Old 01-24-2015, 07:47 PM   #76  
Geek

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'8"

Munchy - I think you're beautiful and I hope you can find a way to enjoy your wedding without worrying too much about what you look like. I'm sure you will be radiant!

I've been pretty busy the past week, things have been happening! I made it through my TOM, but it will rear its ugly head again soon... I'm "blessed" with having the shortest possible normal cycle (about 21-22 days). Sigh. Oh well. Last week's WI brought a 0.6lb loss, so nothing major, but at least it was down and not up! I'm close to getting back to where I was when I first came home from England (I lost 40lbs. while I was there)!

The other night my brother and his girlfriend were in a car accident, so that was a bummer. It was not their fault, they got slammed into by someone making an improper left turn, and it completely totalled his car. Thank the stars they weren't injured beyond some soreness from the airbags going off! I feel bad for my brother as he really loved his car and just spent $3,000 fixing it last month!

I work on the weekends, so today was my Thursday and they ordered pizza for us! There is always food at my work - so dangerous at a sedentary job! I had only 1 slice of pizza, though, so I'm proud of myself. I didn't feel deprived. I'm going out for dinner tonight, which is going to cost most of my weeklies, but my week resets on Monday so I should still be within my points for the week! I'm hoping for a loss now that TOM is finished but we'll see.

pamatga - Hi! I have followed the plan without joining before. It's definitely possible. This time around I'm on WW Online because I'm an online/mobile person anyway, and I joined when the joining fee was waived so it wasn't too expensive. Good luck!
Phae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:36 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Something weird is happening....got on the scales this morning and I was down another 0.6kg (1.3 pounds).

So basically, the last three mornings, my weight has been 82.7kg, 82.3kg, 81.7kg. Stripped off after my workout this morning and my body also looks weird...hard to describe but my stomach in particular looks v strange.

Have read about the woosh/squishy fat phenomenon...am wondering if it's happening to me!
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:29 AM   #78  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Sun - Yes! I had a good weigh in and even had fun at Midieval Times! Birthdays have never bothered me either, but turning 30 was a tough year for me. (I lost our first pregnancy 4 days before my 30th bday.) DH planned a huge 30th birthday blowout for me. He had rented a cabin in North GA and invited all of my closest friends. We still went, I just drank away my sorrows with my friends. lol. Shouldn't your BF be planning your 30th?! I also track everything on MFP. I find it helps me be more aware of exactly what I'm eating and not just the PP value. And the cake sounds yummy!!

Flickety - I keep meaning to take my measurements for that exact reason! Sometimes when the scale doesn't budge it's because our body is busy losing inches. I used to re-take my measurements every time I plateaued so I didn't get discouraged. Glad you had a good first week at work! How far of a commute is it? Where are you staying? Details! 26pp is the lowest you can go! And EAT THE WEEKLIES!!! Seriously!!! That's what they are there for. It'll prevent you from feeling deprived and help keep your metabolism going strong. It's entirely possible regarding the whoosh/squishy fat phenomenon - I know I've experience it - esp when I was at 200. I can remember looking in the mirror like, "WTF IS THIS FAT? WHY DOES IT LOOK SO WEIRD?!" lol

Pamatga - welcome! I use a lot of the simply filling techniques. I try to stick to primarily SF foods because I prefer to eat clean, but I also realize that things like butter aren't on SF, so I track everything.

Phae - my cycle is about 26 days and that makes conceiving difficult. I can only imagine having a 21 day cycle! Glad to hear your brother and gf weren't injured - cars can be replaced, people can't. And one slice? You're a better woman than me! That's serious will power.

---

Had a great weekend! Midieval Times was a total success! I took one bite of the potato and didn't think it was worth 3pp, so I put it on DH's plate (along with all my chicken skin, bread, pastries, etc.) DH is used to me removing temptation. I ordered a 9oz glass of wine (the choice was 6oz or 9oz and we had a bar credit from a refund...) I'm wine bougie and ordered a glass of merlot (since they didn't have pinot noir - wtf?) and it was just "eh" so I didnt even finish the glass (I left about 6oz). I'm really working hard on only eating things that taste absolutely delicious to me. It totally paid off because I lost 1.8lbs on the official WW scale and 2.5lbs on my home scale! Taking me to -5.8lbs for the month so far.

I did a 7 mile run yesterday and OMG so sore today.

I've been tracking my weight as it correlates to my cardio and I definitely have a spike the day after. 2.4lbs worth of a spike today. I did some reading on it and it's a pretty common thing. Crazy!

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 01-26-2015 at 06:29 AM.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Somuchfattitude, awesome job! I really believe in not eating things that don't taste good, and a lot of restaurant food is just meh in my opinion.

Flickety Switch have you gone dress shopping yet? I just rescheduled due to a storm, and now I have to reschedule AGAIN! These styles out there are just so ornate and not anything I'd really like to wear. I'll probably end up with a pantsuit...funny because I wear a dress almost everyday.

Phae Thank you! Car accidents suck and suck even more when we just fixed up our car. I totaled a car once right after I purchased a new door for my car and was waiting to have it put on. What a waste!

Sunarie happy birthday!!! Your cake sounds awesome - how was it?

Pamatga welcome! I'm doing WW without going to meetings, though I did go years ago. I'm just following the same program that worked then on my own.

Dixiemom getting up so early to exercise is really my downfall. I have the hardest time climbing out of bed in order to go. One summer I made my own schedule and worked out around 8 and went to work around 10. That was SO awesome and easy to stick to. The 4am workout is what I have now and I'm really hit or miss.

I'm feeling a little better now. I reviewed my meals over the past week and I could see a few instances where I ate just a little bit more than I should have. It's the weeklies that seem to kill me. If I use them, I gain, if I don't use any, I lose a TEENY bit.

I got my new workout gear in the mail last Friday and I finally found my ipod! We have a few days of snow that are threatening to shut down the state, so I'll try to get out to the gym starting this Thursday. It doesn't take long for me to see a little change (not on the scale, but on my body) so that's an additional motivating factor for me. I CAN DO THIS!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:05 AM   #80  
Geek

Wow, sounds like some pretty positive stuff going on over here the last day or so! Way to go, everyone!

I had my W/I today and my scale (a WW one so I try to trust it) puts me at 235.2, which is a 4lb loss! (But it's the week after my TOM so I tend to lose more those weeks.) Hooray! I'm now down 40 lbs. from when I first started losing weight (without trying - it was stress) in 2013! Now to get myself down to the 220's... I haven't seen that weight since I was in high school!

Hope everyone in the North East US isn't too buried by snow - we're getting squalls here in Southern Ontario, so where my house is it's not bad at all, just a few cm's, but there are other places in the city with 15 cm! Crazy.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:43 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Phae - Are your brother and his girlfriend doing okay? On a happier note. Yay for the big loss, and the control around pizza! I've found that if I allow myself a bit of whatever it is I'm craving then I do better at not going overboard on it.

flickety_switch - Yay for your losses too! Hopefully it is a whoosh!

SoMuchFattitude - He's sorta planning it, but I don't really like surprises so I'm picking what we're doing. My friends don't live in town and I don't like crowds. We're going to Red Lobster, and out to watch Into The Woods, but I don't get to know when. Which he didn't exactly make clear at first so I was all saying "you should request my birthday off so we don't have to deal with valentine's crowd at Red Lobster" and he just kinda said "oh". Finally asked him definitively when we were going out and he said I'd have to find out when the time came. For my birthday day, I'm baking some cupcakes, which he's gonna bring most of into work, lol. The cake is super nummy, and also something that my family has only allowed on my birthday. My mom got after my step-dad for wanting it at a different point in the year, lol. It's very high in calories and sugar though. Homemade, just one 9-inch piece is around 900 calories (if you cut it into 10 pieces). So boyfriend's workplace gets a lot of the leftovers from this weekend, plus cupcakes when I go to make those for actual birthday stuff. Awesome job with your run, and with Medieval Times! Glad you had fun

Munchy - I'm glad you're feeling better about things. Yay for exercise, boo for so much snow. Being in South Carolina now I miss the stuff, but I wouldn't want to get enough to have to close shops and all. You can do this Cake was delicious but only had a sliver. Enough to make sure it tasted like grandma's, and I didn't overcook it. Rest went off to boyfriend's workplace today. I'm making myself wait until my birthday to really indulge with a full cupcake.

Scale victory for me today too! I'm down to 227.8! So where I previously hit a plateau I have now passed. Super excited to not see 229 or 228 on the scale this week. I think adding in the strength exercises has really paid off.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:15 PM   #82  
Sassafrass

Munchy - glad you're feeling a bit better. Don't be too hard on yourself! You inspired me to order some new workout clothes too. And yeah, the potato didn't live up to its hype. LOL

***FYI : Oldnavy.com has 40% off their clearance today using the code "treat"! I snagged some new compression running tights and some tanks to run in!

Phae -4lbs?! I need your secrets! lol You'll be in the 220s in no time, girl! I have family in Vermont and friends all over the NE - the snow has started for them!

sunarie Boys See, I have fried bread every year for my birthday. It's basically a savory form of funnel cake with whatever toppings you want. I lean toward marinara, cottage cheese, ranch and parmesan cheese. It's terrible for you, but we've done it every year for my birthday growing up and I don't see that stopping. LOL It's my favorite. I bet the bf's work loves you with all that baking! And yay for the 220s!
Old 01-26-2015, 07:27 PM   #83  

Munchy- I haven't gone wedding dress shopping yet, going for the first time in a couple of weeks. I am definitely not into wearing anything super traditional...no strapless, no ballgowns etc. Will either wear a short retro-style dress (have you seen Dolly Couture? TO DIE FOR) or a sexy, lacy one but nothing too big or heavy.

Sunarie- congrats on your scale victory! That's awesome! That Maraschino cherry cake sounds incredible. For our engagement party, we had a salted caramel mousse cake and it was so so good.

SoMuchFattitude- I have been too lazy to do measurements and also I wasn't confident I was doing it right and now I'm regretting it! I have lost weight all over but my waist is the most noticeable. Put on a pair of jeans that had gotten too tight and I couldn't button up and they are now massive. Very rewarding feeling. Re: new job, I'm doing a week a month in a different city and then when I'm at home, I'm doing two days from home and three days from an office about an hour away so I think it's definitely an improvement on a full-time commute haha!
Also, massive congrats on restaurant restraint. That's something I really want to work on, is not eating things in restaurants for the **** of it and making sure they are really worth the splurge.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:05 PM   #84  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

I definately need to work on the restaurant eating as well. The next two weekends are going to be restaurant eating weekends, first with Hubby and the second with some Girlfriends. Need to be able to stay in control!!

I was down -1.4lb today. Which was good but going to be hard to top next week, especially after being away. I ran right before weigh in and then wore my comfy and light clothes. Need to be really good this week, to prepare for my up coming trips. Luckily, I should get some long runs in, hubby said he would come with me and the friend I am running the half marathon with in coming the following weekend, so we will run together.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:46 PM   #85  

SoMuchFattitude - That sounds nummy! We've always done Olive Garden/Red Lobster, plus the cake. Course we weren't the richest and those places fall into the "fancy" category for us even though they're fast food to others. Olive Garden has kind of gone downhill though. I don't like it nearly as much as I use to. Not worth the calories. I shall savor my birthday trip to Red Lobster though! Totally planning two days of going into weeklies heavily. Cause I know there will be leftovers. I hardly ever get seafood though! Add cupcakes (I'll probably keep two for myself and send the rest with boyfriend to work) and yeah.. but I don't really splurge like that often, so it's not a big deal. Regarding the boys comment.. just yes! I literally rolled my eyes when he finally gave an answer. I was like "you couldn't have just said that the first time?!" Cause here I was thinking he was just ignoring me/didn't care that my birthday was coming up.

Flickety_switch - That sounds like a confusing schedule! If it works for you though, great! Glad you're happy with it and that it beats a full time commute

Dixiemom - Grats on the loss! Yay for hubby running with you. Good luck with the restaurant eating, and have fun on your trips!
Old 01-27-2015, 05:55 PM   #86  

By the way you guys, I really wanted to recommend this recipe http://www.laaloosh.com/2014/02/05/l...tballs-recipe/. I LOVE pasta and while I've pretty much banished any cream-based ones (including my beloved pesto pasta!), there was no way I could give it up completely.

There is no such thing as liquid egg substitute in Australia so I make it with a real egg which ups the points slightly. Five meatballs plus 70g of spaghetti make it 13 points (11 if you make it with egg substitute) and it is REALLY delicious.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:40 PM   #87  
Geek

Mmmm flickety, that looks good! I LOVE pasta and pizza. I had spaghetti bolognese for dinner tonight (with lots of veggies!).

