, potato salad. Etc. Can be made at home, more friendly, still good.

I do understand, that some of the products that WW sells are not really healthy in and of themselves. On the other hand, the thing we don't always realize, is that is what a "portion" of that kind of food should be. A 2 point WW, chocolate, thing, is the portion we should eat, of that. It is actually equal to 2 Hershey Kisses. Thing is, the WW bar, gives us rules. Hershey Kisses, not so much! And the Kisses, do not come in one serving size. We get the whole DANG bag!

Since I am a WW. Most fast food, OFF my list, Most of the time. Not all.

However, no food is ever OFF my list, I have learned, first of all, through 8 years of WW, and tracking, how the food, I choose to eat, affects, my body, how I feel, and how it all works, so that I can have wedding cake or bbq, or whatever, now and then, as long as I keep in mind, portion control, and get right back on the "proverbial" horse, ASAP!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 03:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5'5"

Chinese food, hands down. I love General Tso's Chicken with pork fried rice.. oh boy do I love it... but damn, too many points. I tried making a healthier version at home but it just wasn't the same, so now I've sworn it off for good

However, I have recently reinstated real cheeses! I was using Borden Fat Free American Cheese slices for a long time, which did the trick (points wise) but I'd rather have real, fatty, melty cheese again and just figure out the points some other way

Last edited by Suz151; 06-07-2015 at 03:17 PM.
Suz151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Any alcohol. Other than an occasional cocktail that knocks my socks off, I can really take it or leave it when it comes to alcohol of any kind, so I don't even bother.

My husband and I also travel a lot, and I learned years ago that if it didn't taste awesome, I didn't waste the points/calories on it. I'll try most things, but if I don't love it, I don't bother. We enjoy cruises once in a while, where there is food galore - but it has turned out to be a good thing because if the first bite isn't amazing, I stop eating it and there is always something else to try.

Last edited by Lunula; 06-22-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:33 PM   #7  
Less of a Better Me

Agree with you Lunula
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:10 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 2"

What a great question?

I'm familiar with the WW points, tho on a different diet now. I agree that the points do help me judge what is a portion as apposed to the amount I too often choose.

White rice is NOT worth the points and certainly any cookies or cake with transfat and white flour. Funny, but I really don't miss them and am surprised at that.
love2garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Rice, pasta, any bread that isn't hot and freshly baked, any desserts, drinks with calories (other than champagne )

Last edited by Munchy; 06-23-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote