Old 04-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, issues today, but this is the first time I've had any trouble with the app since I started in Feb. It's annoying that the web-based service is also down today. I am going to have to be on my best behavior
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:48 AM   #32  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Ugh.. hi guys. :\ I am reluctantly coming here to admit that I have fallen waay off track over the past month.

I only joined weight watchers 6 weeks or so ago and did really well for the first couple of weeks but really lost track and started eating bad again once I got my womanly friend... I know it's an excuse but it's true. I just craved a real burger which I did not track, and then it went down from there. I am trying my hardest to get back on track, and will be going to the grocery store at lunch today so I have some food for the next few days/week.

I really need some inspiration for my lunches and dinners - what do you guys usually do for food? Maybe we could post what we eat and the points so we give each other ideas? That's kind of where I am stuck at the moment.
Savemykissesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:42 AM   #33  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savemykissesx View Post
Ugh.. hi guys. :\ I am reluctantly coming here to admit that I have fallen waay off track over the past month.

I only joined weight watchers 6 weeks or so ago and did really well for the first couple of weeks but really lost track and started eating bad again once I got my womanly friend... I know it's an excuse but it's true. I just craved a real burger which I did not track, and then it went down from there. I am trying my hardest to get back on track, and will be going to the grocery store at lunch today so I have some food for the next few days/week.

I really need some inspiration for my lunches and dinners - what do you guys usually do for food? Maybe we could post what we eat and the points so we give each other ideas? That's kind of where I am stuck at the moment.
Hi... I just rejoined WW this week... I've done it before and done really well with it... So I'm hoping for a repeat performance... Lol...

Not sure how active this thread is, but I'd love to try and post what I'm eating and the points...

Actually right now I'm pretty fortunate since I pretty much do all the shopping and cooking so I have total control over what I'm eating right now... I'm choosing not to eat out and I'm pretty much weighing and measuring everything so I can be pretty exact about how many points I'm eating.... I'm only 15lbs from goal and I'm determined to do whatever it takes to get there... Although I'm still not very good about making "meal plans" in advance... I mean I buy lots of healthy stuff so it's in the house, but I would really like to start sitting down and do something like plan out all my meals for the following week... Not that it needs to be "written in stone" but really just do my best to stick with it... This way I'll be less likely to "just grab something"... AND I know how that goes... Lol...

So for breakfast today I had...

1 egg and 2 egg whites scrambled with 3 slices of turkey "bacon" and 1/2 a pink grapefruit... and coffee with some almond milk "creamer"... All for only 6 pts

Now I guess I better go have another cup of coffee to get motivated to start working on that food "plan" idea I was talking about... Since I have no idea what I'm making for lunch or dinner tonight... Lol...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:30 PM   #34  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

Haha ! I do much better when I have a food plan written out, too. My boyfriend and I used to do it every week, but last night I went grocery shopping and got myself some stuff to have, too. Breakfast isn't exactly my favorite thing so I usually don't make it a big meal/large pointer but sometimes I do..

Today... for breakfast - light and fit strawberry yogurt for 2pts
Lunch - a honey turkey & cheese sandwich...
2 slices of light Italian bread: 2 pts
2 slices of Honey Turkey breast: 2 pts
1 slice of 2% red. fat American cheese: 1pt
My sandwich was 5pts and I also had strawberries and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese for 2 pts so my lunch was 7pts.

I'm really trying to get back on track for my own sake, I will do better with my eating out and staying on track from this point forward! I WILL I WILL!
Old 04-23-2015, 06:13 PM   #35  
Less of a Better Me

I don't usually like to cook or do much for breakfast. It is usually either a cheese stick and berries or sometimes a Quest bar or a Kind bar. If I get up late, I just skip it altogether.

Things that I eat for lunch or dinner a lot:

Salad - I make a large salad with lots of greens and veggies and make my own balsamic vinaigrette (usually 1/2 T. olive oil and 1 T. balsamic vinegar). For protein, I usually put in either some chopped chicken, tuna pouch, salmon pouch, 2 T. hummus or 2 T. cheese (usually feta). I might put in a few almonds or walnuts.

Frittata - I posted this entire recipe on my blog a week or two ago, but basically I stir fry veggies in oil then mix eggs and pour over the veggies and cook until done. Sometimes I put in cheese, pressed garlic and basil (or some combination of them).

Rotisserrie chicken - I eat some chicken breast (no skin). I usually make some veggies to go with this - asparagus, green beans, stir fry veggies, whatever.

I make a light meal sometimes of a cheese stick (chopped up), berries, a couple of triscuits, maybe an ounce or chicken (but maybe not) and maybe a few nuts.

Hummus - I spread it on a tortilla and then fold together and eat. I eat with some veggies or fruit.

Quesadilla - 2 low carb La Tortilla whole wheat tortillas with 2 ounces of chicken, some low fat cheese and some Sriracha sauce in between

Tuna Salad - Made with just a little reduced fat olive oil mayo and a chopped egg and some Sriracha sauce. I don't usually eat it with bread but can make a sandwich with it

Fish - I buy this Tilapia Pesto fish filets from Costco and have them with veggies. Also there is a Sea Salt and Roasted Garlic Mahi that I buy frozen at Costco and have with veggies.

Salmon - I sometimes make salmon cakes. For the breadcrumbs, I instead process oatmeal and use that since most breadcrumbs are refined grain.

Main Snacks I have - 1 oz. pistachio nuts (have this almost every day), 6o to 100 calories worth of dark chocolate (at least 72%). Occasionally a Vitatop. Berries. Cheese stick.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:44 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

TripSwitch, I find the WW app pretty rubbish, the MyFitnessPal one is so much better which is another reason why I'm considering ending my online subscription and just going with MyFitnessPal to lose the last 10kg, although I'm reluctant to stop something I've had success with. I currently count on both WeightWatchers and MyFitnessPal and it seems silly to continue to pay.

I've been away Mon-Fri for work and I'm really proud of myself for how well I've eaten, especially since I haven't been able to exercise due to the truly insane weather.

Haven't been able to hop on the scales every day like I normally would so will be interesting to see how well I do this week! I am so close to being out of the obese category and I can't wait to get there!
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:31 PM   #37  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Haha ! I do much better when I have a food plan written out, too. My boyfriend and I used to do it every week, but last night I went grocery shopping and got myself some stuff to have, too. Breakfast isn't exactly my favorite thing so I usually don't make it a big meal/large pointer but sometimes I do..

Today... for breakfast - light and fit strawberry yogurt for 2pts
Lunch - a honey turkey & cheese sandwich...
2 slices of light Italian bread: 2 pts
2 slices of Honey Turkey breast: 2 pts
1 slice of 2% red. fat American cheese: 1pt
My sandwich was 5pts and I also had strawberries and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese for 2 pts so my lunch was 7pts.

I'm really trying to get back on track for my own sake, I will do better with my eating out and staying on track from this point forward! I WILL I WILL!
That looks like you're staying on track to me... AND YES YOU WILL! YES YOU WILL!

I had a HUGE salad today for lunch (I think I ate like a whole head of lettuce today...lol...) and I've been experimenting with different "zero" point dressings and adding 1tsp of really good EVOO to help the flavor for just 1pt... I also had some tuna with 1tbsp of mayo with a few whole wheat crackers... It did all come out to 11pts total, but it was A LOT of food and it was very filling... Which was good and I wasn't very hungry at dinner... Just had 4oz of the roast chicken that I made for my family's dinner and a glass of skim milk and I was fine... If I get hungry again later, I'll just have some fruit... So my dinner was only 6pts...

It's my birthday this weekend... So my family always like to do "cake"... And even though I'm not usually a cake person, we've been getting these really good ones at a local bakery the last few years and so now I'm actually looking forward to it.... I'm sure that the cake that we get there probably has a bizillion calories in it...lol... But I've been saving all my "weekly's" and I even have a few activity pts too... So I should be good
Old 04-23-2015, 08:36 PM   #38  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
I don't usually like to cook or do much for breakfast. It is usually either a cheese stick and berries or sometimes a Quest bar or a Kind bar. If I get up late, I just skip it altogether.

Things that I eat for lunch or dinner a lot:

Salad - I make a large salad with lots of greens and veggies and make my own balsamic vinaigrette (usually 1/2 T. olive oil and 1 T. balsamic vinegar). For protein, I usually put in either some chopped chicken, tuna pouch, salmon pouch, 2 T. hummus or 2 T. cheese (usually feta). I might put in a few almonds or walnuts.

Frittata - I posted this entire recipe on my blog a week or two ago, but basically I stir fry veggies in oil then mix eggs and pour over the veggies and cook until done. Sometimes I put in cheese, pressed garlic and basil (or some combination of them).

Rotisserrie chicken - I eat some chicken breast (no skin). I usually make some veggies to go with this - asparagus, green beans, stir fry veggies, whatever.

I make a light meal sometimes of a cheese stick (chopped up), berries, a couple of triscuits, maybe an ounce or chicken (but maybe not) and maybe a few nuts.

Hummus - I spread it on a tortilla and then fold together and eat. I eat with some veggies or fruit.

Quesadilla - 2 low carb La Tortilla whole wheat tortillas with 2 ounces of chicken, some low fat cheese and some Sriracha sauce in between

Tuna Salad - Made with just a little reduced fat olive oil mayo and a chopped egg and some Sriracha sauce. I don't usually eat it with bread but can make a sandwich with it

Fish - I buy this Tilapia Pesto fish filets from Costco and have them with veggies. Also there is a Sea Salt and Roasted Garlic Mahi that I buy frozen at Costco and have with veggies.

Salmon - I sometimes make salmon cakes. For the breadcrumbs, I instead process oatmeal and use that since most breadcrumbs are refined grain.

Main Snacks I have - 1 oz. pistachio nuts (have this almost every day), 6o to 100 calories worth of dark chocolate (at least 72%). Occasionally a Vitatop. Berries. Cheese stick.
This all sounds so good... Thanks for some really great ideas... I'm definitely going to try a few of these...
Old 04-23-2015, 09:00 PM   #39  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickety_switch View Post
TripSwitch, I find the WW app pretty rubbish, the MyFitnessPal one is so much better which is another reason why I'm considering ending my online subscription and just going with MyFitnessPal to lose the last 10kg, although I'm reluctant to stop something I've had success with. I currently count on both WeightWatchers and MyFitnessPal and it seems silly to continue to pay.

I've been away Mon-Fri for work and I'm really proud of myself for how well I've eaten, especially since I haven't been able to exercise due to the truly insane weather.

Haven't been able to hop on the scales every day like I normally would so will be interesting to see how well I do this week! I am so close to being out of the obese category and I can't wait to get there!
I've been using MFP too and I really like it also... I'm probably going to keep using it as well, since I'm not quite ready to give up calorie counting just yet... And it also links with my Fitbit, although I haven't been paying much attention to the amount of calories it tells me I should be eating.... Perhaps I should've been and maybe I'd be at goal already...lol...

The WW app is definitely better than it was a few years ago when I last was doing WW... and I like that Fitbit links to it now... But it could definitely be improved... I'm planning on starting to weigh-in at meetings, since I know for me that seems to really keep me on track and plus I'm determined to get "lifetime" membership status this time... Last time I made it to goal, but of course stopped going....

Now if they had a "Lifetime Yo-Yo Dieter" status... Well, I would have achieved that a long, long time ago....
Old 04-24-2015, 11:25 AM   #40  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
That looks like you're staying on track to me... AND YES YOU WILL! YES YOU WILL!

I had a HUGE salad today for lunch (I think I ate like a whole head of lettuce today...lol...) and I've been experimenting with different "zero" point dressings and adding 1tsp of really good EVOO to help the flavor for just 1pt... I also had some tuna with 1tbsp of mayo with a few whole wheat crackers... It did all come out to 11pts total, but it was A LOT of food and it was very filling... Which was good and I wasn't very hungry at dinner... Just had 4oz of the roast chicken that I made for my family's dinner and a glass of skim milk and I was fine... If I get hungry again later, I'll just have some fruit... So my dinner was only 6pts...

It's my birthday this weekend... So my family always like to do "cake"... And even though I'm not usually a cake person, we've been getting these really good ones at a local bakery the last few years and so now I'm actually looking forward to it.... I'm sure that the cake that we get there probably has a bizillion calories in it...lol... But I've been saving all my "weekly's" and I even have a few activity pts too... So I should be good
Happy early birthday! My birthday is next Thursday and I am hoping the girls at the office actually do NOT get me a cake, haha it's just not worth it to me - though I do love icecream cake. :| It was also a few girls birthdays yesterday so they got a cake for them and I am proud of myself for staying away from it.

Last night I ended up having a pizza that I just came across on Pinterest, it's a flatbread (2pts) with sauce that is 0pts and some turkey pepperoni that I only put 10 slices of and it was only 1pt, I used 1/3 cup of 2% red fat Mozzarella cheese and that was 3pts, I also put mushrooms (my fave) on it, came to a total of 6pts! It's definitely my new "go to" as of right now.. yum yum! I was still kind of hungry after and had enough points left over that I could've had a second one, but I didn't.. instead I wanted to eat up my cherry Garcia froyo, which ended up being 10pts but it's gone now! *dance dance* And next time I'll prob. just make some veggies on the side or a salad and do it that way.

This morning I had my usual 2pt yogurt and will be having my same sandwich as yesterday but with an extra slice of cheese.. ;P and will be having 2pts (12) chips salt & vinegar kettle cooked along with some strawberries. Tonight I am going to my aunts/cousins house to see my niece and nephew and cousin and so I am hoping I can just get a salad from somewhere close to their house for din din.

Sounds like you did great for your lunch (sounds delicious) and atleast you were good for dinner because you were so full from your lunch! Great job!!
Old 04-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #41  
Hi, I'm Danielle!

The last time I 'dieted,' I used myfitness pal & had luck with it, liked it a lot but after losing 15lbs I ended up rewarding myself with Chinese take out (my favorite thing) and couldn't get back on track from that point forward.. now years later (it feels like) I am back at it with MORE weight to lose and figured I'd give WW a fair chance/try.. I like it when I stick to it and WILL be sticking to it from now on at least.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:05 PM   #42  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post

The WW app is definitely better than it was a few years ago when I last was doing WW... and I like that Fitbit links to it now... But it could definitely be improved... I'm planning on starting to weigh-in at meetings, since I know for me that seems to really keep me on track and plus I'm determined to get "lifetime" membership status this time... Last time I made it to goal, but of course stopped going....

Now if they had a "Lifetime Yo-Yo Dieter" status... Well, I would have achieved that a long, long time ago....
LOL.... I think yo yo dieter describes most of the lifetimers in my meeting, including myself. Now that I am back at lifetime and know that i need to keep weighing in and going to meetings each week. Kind of like AA, I meet the accountability.

I do not mind the app, have not had too many problems with it.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:36 PM   #43  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Happy early birthday! My birthday is next Thursday and I am hoping the girls at the office actually do NOT get me a cake, haha it's just not worth it to me - though I do love icecream cake. :| It was also a few girls birthdays yesterday so they got a cake for them and I am proud of myself for staying away from it.

Last night I ended up having a pizza that I just came across on Pinterest, it's a flatbread (2pts) with sauce that is 0pts and some turkey pepperoni that I only put 10 slices of and it was only 1pt, I used 1/3 cup of 2% red fat Mozzarella cheese and that was 3pts, I also put mushrooms (my fave) on it, came to a total of 6pts! It's definitely my new "go to" as of right now.. yum yum! I was still kind of hungry after and had enough points left over that I could've had a second one, but I didn't.. instead I wanted to eat up my cherry Garcia froyo, which ended up being 10pts but it's gone now! *dance dance* And next time I'll prob. just make some veggies on the side or a salad and do it that way.

This morning I had my usual 2pt yogurt and will be having my same sandwich as yesterday but with an extra slice of cheese.. ;P and will be having 2pts (12) chips salt & vinegar kettle cooked along with some strawberries. Tonight I am going to my aunts/cousins house to see my niece and nephew and cousin and so I am hoping I can just get a salad from somewhere close to their house for din din.

Sounds like you did great for your lunch (sounds delicious) and atleast you were good for dinner because you were so full from your lunch! Great job!!
Thank you! And Happy Early Birthday to you too!

And I hear what you're saying about "cakes" at work... Lol... I made the mistake of saying it was my birthday this weekend when someone asked me what I was doing this weekend... And then I realized it was the person who likes to get everyone a cake and a card... So they were so excited and immediately said "Oh, we'll have to get you a cake next week!!!"... So I lied and said "Well... I'm doing the Paleo Diet, so just get me a watermelon and put some candles in it." They just laughed... So I probably have to blow out some candles and "take a bite and be polite..." next week...lol...

That pizza on flatbread sounds good... I think I'm going to have to try that this weekend... Before I decided to start back up with WW I'd been "low carbing hardcore"... lol..., so I haven't had anything like that in forever...

Today for lunch I decided to poach some fish in broth and have it with asparagus... I had some fresh wild caught Icelandic Cod fillets (only 2pts for 4oz) that I poached in broth with just some chopped fresh parsley and garlic, and a squeeze of fresh lemon and just a tsp of really good EVOO... and I put that on the asparagus too.... Simple, but pretty good... And I decided to have a pink grapefruit for "dessert"... It was actually very sweet and really hit the spot...

One of my new "treats" is 2oz of dark chocolate almond milk in a coffee... and it's only 1pt... So I'm going to have one of those now to perk myself up a bit...

Not sure about dinner... But I might try and work some pasta into my pts budget... We'll see...
Old 04-25-2015, 06:14 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Feeling really happy- lost 0.8kg (1.7lbs)! And I was away for work Mon-Fri and it was my fiance's birthday Friday night and we went out for dinner so all in all, a great week!

My third goal was to be in the 60s by the end of May and I'm well on track for that- only 3.2kg to go! And only 1.2kg until I'm no longer in the obese category! I honestly would not have weighed anything with a 6 in front since I probably left high school. Feeling super proud of myself.
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #45  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickety_switch View Post
Feeling really happy- lost 0.8kg (1.7lbs)! And I was away for work Mon-Fri and it was my fiance's birthday Friday night and we went out for dinner so all in all, a great week!

My third goal was to be in the 60s by the end of May and I'm well on track for that- only 3.2kg to go! And only 1.2kg until I'm no longer in the obese category! I honestly would not have weighed anything with a 6 in front since I probably left high school. Feeling super proud of myself.
Congrats on the great week! Down 1.7lbs is awesome!

I had my first weigh-in yesterday and I was pretty surprised to be down 3.4lbs... Even though it was my first week, considering I've been actively dieting for almost a year now, I wasn't expecting much... I guess my body liked the change in plan... Although I might have been a bit too strict... I did not use any of my "weekly's" or any of my activity points... There were a few times I was still a bit hungry in the evening, but I just had some extra fruit and that seemed to do the trick.... On my last plan I was only allowed 1 serving of fruit a day... So WW is a nice change of pace for me, although I am still trying to keep it to 2 servings of fruit a day, because I know I can easily overeat it... Although I don't think that was the reason I had gotten so heavy...

So today is my birthday and I was thinking of making Eggs Benedict and just having a half portion, but I decided I didn't feel like going to the trouble of making Hollandaise... So for my "treat" for brunch today I decided to make an omelette with 1egg and 3 egg whites and some tomato and feta... and have a ruby red grapefruit with it.... It was delicious and very satisfying, and only 6 pts, so I was happy.

Not sure about dinner tonight... I made a roast for my family's dinner, so I could have some of that, but I actually might just poach some chicken and then just steam some vegetables to have with it.... And I have a "plan" for the whole cake situation, but to be honest even though it's my birthday I'm not really in the mood for cake, so I might just politely say "No Thank You" and leave it at that... We'll see...