Old 03-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 186/184/145

Height: 5' 5"

Mrs D, I like Flex Points because I've used them before and am familiar with them. And I don't want to rejoin...yet. I did try the pp program and didn't get very far with it. I'm not sure why but the weight didn't come off as easily. Maybe that is because I am older now and everything takes longer. :-)

I work from home as well. I donned my pedometer today but work has been very busy. I'll shoot for 10,000. Thanks for the ideas though...Yes, I definitely need to dedicate some time to move around and not work on a spreadsheet for 20 years. It's just not what we were made to do.

Have a great day! I'm off to get a ticker!
pjk1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:16 PM   #47  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

Down .4 today. Slowly getting to goal. 1.6 to go.

The kids are off this week for March Break, so it has been a different juggle this week. Trying to fit in my workouts, keep the kids busy, stay on track and get some work done.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 02:54 AM   #48  
Proud US Navy Wife

just a quick post to say I am still here! I've been running around and having some issues with one of my biggest downfalls - grazing. specifically when i get home from school, which is crazy because i heat up something to eat anyway, but for the past couple days I have been eating some of my mom's leftover spaghetti before I do. So the scale will probably go up a little this week.

I don't have time to reply to everyone (sorry!) But I did want to say to who it was that asked how we deal with people's reaction to being on ww and/or portion control... I personally don't discuss it. my food is my business. When I do want to talk about it, I come here. (To be honest, this is mainly because I have noticed a lot of dieting talk is mixed with negative self-talk, and I try to stay far, far away from that!)
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:39 AM   #49  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Y'all. Zumba. For real. AMAZE-BALLS. How did I never try it before now?!?! I'm addicted. Holy sh*t. Once this half marathon is over Zumba will be my new cardio jam. So I went last Friday and then I went this Monday and plan on going tomorrow. I earned over 10APs according to my fitbit! Crazy!

So, my half marathon is on Sunday, which means starting today I'm ramping up my carbs. Ugh. I know I'll gain weight this Saturday at my WI, but I'm trying to think of that fact that I'll do better on Sunday as a result. LOL

I'm definitely nervous for the half, but also really excited to cross another one off my bucket list! Not sure I'll ever run another one, but at least I'll be able to say I've done it.

I'm taking a break from running after the half. Like a long break. lol. Switching to Zumba and weights for a while. At least until I start training in May for a triathlon in July.

Enough rambling about me!

MRSD - regarding the grapefruit, here's my guess. So the tracker does a nutrition scan for prepackaged food. Kinda like how the recipe builder adds the nutrition of all the fruits and veggies you add to a recipe which hikes up your points, I bet it's the same with prepackaged fruit. If there is really no sugar added, it'll be 0pp. HA on winning back the blanket you made! We won a raffle at our HOA meeting. No clue what we won, but apparently it's coming soon? LOL What'd you find out about surgery?

Elaine - WOOHOO on the huge loss!!!

Flickety - I've learned that the cleaner the diet, the cleaner my tummy is. Kinda like booze, I lose my tolerance for fried foods. They just bother me now.

Sunarie - how cute of your soon! Hope the ex is behaving better!!! House shopping was so stressful, but SO much fun.

PJK - yeah, I like my bourbon. I had to cut WAY back. Like only to the weekends. Whomp whomp. I had to stop saying, "two fingers worth" and start measuring. What I do now is put my glass on the food scale and just fill it there. It makes tracking much easier. Also, because WW is judgy, it automatically added it to my favorites, so also easier to track. I think the problem with the new plan is that it makes fruit free, honestly. I like the older plan where it counted fruit. What I've learned with the new plan (which I do follow) is that I don't eat as much fruit, but that's also because of the carb count. I also have a sedentary job. I have a FitBit and set a daily step goal for before I leave work (and go to the gym). Maybe try that with your pedometer? I make myself get up every hour and just walk for 5 minutes. Use a bathroom further away. Things like that.

Dixie - SO CLOSE!!!

Fae - I have to watch my grazing too. I've been trying to talk myself into setting out some veggies to graze on instead.

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 03-18-2015 at 07:40 AM.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:00 PM   #50  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

I have been doing a good job staying on track and making WW just part of my lifestyle. I do give myself a day here and there to go off plan and not think about points. However, when I do I feel awful afterward and realize that:
  1. My body has become accustomed to good eating.
  2. WW mental conditioning is working as I still think about nutritional values naturally, even when I'm not trying to.
  3. I probably only want to have a glass or two of alcohol or a bite of that over-point food and not indulge too much or else it won't be satisfying.
Yesterday I cooked and ate a small amount of baked corned beef and Colcannon (potatoes and kale). I used 1.5 lb of kale in the Colcannon, but made it all potato without cutting it with cauliflower. I also used a lot of butter and some cream. I only ate about 3 oz of the beef and a cup of the Colcannon. I drank a couple of glasses of wine and a couple of shots of Bailey's Irish Cream throughout the evening. I'm not diabetic, but the sugar rush from the carbs and the fat made me feel heavy and blah. I actually looked forward to getting back on track today! lol

I only have a moment to post at work and no time to read, so forgive me for not commenting about others. I send congrats for your successes, comfort and strength for those that need it and all the best vibes to everyone ------------------->

Last edited by archychick; 03-18-2015 at 03:02 PM.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:50 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/130

Height: 5'0

SoMuch: I'm so glad you're enjoying Zumba! I hope at some point I can get back to it. On the cup of the grapefruit it says: grapefruit, in grapefruit juice. No other ingredients! Wouldn't you know it, the surgeon's office called me Tuesday morning to reschedule. If I had called them in such short notice they'd penalize me. My rescheduled appointment isn't until April!!

I have Skinnytaste Banana Bread (Squares) in the oven now and Chicken Cacciatore simmering in the crock pot so I can't spend too much time here. I hope everyone is having a good week!
MrsD2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:43 AM   #52  

Too much, thanks! I sought out the spot on wine glass that holds exactly one glass, not 2 (oopsy), and add ice to each one as to stretch it out a little. I've also realized my pantry is not totally ww ready. Regular eggs vs. egg whites...things like that.

I have a boatload of baby carrots and celery to chomp on though. Yesterday, I grabbed my usual box of open Wheat Thins, put my hand in the bag, and closed up the box and went to the carrots and celery. A pre-ww normal day would have been about 10 crackers with high fat cheese on each.

So, it's the little things I hope that will make a difference.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-19-2015, 10:51 AM   #53  

Okay, I'm a dope. How do I get the ticker to show up?
Old 03-19-2015, 12:06 PM   #54  
Sassafrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjk1963 View Post
[B] I've also realized my pantry is not totally ww ready. Regular eggs vs. egg whites...things like that.

A pre-ww normal day would have been about 10 crackers with high fat cheese on each.
But regular eggs and crackers with HF cheese are perfectly good foods!

I had two regular boiled eggs with a cup of oatmeal for breakfast.

10 crackers and an ounce of HF cheese would be probably around 5-6pp depending on the cracker type.

One of the things I LOVE about WW is that I can eat whatever I want. Foods that I like.

Actually, I'm sitting here eating a 5pp chocolate mousse oreo parfait! It's worth every single point and totally hitting the spot.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:27 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Ok, dumb question that I could probably google, but I want the WW perspective: why do we need to drink so much water?

Is it because it fills you up, or does it actually boost weight loss in some way? TIA!
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #56  
Sassafrass

So, your body can't really distinguish hunger from thirst. Often, if you feel hungry, it isn't that drinking a glass of water will fill you up, but so much that you were just thirsty and it quenched that need.

So I would imagine that staying well hydrated helps you know the difference.

Additionally, I find that drinking plenty reduces cramps while running/working out and also flushes out all the sodium.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:20 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

hello! new here! I spent quite a few months over on ideal protein, lost all sort of desire...gained a bit back....stopping before I gain ALL back plus some. I did WW in the past (high school) but a lot has changed. My roomie is on it and has been successful. I'm excited to have found this forum because I was so driven by the Ideal Protein one that I know this will help! Excited to get to know yall!
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:16 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Just a quick check in. Welcome to new people!

Really busy with stuff for purchasing a house. Working more to give us more of a cushion money-wise. So still failing at getting exercise in as I'm working during my normally scheduled time to exercise. Have an officially scheduled house tour saturday afternoon. Going to look at 5 houses. Fingers crossed we find one we love and can make an offer!

With everything going on I haven't really been weighing daily, but I have been on plan.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 04:54 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/190

Thanks for the info, Somuch - makes total sense. Sigh. I need to drink more water

Welcome all new folks!
elaineindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:30 PM   #60  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Found an after work cocktail alternative for the weekdays; no-sodium seltzer, ice and a splash of a Crystal no/low cal mixer like appletini or pina colada.

MrsD: I love the recipes that I see posted from Skinnytaste and often save them. I really need to get on that website and look around. A healthy banana bread sounds like just the healthy snack my family needs this week!

pjk: Noting the spot on the wine glass was crucial for me! I too was doubling without realizing it! I make mine at the 8oz mark instead of 6oz which keeps me from wanting a second glass. I think to get to use tickers and such in your signature you have to have a certain amount of posts (15?). It's not too many. I loved choosing my ticker and marker. lol

elaine: Water also regulates the body (temp, fluid levels etc). I find that if I am not hydrated enough I feel lethargic and my system doesn't 'run' as smoothly.

Sun: Looks like you will need a lot of energy for your house hunt! lol Enjoy your tours and may you find the perfect home for you and yours! Nice job staying on plan during this busy time!
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote