Old 05-12-2015, 10:31 PM   #46  
Less of a Better Me

elaineindc - Strength training will often result in a temporary water weight gain. I personally don't do strength training within 2 days of weigh in (I arrange my schedule so I do strength training earlier in the week and after weigh in.

In my experience cardio that is "typical" for me doesn't cause the temporary weight gain. However, if I greatly increase my activity, it can cause some termporary weight gain as well. In my experience, not as much as with the weight lifting.

On the other hand, the other way to go is to simply be consistent. So, if every week you lift weighs the day before weigh in then maybe you do have some water gain but it is consistent from week to week.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #47  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi All...

Just thought I'd check in... Things are going well... Still riding high from that great weigh-in I had this week... Today I decided to go treat myself to a new swimsuit for swimming laps... I found something I liked in a size a can live with...lol... And then I came home and actually swam some laps...

I have to say that weigh-in is really motivating me to stay on track this week and this weeks meeting topic of "Spring-clean your fridge" has given me a few ideas... But actually I'm already in pretty good shape in that department... Although there are a few more "plan friendly" things that I would like to add...

I also picked up a copy of The Beck Diet Solution and from what I've read so far, I really think it has the potential to be a real "game changer" for me... So I've decided I'm going to follow it along with WW... So I'll let everyone know how it goes...

I hope everyone is having a great week so far... Mine has flown by and I'm really looking forward to the weekend... We're supposed to have gorgeous weather here, so I'm really looking forward to that... AND I'm going to try and add another "R" to my usual weekend "R & R".... some RUNNING...

Wish me luck...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:48 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Down 1.6 this morning - meaning I'm halfway to goal! I should be happier than I am - not sure why I'm not. I was much more pleased with last week's weigh-in. I need to get my exercise back up to where it used to be, and I think I will just feel better overall. I also ordered a new bathing suit this week - fingers crossed it's something I can live with, TripSwitch!
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #49  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaineindc View Post
Down 1.6 this morning - meaning I'm halfway to goal! I should be happier than I am - not sure why I'm not. I was much more pleased with last week's weigh-in. I need to get my exercise back up to where it used to be, and I think I will just feel better overall. I also ordered a new bathing suit this week - fingers crossed it's something I can live with, TripSwitch!
Congrats that's awesome!!!

But I think I know how you're feeling... It's something I really want to change... I often times find myself wondering why I'm not happier with my results... I think that's why I'm finding the stuff in the Beck Diet Solution so appealing to me right now... especially the techniques to really work to counter that self sabotaging "voice" in my head...

And I hear you about the exercise... I SO WANT to get my exercise back where it used to be... BUT of course I completely forget that it literally took me years to get in the shape that I was in... So I just need to keep at it and it WILL HAPPEN... And give myself credit for what I am doing... I swam laps yesterday and today... Now granted it wasn't for very long, but 10 minutes is better than 0 minutes... Lol... Oh, and I did try on some new running shoes yesterday too... So hopefully I'll treat myself to those soon...

I'm having a good on-plan day... After I swam my laps I had a nice sized breakfast of scrambled tofu and some pink grapefruit... And we're going out to dinner tonight at one of my favorite Japanese restaurants and I'm really in the mood for sashimi... So if I just do that and skip the rice I should be able to stay within my pts for today and not dip into my wp's... and THAT'S MY PLAN AND I'M STICKING TO IT!!!

Hope everyone's having a great day and has A GREAT WEEKEND!!!
Old 05-16-2015, 10:36 AM   #50  

Must be New Bathing Suit week on this thread! I got one too, but I'm not a lap swimmer. I just wanted something vintage-glamorous to wear with my sunglasses and huge sun hat while lounging poolside with my book and my SPF 75! Ha! I did find one though.. perfect ruched maillot with the wide halter straps. It's maybe a bit too big? Too big????
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:59 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Checking in! Scales were disastrous this morning as I threw my sister-in-law a baby shower yesterday and ate a wide variety of things I haven't allowed myself in six months. Scones with jam and cream, cake, turkish bread. Didn't count so lord knows how many points!

I have been plateauing HARD for the last few weeks and I'm feeling a bit fed up. Wondering whether to eat at maintenance for a few weeks to try and give my body a kickstart or just keep going. I still exercise five or more days a week and apart from the last two days, have been eating well. Going away for work this week- going to focus on eating healthy and drinking lots of water and hope for a good week. If I haven't dropped this week, I will have a think about eating at maintenance for a few weeks.
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:10 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickety_switch View Post
Didn't count so lord knows how many points!
As hard as it is, I think it's important to make an attempt to track what you ate. Even if it's not exact and you can't remember everything, you have to try to be honest about it and take accountability for it.

There's a chance it won't be as bad as you thought. Or maybe it will be worst than you thought, and then you'll know why your weight loss has stalled. But either way, you'll know and you can use it to make better choices today.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:17 AM   #53  
Heading Downtown...

flickety switch ... I've definitely done things like that too... And actually that's one of the things that I really like about WW is having those wp's to help soften the blow so to speak.... So now my new plan in those types of situations is to just try to track as best I can after the fact... AND definitely not beat myself up over it... And then just get back on track... Sounds like you have a good plan for the coming week... Let us know how it goes... I'll be rooting for you...

So I have a couple of Fitbit things from this past week that I thought I'd share here and celebrate...

On Tuesday I earned my "Italy" badge... Which means I've walked 736 miles which is the entire length of Italy since getting my Fitbit... I love Italy, so I thought that was really cool!

And then yesterday morning when I hopped on my trusty Fitbit scale it said 163.7 lbs which is exactly 55 lbs less than it said back on Mothers Day in 2014 when I decided that was it... I was going to get this weight OFF!!!... So I had literally just walked back into my bedroom and my phone on my nightstand beeped with a new email... And it was from Fitbit congratulating me with a 55 lb weight loss badge!!! So that really made my morning...

Now I know a lot of people might think it's pretty silly getting excited about earning Fitbit "badges" or the little stickers we get at the meetings... But I don't care... I love them even if it is a little bit corny sometimes... And they seem to be working for me... Since I've walked the length of Italy!!! And lost 55 lbs!!! In the past year!!!

So here's wishing everyone here a great week!
Old 05-17-2015, 02:24 PM   #54  
ugggg.....

I saw the ad for the join for free, so I did. Three weigh ins later I am six pounds lighter.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:14 PM   #55  

TripSwitch- I LOVE your post today! I love seeing things put into perspective like "I've walked the length of Italy". What a fantastic accomplishment. My job used to have a site where you logged miles on Fitbit or UP and it led you on a walk around San Francisco or Washington DC and you unlocked certain landmarks along the way. It was a lot of fun and I've been looking for another site that has virtual tours like that with no luck.

Jules1215- Welcome! you're off to a great start!
Old 05-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #56  
Heading Downtown...

Congrats jules ... Way to Go! Sounds like you're off to a great start...

And Thanks Kitten ... That site you had at work sounds very cool... I would love something like that... It's funny but I had no idea when I was looking at my badges on Fitbit why it was telling me "You'll earn your next badge at 736 miles"... So it was a nice surprise...

And don't get me started about how crazy I get with climbing stairs with it... Since every couple of flights it tells you "You climbed the World's tallest something or other..." One day I did 115 floors not only to get the 100 floors in one day badge (I was trying to get to 125... But I had to quit at 115 because I thought I was going to die... Lol...) but I loved seeing all the things that I virtually "climbed"... It really was incredibly motivating.... Just thinking about it makes me want to try another attempt at the 125 floor badge....
Old 05-17-2015, 06:57 PM   #57  

TripSwitch.... I REALLY wish I would have known about that feature a couple of weeks ago. I bought a new Jawbone UP2 to replace my original UP and while I like it, it doesn't have any real motivating features. I would have loved to have this. Maybe I'll see if I can return the UP2 and get a Fitbit.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:33 PM   #58  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenIsOverIt View Post
TripSwitch.... I REALLY wish I would have known about that feature a couple of weeks ago. I bought a new Jawbone UP2 to replace my original UP and while I like it, it doesn't have any real motivating features. I would have loved to have this. Maybe I'll see if I can return the UP2 and get a Fitbit.
I'm still using the old Fitbit One... Actually that's why I never switched to the flex, because it didn't have the "floors" feature... But some of the newer Fitbits do, so I'm thinking about getting one of those... I'm just not sure I would like wearing something on my wrist all the time... Before my Fitbit I used to have the Nike Fuelband (still do actually...just don't use it anymore) and I definitely didn't like wearing that all the time... I've actually always liked the look of the Jawbone... Looks more comfortable too... But I've never tried one on...
Old 05-19-2015, 06:32 PM   #59  
Heading Downtown...

Hi all...

Had my meeting and weigh-in today... Almost wasn't going to go because I thought I gained... But decided to just deal with it...

So it turned out I'm down another -1.4 lbs!!!... So needless to say I'm very happy with that, especially with the way I ate this past weekend... And the best part is I got my first 5 lb sticker...!!! Lol...

So I'm down 5.6 lbs in only 2 weeks since rejoining meetings again... I don't know what it is, but for me there is just something about having to go and actually weigh-in at meetings that keeps me losing consistently... I love it!!!

Last edited by TripSwitch; 05-19-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:07 PM   #60  

TripSwitch that's AWESOME!!! Way to go!

I weighed in at 281.9 this morning. Two days to go before official weigh in. I'm pretty excited.

One thing I am NOT excited about... I think the Jawbone UP/ WW combo is giving me too many activity points. I don't put any in manually, just let it calculate from the UP band. Yesterday I had about 7000 steps and a 25 minute bike ride and it gave me 10 activity points. I don't care that much because I never eat my activity points, I just think it's being too generous with me.