Old 01-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

SoMuchFattitude

Thank you for the kind words. It's easier said than done. I just don't like to show off skin, and that's all I see with the wedding dresses. I don't mind form-fitting, but nude skin - especially arms - is just not my thing.

I wonder if I should increase my calories. I follow the old WW plan before this one. It put me at 18 points and with A LOT of vegetables and little carb/grain, I end up around 900-1000 calories most days. It worked after I had my daughter, but I haven't had any substantial weight loss in years.

I don't feel tired or hungry, just lazy. I'm not really lazy, but I don't want to get out of my warm bed so early in the morning to go work out, and the evenings are even less successful for me. I just can't figure out why I'm so upset, but just can't seem to get my mind in the game. Food is never a problem, but working out is. Back when I lost the baby weight, I didn't work out. I just ate according to plan and the weight melted off.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:18 PM   #62  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

The most important part is that you feel comfortable! Some of these are stunning: http://www.adoringdress.com/wedding-...h-sleeves.html Maybe you can get some ideas and make an appt and tell them what you're looking for. It's their job to make you fall in love with a dress.

They say that after you have a baby your hormones change, so maybe what worked before won't work again? Idk. I've found weight loss to be a lot of trial and error. If it doesn't work, move onto something else!

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 01-21-2015 at 12:19 PM.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:23 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Munchy - I agree with SoMuchFattitude. Hormones do change post-baby (I cry now during TV shows/movies, that never use to be a thing for me).. and eating only 900-1000 calories may be having a negative effect on your mood and weight loss. I know for calorie counters, 900 falls into the VLCD range. That's not something people are normally suppose to stick to for more than like.. 6-8 weeks, and are suppose to be doctor monitored and all. Then again I'm not real sure how the old weight watchers system works. Regardless, you are stunning now, and you will be breathtaking on your special day

SoMuchFattitude - Too funny about the power point! I don't go that far but I will plan out expenses and all.. just not two years in advance, and not to the point where it dictates my trip. I am the type to wanna sleep till noon (but stay up till 2-3am!) on vacation. I guess for me it's that I have to keep to a schedule every other day of my life. So it's nice to get away from that for vacations. Hope you have fun at the game tonight.. and jealous of you getting to go to Medieval Times! I've heard of that place but I'm not even sure if there's one around me. I went to renaissance fairs and all a few years back, so that sort of restaurant just seems appealing to me. I'm not even sure what you'd put that at for points. That looks like a huge meal though, if they just give you all that.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #64  

I don't even know what to move onto! I count points and calories, keep my grains and sugars in check, eat mostly whole foods. When I increased to 1400 per an RD, I gained SO FAST and I felt really uncomfortable with the amount of food I was eating.

I think the only thing I could do is add in exercise - definitely need to do that asap for weight loss and for general health - and possibly cut my calories to 800-900 if that doesn't help, but I'm hesitant to cut much more.

I lost a lot of weight years ago by running 4 miles/day, weight training, and hardly eating. I don't want to go back to that. I'm being irrational, but I'm just feeling so much anxiety about this whole wedding clothing idea. I'm so close to just scratching the entire idea and saying let's just get married in an isolated spot without anyone around.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:20 PM   #65  

Honestly Munchy, it's your day. If the whole clothing thing is causing you that much stress, and you'd be happy with an isolated wedding, I say go for it. That's likely what boyfriend and I are going to do when we finally do the wedding thing. Neither of us likes crowds, we're extremely introverted, and I have some pretty bad bouts of anxiety, usually brought on by stress.. so a big event would just be screaming for a meltdown when it comes to me personally.

I would not recommend cutting calories lower at all, especially if you're adding exercise on top of it. I would though, recommend talking with a therapist if you aren't already. You mentioned ED therapy in one of your past posts.. and things like EDs tend to rear their ugly heads when stressful events happen. It may just be useful to have a professional to talk to, at any rate. I'm kind of a big fan of therapy talks, they can be a bit expensive though, which is sad.

If you do start adding in exercise, don't cut calories on top of that, please. I wouldn't want to see you get hospitalized or something similar because you collapsed from exhaustion. A dress size is not more important than your health.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:05 AM   #66  
Sassafrass

Sun - I'm a mess when it comes to planning. LOL. I think it runs in the family. I can remember going home to Vermont for the summers and my Gpa would cough and make as much noise as possible after 9am because he was so irritated that I was sleeping in. LOL. He'd tell me I was sleeping the day away. I'm a morning person though (up at 430am) and get a lot done when there's no one else up to bother me. And I won't lie, if I'm totally excited about something, I'll definitely be planning it...even 2 years in advance....I just don't know that I'd tell anyone.

Munchy,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunarie View Post
Honestly Munchy, it's your day. If the whole clothing thing is causing you that much stress, and you'd be happy with an isolated wedding, I say go for it. That's likely what boyfriend and I are going to do when we finally do the wedding thing. Neither of us likes crowds, we're extremely introverted, and I have some pretty bad bouts of anxiety, usually brought on by stress.. so a big event would just be screaming for a meltdown when it comes to me personally.

I would not recommend cutting calories lower at all, especially if you're adding exercise on top of it. I would though, recommend talking with a therapist if you aren't already. You mentioned ED therapy in one of your past posts.. and things like EDs tend to rear their ugly heads when stressful events happen. It may just be useful to have a professional to talk to, at any rate. I'm kind of a big fan of therapy talks, they can be a bit expensive though, which is sad.

If you do start adding in exercise, don't cut calories on top of that, please. I wouldn't want to see you get hospitalized or something similar because you collapsed from exhaustion. A dress size is not more important than your health.
AMEN!

Munchy, girl! Have you ever read Intuitive Eating? This book helped me a lot with my eating issues. You may have gained weight on the 1400kcal diet because your body wasn't used to getting that many calories and held onto them. My mom is 5'2.5", 65, and 115lbs. She has been trying desperately to lose 5lbs for god only knows how long. She was working out THREE times a day (WTF?) and eating like 1400 calories a day. She read intuitive eating and actually dropped her mid day workout and cut back at night. She's finally lost those 5lbs she's been trying to. Her body was so afraid that it'd not get more calories that it held onto every single morsel she gave it.

You are stunning though. Seriously. As in, I saw you post somewhere else before you joined here and I thought, "D@mn, she's gorgeous." Your wedding day is suppose to be about you and your future husband. If having other's there will stress you out, don't have them there.

Ok, I'm having serious anxiety about tonight now since I have to WI tomorrow at WW. Ugh. I also definitely had a break down before we went the Hawks game because NONE of my clothes fit me like they used to. It was bad news. Just so frustrating. I did stick to my plan with dinner (shrimp and edamame) but had a drink too many and some popcorn. The scale was down the next morning though.

I had a great interval run yesterday. I desperately needed it and it really boosted my confidence with running/exercise again.

What's everyone's weekend plans?
Old 01-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #67  

You guys are amazing.

Sunarie, I want so badly to have my family and friends there, but I just feel like it's a day cemented by pictures and I'm just not comfortable in front of the camera. It's like I feel just short of what I could be and what I have been. I'm not happy with my body lately, and certainly not comfortable wearing any of the dress styles that I'm seeing out there. It's just so frustrating, and I'm embarrassed. I actually gained a little more so I'm more now than I was when I started tracking again 4 weeks ago. Sigh. Oh, and when I was on WW it was right after I had my daughter, but it was 7 years ago, so maybe my body is changing from the 20's to the 30's...either way, I don't like it!

Somuchfattitude, thank you. I wish I could feel inside what other people see on the outside. I do a damn good job of pretending, but my close friends and family know the deal - and you guys do too. I'm stressing myself out and maybe that's contributing to the non-loss. My mom told me to just relax and let it happen...I'm going to download the IE book and read it to see if anything could help.

Thanks again. You have no idea how much both of your words are what I needed to read right now. I got my workout gear in and I'm hoping to put in some hours at the gym. If anything, it does wonders for my mood and body shape. The time crunch of fitting it in kills me sometimes, though.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:20 AM   #68  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

Missed my regular weigh in on Tuesday due to a dentist appointment so I went to the Thursday meeting. Was down 2.4, which is good. Reached my 5% just 7.6 to go till goal and free lifetime (again). I have a short week due to weighing in on Tuesday, so hopefully I can lose at bit for that one too.

I am taking a swim clinic on one Friday morning a month for the 5 months. The first was this morning. It goes from 6-7:30am with a 25min drive to get there. This morning I left 20 mins early because I thought one bridge was closed (adds 20 mins to the drive). But it wasn't, so I could have slept longer . I think these mornings are going to kill me. Today will be a long day. The clinic was great, should learn lots.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:16 PM   #69  
Sassafrass

Munchy - glad we can help. <3

Dixie - woohoo to -2.4!!! My bestfriend did a swim clinic and LOVED it.

----

So, after totally stressing about tonight I plugged in all the different components of dinner and guessimated it to be 16pp if I skip the bread and pastry. Well, I scoured the internet high and low and found a blog where someone had emailed the Midieval Times folks and asked them for the nutritional breakdown. I plugged all that in and it came out to 15pp if I skip the bread and pastry. (Though I didnt use their count on the chicken because I won't eat the skin...so I googled a rotisserie chicken sans skin and used that!) I'm feeling SUPER empowered right now and really proud of myself!!!

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 01-23-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #70  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

SoMuchFattitude- way to be proactive and take control. That is awesome. Have fun tonight!
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:25 PM   #71  

SoMuchFattitude - I'm sure your weigh in will be awesome. You've been mostly on plan and exercising to boot! So even if you don't see a scale victory, celebrate in that. Also, you go girl in tracking down the points values for your meal! I would have just guesstimated. I have no real weekend plans. Kiddo was suppose to come over but he's sick, so he's staying at his dad's instead of making the hour and a half drive to mom's house (fever and has missed 3 days of school, already went to the doctor to check for flu). My birthday is fast approaching so doing a bit of planning for that. I'm gonna be 30. Never been one to care about age but there's something about entering a new decade that seems a bit surreal.

Munchy - Big hugs your way. I agree with SoMuchFattitude. You're stunning. I know it's hard to see ourselves how others see us, I think that's something everyone struggles with (some more than others). Intuitive Eating is an awesome concept. Glad you're gonna read into it and I hope it helps. As far as the wedding goes, I get what you're saying for pictures. I've mostly avoided pictures like the plague for many, many years of my life. In September I was a bridesmaid for my sister's wedding and I was absolutely horrified that me and my fat self would rune her otherwise amazing pictures. It prompted me to join this site, in fact, and I'm pretty sure there are some posts containing some of that anxiety around the forums. Looking at the photos after the fact though, it wasn't so bad. In fact I have some photos I really like from the wedding ones because I look completely happy, and that's sort of rare for me. What I'm trying to get across is you're likely picturing it a lot worse than it will be. I still say talk to a therapist too. If for nothing else than to get your feelings/fears and all out to a professional.

Dixiemom - Grats on your 2.4lbs lost, and the 5%! Swim clinic sounds like it could be fun. I use to love swimming, and it's low impact. The mornings would kill me too, but kudos for getting up and doing it anyway!

Early birthday present from my dad, got some resistance bands and used those today. Much harder workout then just doing my push ups and leg lifts, hah! I've been good about keeping off the scale for the whole week. Anxious to see what I weigh in at on Monday. I'm right in the zone I got stuck in pre-Christmas and I just want it to fly by this time. I've been on plan, even went into my weeklies a bit, which I rarely do.. but figured maybe I should eat more after looking at some of the calorie counts on MFP.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:19 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

I've missed you guys! Today was my first week at my new job and I spent it in a different city. Ate pretty well considering I was away Monday-Friday (went to the supermarket and stocked up so cooked two of my dinners and all of my breakfast and lunches as my accommodation had cooking facilities) but definitely not as well as I would have at home.

Only exercised once too so was pretty anxious about getting on the scale this morning. Just hopped on and I'm down 0.5kg (1.1 pounds). Official WI is tomorrow but I'll be happy if I can hold at that!

I'm going to have to travel a lot for this job so it makes me feel good that I've still been able to lose despite being away all week.

Munchy, I'm getting married too so I definitely understand your anxiety about all the photos. Maybe you can talk to someone who might be able to help you rationalise your thinking about the day? I know from experience that things can snowball when it's just you and your thoughts!

Sunarie and SoMuchFattitude, you guys give such great advice on these forums, it's really lovely of you.

Do you know what's weird? The scale has been moving very slowly in the last three weeks (0.4kg, 0.5kg, 0.9kg) but it's the last three weeks that I've really started to notice my clothes getting too big and my body looking really different.

My bras are verging on too big, my underwear is falling down and my clothes are starting to look stupid. Weird!
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:21 AM   #73  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

I have only been following WW a short time. I decided to save the monthly membership fee (I have a lot of the new books as well as the tools like hand held points calculator and WW food scale and weight scale) and seek out other online WW support groups.

I am doing the "Simply Filling Technique". My mid year goal is 50 lbs. but any weight loss would be welcome.

Pam
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 04:47 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Welcome Pamatga! I've been doing Weight Watchers for ten weeks and have found these forums invaluable.

Today was WI and I lost 0.9kg ( 2 pounds)! Very excited considering I was away for work most of the week and definitely ate more than I usually would.

My points have dropped again as a result of this loss to 26! Are you kidding me? I'm still 22kg away from a healthy weight for my height and isn't the minimum 26?

Anyway, I'm unsure if this loss is simply a result of where I am in my cycle (week following TOM is usually my best week) or as a result of eating a bit more and varying my points more day to day. Might experiment with eating 10-15 of my weeklies and see how I go.

Good luck to everyone for WI this week!
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 05:59 PM   #75  

Welcome back and congrats Flickety_switch! Awesome that you've been able to lose that much while traveling. At least you don't have to drop points again, so once you get use to the 26 you get to stick to that for the rest of the journey!

Pamatga - Welcome! I'm also not going to meetings.. and I don't really have the WW tools, I'm using some free stuff to calculate points that I found online because.. well I wouldn't want to go to meetings and I don't want to pay $60 a month. I tried to find a "kit" where it comes with a calculator and all, but doesn't look like they sell those anymore. Your goal is definitely more ambitious than mine. I'd like to just get under 200lbs by the end of the year (so around 30lbs to lose). I do love these forums. I post in the 100lbs one a lot too, it's a bit more active than just the WW section, plus I have over 100lbs to lose total (99 now ).

Weekend is starting off pretty good. Making a test batch of my birthday cake.. which is a good thing cause I need to shrink the recipe a bit it turns out! Making a Maraschino Cherry Cake. Usually my grandma makes it for me but I'm so far away from home this year that isn't gonna happen.