Converting Calories to Points?

• A few days ago I had lunch at Applebee's. I went online before I left and used their nutritional info to choose what I was going to have. I was able to find the amt. of calories, fat and protein, but not the fiber, and it is NOT listed in the WW tracking information. Is there some rough guideline for calories to points? I know it won't be exact but at least I'd know within a couple of points. We travel a lot and I'm sure I will face this situation again.
  • I have heard roughly 50 calories to 1 pp. but not sure. If you could only not find fibre I would use the point calculator with a zero fibre number.
  • Now why didn't I think of that? Thank you!
  • There's an app you can download to your phone called Dotti's, it has the Points and Points Plus values for many restaurants already calculated, including Applebees. There is also a website with a lot of this information, http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html
  • I downloaded an Ultimate Food Value Diary app that has a built-in value estimator calculator. You just put the calories and select if it's high in carbs or fat. I have tested it against the actual calculation with the full protein, carbs, fat and fiber. The results have always been good, if anything the points value was higher using the estimator. I really love this feature!
  • Quote: There's an app you can download to your phone called Dotti's, it has the Points and Points Plus values for many restaurants already calculated, including Applebees. There is also a website with a lot of this information, http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html
    THIS! Love DWLZ!
  • It isn't 50 calories to a Point Plus. It used to be 50 calories to a point. Actually Points Plus average for me average about 38 calories per PP so I just use 40 for ease. If it is an item with a lot of fat or high carbs then I round up. If it is low in those or has high fiber I round down. I'm usually not more than a point or so off.

BTW, I think that if fiber content is not listed for a food, WW says to count the fiber content as zero.