Things get easier as time goes by, don't they? Today my work ordered in Chinese food and it smelled AMAZING but I had already planned my lunch so I just ate one piece of sweet and sour chicken and my regular lunch. It was not as hard as it would have been a few weeks ago.

sunarie - They're OK, thanks for asking! And yes, to go with what I said, sometimes having just a little makes me feel less 'deprived'. My friends and I ordered Domino's pizza on the weekend, they each got a medium pizza and I just ordered the '2 slices' option which totally filled me up!

SoMuchFattitude - I don't know how the 4lbs went away, but it did! I must bloat like crazy on my TOM... wish I had a secret other than that!
Old 01-28-2015, 01:28 PM   #88  
Sassafrass

Flickety - Yeah, I really need to take them and quite talking about it. LOL. I do agree though, every time I remeasure I do the whole, "Well, maybe it wasn't in the same spot and I didn't actually lose an inch." I do that especially on my thighs.

Dixie - I ALWAYS find running easier when DH runs too.

Sun - boys are hilarious. Last night I gave DH specific instructions on how to feed the puppy breakfast since he'd had a tummy bug and we were on a diet transition. First thing this morning DH calls me and says, "Soooo...clearly I'm a terrible listener, but what do I do?" And USE those weeklies! That's what they're there for!

Phae - Awesome job on the Chinese!!!

-------------
So, I kinda had an epiphany about my "ideal weight" the other day and how I don't really have a goal number anymore, but a performance number. I wrote a long blog post on it here, if you're interested.

With that being said, looks like I'm triathlon training again with a race in July. It's that sort of commitment and motivation I need to keep me on the straight and narrow!

What drives y'all?
Old 01-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #89  

Flickety_switch - Those meatballs look nummy. I may have to try them with a few tweaks cause I don't tend to like ground beef at all. Good news on the calories front, not so good in that it's a weird thing to dislike so it usually gets comments. People always assume I'm vegetarian.

Phae - Whoo at resisting food. I had a recipe last night that was really nummy if you're craving Chinese at all. It reminds me of lettuce wraps at one of the restaurants around here. Tasted extremely similar and is definitely a keep for us. I made it into a salad because apparently I suck at tearing off lettuce leaves to make good wraps, and then things get messy. http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes...an-restaurant/

SoMuchFattitude - Lol at your DH. I've been better at using weeklies lately. Lately being the past few weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if my shrimp nachos and lobster end up using all of my weeklies and then some because add the cake in there too, but oh well. It's my birthday and it's not like I do this all the time.

I don't have a number for an ideal weight. My current "goal" isn't so much a goal as it is just a number on the higher side of the BMI scale. It's just been so long since I've been that low in weight that I don't really know what to strive for and I needed something to put there for my ticker and the S/C/G thing. I'll end up having to readjust it. I was super athletic in middle/high school, and stopped growing around 7th grade. Even with me playing sports for literally 3 hours a day (dad was my coach!) I was at around 145lbs. Eating unhealthy when I lived with my dad also wasn't a problem.. so 145 is just what healthy me was. I assume because I was pretty muscular and that tends to screw with the whole BMI mess. I've been doing resistance band training 3 days a week, so muscular may again be a thing when I get down around there again. So my goal number-wise is still very much in the air.

As for drive.. mostly general health, really. Mixed with a little bit of a desire to look better, and a little bit of a desire not to have people treat me shittily cause of weight. Though I suppose crappy people will just be crappy about some other aspect. I want to be able to go on rides at Disney in 2 years without worrying about weight restrictions, or whether my fat is making the lapbar an unsafe distance from my son's lap. I want my son to pick up on healthy eating habits, and replace some of the icky ones I've already helped him develop. I also want to be able to help him practice for sports and all without getting entirely winded. Then there's diabetes and high blood pressure that runs in my family so... fun times.

Yay for triathlon training! You've been doing so amazing. Very inspirational

(sorry I always write so damn much!)
Old 01-29-2015, 12:12 AM   #90  
Less of a Better Me

My official goal weight is 146 which is the top of my range. This morning (at home) I weighed 157 so I've been thinking about it a lot. Actually once I get back to 148 I'll be considered lifetime at goal weight once again (I'm regained lifetime).

I think I will likely start working more on body composition. Basically I figure that once I'm in the 146 range I will go more by body fat than weight. My scale tells me I about 40% fat which is way too high. I think I'll still probably be in the high 30s when I get to 146 and that isn't good. At that point, I'll focus on body fat and just see where that takes me.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote