Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 11:31 AM   #1  

Wink I'm back with a vengence......come join my crusade!!!

I'm back, and better than ever!!! I know I've said it before, and came back before.....I put the yo in yo yo dieting, but ladies and gents, this time is it....it's time for the gusto....no turning back, and taking no prisoners....I have my support system in check, and no bad buddy to bring me down, or atleast cheat WITH me...not going to happen this time....it's just me, myself, and I!!!.....

I'm taking it one step at a time, first I started watching my eating...and drinking more water, I'm not journaling yet...that will be my next step...
Plus I started moving my butt!!!! First walking and riding bike for about 40 minutes a day...I try to get SOME kind of activity in everyday. Now I'm doing that and adding The Firm exercise system everyother day to that. And after two full workouts from that, I now know why they say you can see results in 10 workouts or less....whooohooo...it works, and I feel great and waaaaaaay more energetic......so three weeks ago I was at 223.5, and last week 220, this week it's 217!!! Going in the right direction, can't wait to get to "one"derland!!
I've quit feeling sorry for myself....I've quit blaming others....I've quit sitting on my butt and making up excuses not to exercise. No one is going to do it for me....there's not some fairy diet godmother, to come along and waive her wand and give me the body of Britney Spears....I'm 28!!!! That body will not be coming back my way ever. I CAN however get MY body to be the best it can be, and I will!!! No more crying in dressing rooms, no more gorging on ice cream treats, no more insecurity in the bedroom!!! It's not going to happen!!!! I don't care what kind of cheesy catch phrazes I have to repeat to myself everyday in the mirror, I don't care if the hubby gets sick of hearing about the diet, I don't care if others don't see the results like I can......ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:19 PM   #2  

You go girl...you've got the right attitude. I love your name! I once told a friend (who's a size 8) that I could never be that size even if I lost weight-I said my bone structure wouldn't even be that small...well, yesterday I had to exchange a size 10 jeans for a size 8-they fit great!!!

You may not ever be Brittney Spears, but you can be the best you that you can be...keep up the great work!
Old 08-08-2003, 05:15 PM   #3  
Hot Stuff

Hi there! Not much action on this board these days, but you certainly light the place up with your motivation!

I've done WW in the past, have all my information still, and I'm going to start using it again tomorrow! I've done calorie counting recently, but I'm just not losing. If one point is 50 calories (correct me if I'm wrong!), 27 points is only 1350 calories. I've been eating 1600 - 1700 calories when counting calories.

I am working out every day (or trying!), doing 30-40 minutes cardio (usually treadmill or outside bike) and alternate upper and lower body weight training. I'm going to add back in some yoga.

So I'll join you on your quest! I'm pretty much in the same frame of mind that you are. My birthday was yesterday, and it marked four years that I've been trying to lose the weight and just playing with the same 15lbs over and over.

Let's do this together! I will check in every day and we'll keep each other on track. Game?
Old 08-09-2003, 05:55 PM   #4  

Talking YEA!!!

Hey Girls -- what motivation!!! I'm with you. I've lost about 50 lbs over the past year...that is the same 10 lbs. over and over. I'm starting NOW. WE CAN DO IT!!!
Old 08-09-2003, 06:07 PM   #5  
Hot Stuff

msumom... I like that...50 lbs, the same ten over and over. Glad you're going to join us!

I've delayed my start day until tomorrow. I talked DH into doing it with me. Not that he needs to lose...he's only 170lbs, but he's getting a belly and he doesn't like it! And he eats whatever I cook, so it'll be easy for him.

fatgirl8me, you still out there?

Anyone lurking want to join in?
Old 08-12-2003, 08:56 AM   #6  

Ok everyone....lets do it....
Sorry I've been MIA the last couple of days....summer is drawing to an end and it's busy, busy, busy here.
Been sticking to my FIRM dvd's every other day as instructed, but eating has been a little lacks. So Monday, I'm starting back with the points and WW....since I know it works for me when I stick to it.....last year lost nearly 30 lbs on it, but gained it back, you know how that goes!!
I wasn't even working out last time I lost that, and the pounds just melted away, so I'm hoping that the combination of the two is just the answer!!
So those of you who say this time is it, let's keep encouraging eachother right here, and get it done!!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 09:06 AM   #7  

Ok....I found new inspiration for those midday munchie attacks.....first off I put all the good treats downstairs in the deep freeze....so in typical lazy style don't want to walk down to get them....some days even that doesn't work. But then I put a few before and after pics up on the fridge.....what I did is put together a hodge podge of "fat" pics on one side of the side by side fridge, and a new improved skinny pic, with the help of some god-awfully fit model's body, and my head on the other side. So this way when I'm going to the fridge, I have a choice!!! It really works.....
Also when I think I'm hungry, I ask myself how hungry am I??? Then I do the green bean test....and if I'm hungry enough to eat a can of green beans, then I'm hungry!! If not, I drink a glass of ice water......always ice water because your body burns extra calories, just warming it up!!
Talk to y'all again soon,
Michelle
Old 08-12-2003, 09:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/173/160-ish

Height: 5'7"

New to 3FatChicks and looking for some support

Good morning all!

I subscribed to this post yesterday and after re-reading it again I thought it was time for me to jump in and post. I have sort of been lurking around the board since joining last week, not sure where to post or what to post.

But this message has kept me coming back, so here I am posting.

I am currently going to WW, but haven't been having much success on-program. I do really great during the day, I control my eating, really watch what's going in and journal, journal, journal. I'm finding though, once I walk out of work and start to relax from the day, all my good behaviour goes out the window and dinner is just a write off. Then I find I can't control myself around sweets and can't refuse them when they are offered.

I am really ready to lose weight and have about 80 pounds to lose before my wedding next September, but I just can't seem to get any motivation right now, especially to get my butt back to the gym.

Any help would be great, but I would definitely like in on the challenge and the support!

Thanks...

Last edited by Humber; 08-12-2003 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:36 AM   #9  
Hot Stuff

YAY!!! I was afraid this was going to fizzle out and die. Glad you're back, Michelle, and welcome Humber!

I did my first day on WW points yesterday, and feel great about it! I ended at 25.5 points and feel totally in control again.

Humber, do you plan your meals for the day, or do you just journal as you go? Maybe planning your meals for each day will give you the control you need after work. Would knowing that you have a preplanned meal and/or snack that you can have without blowing it work for you? Or what about beginning your journal with the evening meal if it is your largest meal of the day, and using breakfast and lunch of the next day to complete your daily points intake? Many people find this works better for them, because breakfast and lunch are easier to do on less points. Also, if it's sweets you crave, have you checked out any of the WW recipes for desserts? If you plan them into your day you can have them guilt free! Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

Michelle, good idea with the before/after pics. I might just do that! Gawd, if I waited until I could eat an entire can of green beans, I'd never eat! I can eat them, but not a whole can at once.

Speaking of green beans, how about a batch of 0 point WW Garden Vegetable soup to keep us filled up and out of the junk food snacks?

Let's do this!

Old 08-12-2003, 12:40 PM   #10  

Welcome Humber....all I can say is I know from experience that if you do the WWpoints system, and stay true to it....then you WILL see results....obviousy otherwise I wouldn't be going back to it.....I just know it works. But on the other hand I also know what it's like to start wavering from it too.
I like to get in the frame of mind of making it a challenge....I love finding low point snacks so I don't deprive my sweet tooth.... some of my fav sweet snacks are skinny cow ice cream sandwiches (2pts), 1 cup mixed berries and a ff yogurt (3pts), a bag of 98%fat free kennel corn popcorn (4pts) 1 cup of caramel apple salad which is to die for (3pts)
Caramel apple salad
1 container of FF coolwhip
1 can of crushed pineapple in natural juices
1 large box or 2 small boxes of sugar free butterscotch instant pudding
4-5 Braeburn apples sliced into small pieces
and stir
You can eat a whole cup of this (8oz) for only 3 pts, and because of the fiber in the apples it's filling, and it tastes like you're cheating...that's the best part!!!
Other fav. snacks of mine are baked tortilla chips and ff refried beans and nachos....some times I throw in ff cheese 1/4 cup(1pt), or ff sour cream...It's either 1pt or free per serving.
I do alot of dry cereal....cherrios ...I love...a cup of those and skim milk is 3pts.
I try instead of having point consuming meals to snack all day on 2 0r 3 pt snacks....this way I satisfy that feeling of stuffing stuff in my mouth, and I'm not ever on an empty stomach, so less cheating.
And even when I was losing alot of weight last year, I still gave myself a "cheat night" that was no hold's barred.....so that cheesecake that I was craving all week would be at that meal, but the next morning it was back to business!
I hope these ideas help a little, I'll try to share a few more here and there.
Haven't weighed myself yet this week, but have been sticking to The Firm workouts every other day , and cardio on the off days, so that makes me feel good no matter what that number on the scale turns out to be. We're going camping Thurs-Sunday, so I'll be missing in action again this weekend, and hence that's why I'm starting back with the points and journaling on Monday instead of right away. But plan on walking the whole time I'm going, I feel like if I'm atleast doing that part, then when I start on with the rest, things will click.
Talk to you soon y'all,
Michelle
ps....remember nothing tastes as good, as thin feels!!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:53 PM   #11  

Great ideas here...

Humber, maybe you should try starting your points for the day with your supper. I know it works for alot of people who are having trouble in the evenings.

I am also a snacker/sweet eater. Lately I have been eating Deli Select Meats (you get 7 slices for one point) with sling cheese (also 1 point) and dill pickle spears (0point) I divide the cheese and roll up the cheese and pickle in the meat.

I also like the angelfood cake and pineapple with FF cool whip.

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-12-2003, 05:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/173/160-ish

Height: 5'7"

Default Thanks!

Thanks for all your kind words, wonderful suggestions and most of all, your support and encouragement.

I sat myself down at lunch with my journal and allowed myself two pages to whine and complain about everything that has been bothering me the last couple of weeks. Then I flipped the page and started to look for the silver lining.

I have alot of things going on right now, but there are so many wonderful things that I have to look forward to and I keep forgetting about those things.

So, I have had an attitude adjustment...I am going to work this week, day by day, to stay ON PROGRAM all week. I am going to take your suggestions for snacking and my sweet tooth and I'm really going to watch what I'm doing.

I'm also going to kick my butt back to the gym, so hopefully that helps.

So, my little pitty party is over and I'm ready to get back on track. If it's to be, it's up to me...if I want to be healthy, then it's up to me to take the steps. No one is responsible for my successes but me.

Thanks again and I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:42 PM   #13  

Humber -- I know exactly what you mean - at work, I go strictly by the "book", not even hungry, but
SOON as I get home, I honestly just lose control - eating whatever is in sight. I thought today that I needed to tell my family that I could not buy any more sweets, because I just cannot seem to control myself. I know we can - we just have to get in the right mind...That's why I responded to this message before -- it seemed that fat84me and wildfire are ready to lose, also. With each other's help, I think we all can lose. I want to be skinny for my dd's college graduation in May.

Fat84me -- I'm going to try the green bean trick -love that idea!!!

Wildfire -- how ya doing today??

Good Luck!! We can do this......
Old 08-13-2003, 02:49 AM   #14  
Hot Stuff

Another day OP. Ended at 24.5 points. Did an hour of Yoga for Weight Loss this afternoon.

I've been having a fat day. One of those days that you feel incredibly huge and wonder how the heck it happened. Tomorrow is another day, and I'm working on the weight loss!

Michelle, that apple salad sounds divine! I'll be trying that.

Humber, that's the spirit!

msumom, sounds like we're all ready to do this! We all know our weak spots, now we have to address them. For me, it's mindless eating....munching because I'm bored, tired, stressed, whatever...especially in the evenings. So for me, no eating after 8pm. (We often don't have dinner until 7:00 - 7:30pm) Brush my teeth and I'm done for the day. Can you plan a snack to have when you get home while dinner is cooking? Chew gum? Drink water?
Old 08-13-2003, 09:44 AM   #15  

Good Morning-Today is the day I start over...I have been having this PMS thingy going on. Yesterday I went to a party and had 36 points! I am supposed to be under 25! Today, I woke up with my period-I guess that is why I ate everything in sight! So far today I have had 2 nectarines. I am so close to goal to lose my footing now...help me...
Closed Thread