Old 05-20-2015, 01:28 PM   #61  
Less of a Better Me

TripSwitch - Grats on the weigh in.

Also, I recently got a Fitbit Charge HR which I loved. It is wrist based and does do floors and also reads your heart rate (don't buy the Charge which is only $20 cheaper and doesn't do HR...Charge HR is way better value). Anyway, I still have my old Fitbit One and I can now attach both of them to my Fitbit account. For example, this weekend I am going to a wedding where it would look odd to wear my Charge HR on my wrist. I will instead but my One in my bra. I like having that flexibility to switch back and forth.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:25 PM   #62  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenIsOverIt View Post
TripSwitch that's AWESOME!!! Way to go!

I weighed in at 281.9 this morning. Two days to go before official weigh in. I'm pretty excited.

One thing I am NOT excited about... I think the Jawbone UP/ WW combo is giving me too many activity points. I don't put any in manually, just let it calculate from the UP band. Yesterday I had about 7000 steps and a 25 minute bike ride and it gave me 10 activity points. I don't care that much because I never eat my activity points, I just think it's being too generous with me.
Kitten I heard that the WW site is having some problems and a lot of people have been complaining that they're getting too many activity pts from their Fitbits and Jawbones that are linked.... People have been reporting that their AP balances are making all sorts of weird changes... Apparently WW knows about the problems and "is working on it"... I noticed today that none of my AP's from my run at 6:30a this morning are in my tracker yet... All very annoying...

ETA: congrats on your "unofficial" weigh-in this morning... Way to go!
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 05:31 PM   #63  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
TripSwitch - Grats on the weigh in.

Also, I recently got a Fitbit Charge HR which I loved. It is wrist based and does do floors and also reads your heart rate (don't buy the Charge which is only $20 cheaper and doesn't do HR...Charge HR is way better value). Anyway, I still have my old Fitbit One and I can now attach both of them to my Fitbit account. For example, this weekend I am going to a wedding where it would look odd to wear my Charge HR on my wrist. I will instead but my One in my bra. I like having that flexibility to switch back and forth.
Thanks Koshka .... And thanks for the Fitbit info... That's good to know... Because that's exactly what I would want to do... I have this friend who wears the Charge with a watch also... And let me just say that is not a "look" I want to go for... Lol...
Old 05-22-2015, 07:32 AM   #64  

282 this morning is official! That brings me down to 40 points per day. How do you guys handle a 1 pt drop? I don't eat any 1 pt snacks. I might just absorb the 1 pt into my weeklies for now, and then when I go down to 39 points I'll cut out a 2 pt snack.

TripSwitch... the Jawbone/WW thing seems to have improved. I got a more reasonable number for my bike ride yesterday (4 AP for a leisurely 30 minute ride) AND the numbers popped up right away instead of the next morning like they had been. Still not eating them, but I just want things to be accurate!
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:31 PM   #65  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
282 this morning is official! That brings me down to 40 points per day. How do you guys handle a 1 pt drop? I don't eat any 1 pt snacks. I might just absorb the 1 pt into my weeklies for now, and then when I go down to 39 points I'll cut out a 2 pt snack.

TripSwitch... the Jawbone/WW thing seems to have improved. I got a more reasonable number for my bike ride yesterday (4 AP for a leisurely 30 minute ride) AND the numbers popped up right away instead of the next morning like they had been. Still not eating them, but I just want things to be accurate!
Congrats Kitten ... that's great!... It's funny the only thing I have in my plan that is 1 pt is the creamer I use in my coffee... and I've tried different things so it would be 0, but I decided it just wasn't worth it... One thing I have cut way back on is any rice or whole grains I may be having with a meal... So for instance if I were having some brown rice or quinoa that was 4 pts, I would reduce the portion so it was only 3 pts... Also depending on how much protein you're currently eating... Reducing a portion by an oz might shave off a pt...
Old 05-23-2015, 07:29 AM   #66  

I was at 277 this morning. I moved the scale like 4 times, checked underneath it for debris... no matter what, that scale said 277. Now, I know I didn't lose 5 pounds in 24 hours but whatever. 70's are coming!
Old 05-23-2015, 09:58 AM   #67  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
I was at 277 this morning. I moved the scale like 4 times, checked underneath it for debris... no matter what, that scale said 277. Now, I know I didn't lose 5 pounds in 24 hours but whatever. 70's are coming!
^This happens to me all the time... I saw 160 on my scale for a hot second last Saturday I think it was... and then my weigh-in on tue was 165 and change... For me depending on what I ate and how much water I drank, 2 to 3lb +/- over the course of the day is the norm and 4 or 5lb +/- is not uncommon for me either...

I hate to admit it but even though I know this is just fluctuations in water weight... I still secretly love seeing lower numbers like that, even if they aren't quite "real" just yet...
Old 05-23-2015, 12:32 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
I hate to admit it but even though I know this is just fluctuations in water weight... I still secretly love seeing lower numbers like that, even if they aren't quite "real" just yet...
Ohhhh me too! Even though my app for my Withings scale kinda smooths out those ups and downs, I love seeing a ridiculously low number!

I was just sitting at my desk and looked down and saw a weird bump under my shirt... oh lord, it's the top edge of my bra cup sticking out because nothing is filling it up to the top. My bra is like 1/4 empty. So if I lost anything, that's where it came from! Not that I mind... I'm a 40 G so even if I lost a few cup sizes I'd still be gigantic. Ugh.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:06 PM   #69  
Heading Downtown...

Hi All!!!

Hope everyone here had a nice weekend... I didn't go to crazy, but I definitely over ate this weekend and now I'm up a few lbs on the scale again... just water weight from all the carbs and salt... But I don't think it will be off again before my meeting on tue...

This is one of my problems that I always seem to run into with WW... Even though I track religiously and stay within my pts allowance... I start to play fast and loose with the carbs and that just seems to stall me out...

So I really think I need a week of very low carb again to get back on track... So that's probably what I'm going to do this coming week and hopefully I can get out of 160's finally...!!!

Last edited by TripSwitch; 05-25-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:19 AM   #70  
Heading Downtown...

Good Morning WeightWatchers...

Well this morning I WATCHED my WEIGHT go up 5 LBS on the scale since Saturday...

The culprit was some homemade pasta salad that I made for my family yesterday... I wasn't planning on having any... But then I decided to just "taste" it... And... Well, it was just so good... And since I went to all that trouble to make it I might as well just have a "little"... So I wound up having like 4 cups of the stuff over the course of the evening... Proving to myself, yet once again I just can not handle pasta right now... It just sets me off... A TOTAL TRIGGER FOOD for me... And on top of that I overrate a bunch of cookies too!!!

I did track everything and even with all that overeating I didn't use up all my weekly's... But there is no way all this water retention will be resolved by tomorrow before my weigh-in... So I guess I'll just go to my meeting and not weigh-in... And then hopefully by later in the week I can hit another meeting when I should be back down to around what I was last week... I hope...
Old 05-25-2015, 02:12 PM   #71  

TripSwitch... that's such a bummer... But GREAT JOB tracking it all. It's all going to work itself out. Maybe you'll be surprised tomorrow! I'm kinda the same way. If I stay low on bread and pasta, I do really well but it seems like if I start eating them, I can't stop.

I'm pretty excited today, I reworked my Zuppa Tuscana soup recipe from 17 pts down to 10 pts for a nice big bowl. It's cooking right now!

I also bought a new food dehydrator. I know that most people consider dried fruit to be the worst thing ever to eat when you're trying to lose weight, but for me it's a total treat. I track it religiously and I eat quite a bit of it but it keeps me away from less healthy choices. Frankly I'm not sure why people think it's so evil. I don't add any sugar so there's no more calories than fresh fruit. Ten fresh cherries have the same calories as ten dried cherries, no? I understand the density of those calories changes a bit... I don't know why I'm trying to rationalize my food choices here. Ha!

Last edited by KittenIsOverIt; 05-25-2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:26 PM   #72  
Heading Downtown...

Thanks Kitten ... It's too funny, but even though I swore I wasn't touching anyone of that pasta salad, for lunch today it was just calling my name again... Lol... So I measured out a portion and tracked it and had it with my lunch... The good news is today it didn't set off a really bad craving for more... But I think it's because I ate a really substantial breakfast today... And that wasn't the case yesterday... That's one of my big problems... Skipping meals and then overeating... But I'm working on it...

That soup sounds delicious... I've got to start working on cutting the pts from things I like to make, especially now that my pts budget is so low... Up until now I've just been using wp's to make up the difference, but I don't think that strategy is gonna do the trick to get me to goal...

I've never had a food dehydrator... I almost bought one several years ago when I was trying to do and all raw diet... And I would think as long as you're not overeating the dried fruit that you make, It sounds like a good treat to me.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:35 PM   #73  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this Forum. I lost my dog of 13 years last September and gained about 15 pounds. I was already overweight. So now I'm here. I'm ready to charge of my weight. I've done weight watchers in the past and was very successful. I don't do the PP, I'm going to follow the Flex plan.
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:42 AM   #74  

Welcome to you, lovemylife001. We're glad to have you. So sorry to hear about your dog. It's devastating to lose a furry loved one.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:54 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Hi lovemylife and welcome! I am sorry for your loss - so many of us love and need our pets.

I had a disappointing week last week - up 0.2 even though I was tracking and coming in at or below all week before. That did help me be very careful this weekend and I even came home from the BBQ last night with 10 pts left to spend on snacks, lol. I am hopeful about this week's weigh-in, but cautious because TOM is on his way. I have mini goals set throughout the summer and if I keep adding or not losing each week, that is not going to work out. It's the journey...
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote