Old 01-29-2015, 09:21 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Hi everyone! I'm kind of on a renewed kick Although I haven't gone to the gym yet, I do plan to head there Saturday morning and go daily.

I've been gluten free for almost two years and I think I'm realizing that it's not beneficial in the ways that I thought it would be. I have an auto immune issue that flared up once a few years ago, but hasn't again since. Going gluten free seems to be bothering my stomach, so I've experimented with adding in 1pt breads over the past week. I feel a million times better, maybe just because it's more substantial and my stomach doesn't seem to be turning at all times - digesting large amounts of non-starchy vegetables with little grain to make it "stick." I also remember that reaching the 18pts allocated per day seems to make me less cranky and my mind clearer. I'm shooting to reach it everyday, not hover in the 15-16 range like I have for the years I've battled the regain.

Just this morning I had a bagel thin with jalapeno LC spread onto it, 1oz of turkey meat, and an egg white with plenty of spinach cooked into it. It was a substantial and really delicious breakfast for 2.5 pts, and resembles what I would eat back when I was losing every week.

Also, I read It Was Me All Along last night and it's a beautifully written and inspiring book. I highly recommend it!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:14 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 228.8/187.2/120

Height: 5'

Default Rejoining WW soon

I'm rejoining WW in April when my baby is born. Super excited
About it so I'm getting motivated :-)
fitmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:45 PM   #93  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

My goal is 160, which is almost the top of my WW healthy range (164). I think it is also a number that is I can stick with. At my meeting they think I should be lower but I have a lot of muscle and will never be 140 and healthy.

My kids motivate me as well as staying healthy and I love racing.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 12:47 PM   #94  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

Munchy- sounds the things are going well. Way to readjust and get remotivated.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:30 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Koshka - Seems like you've got the goal thing all figured out. I do wish I sort of had a number, but at the same time I know how I feel is more important than the number on the scale. I do want to focus on composition, like you were talking about.. and think that's an excellent aim.

Munchy - YAY! I'm so happy to hear that you're feeling better.

Fitmama84 - Welcome! Congrats on a little one joining your family soon too!

Dixismom - That's sort of my issue with scale numbers too. I've always had muscle, so the whole BMI thing dictating my number just doesn't work.

Not weight loss related, but I got some student loan stuff that was in default consolidated so I can actually start making payments on it.. and it's no longer in default. Means I can also start going back to school soon. So yay for that! I'm a little afraid of time becoming an issue with working part time and then adding school into the mix.. but I know I can do it, I just need to keep on top of my scheduling.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 04:40 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 228.8/187.2/120

Height: 5'

Thanks!
fitmama84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 05:50 PM   #97  
Less of a Better Me

Munchy - Thanks for the recommendation on the weight loss memoir. I'm a sucker for those, but some are really badly done so this one sounds good.

Dixiemom - Yes, I would be annoyed if people at my meeting wanted me to go lower. The thing is you can set your goal weight where you want (in your range) and if you end up going lower, fine. But, I don't think you need to define success just by how low that number is.

Sunarie -One thing that I also do is just set interim goals as I go along. I see in your ticker that you set mini-goals as well. I think that is really helpful to do.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:38 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

A day before weigh-in and I've only lost 0.3kg (0.65lbs). Clearly was getting way too excited about a woosh. I'm going to stop daily weighing, I get to0 caught up in it and it affects my mood too much.

Beginning to realise my weight loss is hugely affected by my cycle. TOM week and ovulation week are very slow weeks.

My goal is to be 70kg (154lbs) by the end of May. I think that's doable, I'd need to lose about 3kg (6.6lbs) a month on average which I think I could do.

As for my final goal, I think it's 60kg (135lbs) which is at the top of my healthy weight range but I think I'll get more of an idea about whether that's realistic the closer I get to it.
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:08 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

0.4kg (0.8lbs) loss this week . I'm frustrated it's not more but oh well. I'm dying to reach my 10% goal (only 0.5kg away) and it's taking forever!

I'm going to focus on having a good week this week.
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote