Old 02-01-2015, 12:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 354/307/200

Height: 5'3

Default WW- activity points, first 30 doesn't count?

Hi there, I've been on weight watchers since july and I had asked our group leader about banking activity points and how that worked. She said if I use a fit bit, jawbone, Active link, its 1 for 1- but, if I'm using a pedometer, your suppose to give the "first 30 minutes out of the kindness of you're heart" then start to count anything after the first 30 min. I've never heard of this before. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? Thanks!-Bev
bperezlavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:14 AM   #2  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

I think it has to do with fit bit etc. will take into account regular activity. Eg. 5000 steps a day is just normal (no APs) but after that you will start getting APs. If you just use a pedometer, and you count every step towards APs you will be over accumulating and then over eating if you eat them.

I am no expert, 5000 is just a random number I picked, not sure where the actual number starts. It is easy to over estimate APs so we have to be careful.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:57 PM   #3  

Thank you. I was thinking along the same lines as yo, but wasnt completely sure. I never use them, but its good too see the APs! Thanks again!
Old 02-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Interesting, that's new to me but that makes a lot of sense, really.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:55 AM   #5  
Less of a Better Me

For active link, Fitbit, etc (activity monitors) they measure your full day's activity. So you must earn a baseline of activity before points are awarded. For example, if you got up and immediately did a workout, you wouldn't likely get points immediately as you hadn't met your baseline (for all the monitor knows you are going to go to bed for the rest of the day and do nothing and wouldn't really earn any point).

Pedometers are different. If you look on etools you have 2 options on a pedometer. You can record ONLY the steps during formal exercise. Like, today, I went on a long walk outside. If using a pedometer in that way I would record only the steps during that walk and none during the rest of the day.

The alternative on etools is to record all your steps for the day. When you do that you wear the pedometer all day and record all your daily steps. When doing it this way you have to meet a baseline of steps before you earn points (you don't have to figure out the baseline - etools will figure it out after you put in all your steps -- when I used a pedometer for me it was about 3500 steps that was my baseline -- varies though for different people of different heights, weight, etc).
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:02 PM   #6  

Thanks Koshka! I've been doing that too. I don't count my steps all day except for the two walks i do. It makes sense. Thanks again!-Bev