Old 01-09-2015, 09:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

SoMuchFattitude, your puppy is adorable - I've read some of your blog over the past 6 months or so I'm sending good vibes and well wishes to you and your husband.

Sunarie, I LOVE champagne. I always get brut or prosecco because the calories are the lowest, and it happens to be my favorite. No sweetness, just bubbles! I have been known to say things like "everyday is a celebration" when people ask the occasion.

Flickety_switch, how about something like a baked stuffed chicken breast like this spinach and feta with a salad and a side of roasted vegetables? I don't know how fancy of a dinner you're having, but I always feel like those kinds of things look like so much effort when they're truly not.

I weighed in today and lost almost 2lbs! That's a great start...now I have 11 to go to feel happy enough, and 16 to be the ULTIMATE AMAZINGLY AMAZING weight ever.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I honestly am not the biggest fan of champagne. I love it in Mimosas and unfortunately that just adds too many extra points/calories to the mix most the time. Congrats on your loss!

3 more days until weigh-in for me. I'm super duper hoping all the stuff I gained over the holidays is gone.. but realistically I lose an average of 1lb per week so I won't be broken up too much if it's not. There's been a lot of reminding myself this is about health and not all about weight lately, lol. It's become my mantra of sorts.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #18  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Flick - because I have a scale again, I weigh in both morning and night. It's interesting to see. I like to see if I can guess what I'll weigh the next morning when I weigh in at night. lol. I have issues.

Sun - thank you!

Munchy - thank you. I definitely will take all the good mojo I can get. It's been a tough 15 months. 2lbs is AWESOME! Congrats!!

-----

We have a busy weekend, but I'm looking forward to it and getting some puppy lovin' in! Hopefully it'll warm up a little more and I can go for a longer walk with Huck. We have my Sister in Laws family bday party tonight (pizza and salad), flag football games for the nephews tomorrow (with lunch out between games) and SIL's friend's party tomorrow night (sushi). Hopefully relaxing all day Sunday. We eat out SO much on the weekend. I'm really hoping to work on my Simply Filling techniques and keep it pretty clean. Tonight will be hard with pizza, but that's what weeklies are for, right?
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #19  
Sassafrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunarie View Post
There's been a lot of reminding myself this is about health and not all about weight lately, lol. It's become my mantra of sorts.
THIS THIS THIS!!!!! It's taken me forever to realize this and I think I'm finally getting there. So glad you are too!

I'm not officially following WW because I do get weight obsessed, but I'm following the principles and using the tools I learned while on WW (eating more fruit/veg, keeping things 80/20, eating cleaner, watching portions, etc.) I got so nutso with the actual number, lost 125lbs, but I also lost track of what my actual goal is. Then I went to the totally other side of the track and gained 50lbs. And now here I am finding that balance and focusing on being healthy, not the number.

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 01-09-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
THIS THIS THIS!!!!! It's taken me forever to realize this and I think I'm finally getting there. So glad you are too!

I'm not officially following WW because I do get weight obsessed, but I'm following the principles and using the tools I learned while on WW (eating more fruit/veg, keeping things 80/20, eating cleaner, watching portions, etc.) I got so nutso with the actual number, lost 125lbs, but I also lost track of what my actual goal is. Then I went to the totally other side of the track and gained 50lbs. And now here I am finding that balance and focusing on being healthy, not the number.

This is the hardest thing for me. I would consider myself to be a very clean eater - I don't eat gluten, few grains, a LOT of veggies, we make almost everything at home, but I just maintain that way unless I start drinking more champagne (like the holidays) and gain.

I'm very numbers-obsessed and apparently my family said I've been really cranky this week. It's probably because I have 10,000 number calculations that are bouncing around in my head. I seriously got really upset yesterday when I spilled my soup for lunch at work, then I modified my dinner to make up for the lost points, but when I got home, I was out of jasmine rice.

No big deal, but it completely changed my attitude from pretty happy in the morning to downright bitter at night.

I feel that my health is pretty good and it's really important to me that I feed my family mainly unprocessed foods and a lot of vegetables. I would be lying, though, if I said that my goal wasn't looking better.

I just wish my brain could balance it all instead of getting overly OCD about every single calorie every single day. I can't think about anything else.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 01:02 PM   #21  
Sassafrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
I just wish my brain could balance it all instead of getting overly OCD about every single calorie every single day. I can't think about anything else.
That's how I was. I was a wreck. Every social event brought horrible anxiety. To the point where I'd have rather stayed home where I could control everything than go out and feel stressed the whole time. I had graphs and charts and papers everywhere. I was insane. I had apps to track apps to make sure the numbers were all right. After the first miscarriage I fell apart and a year later I guess realized how I hadnt actually dealt with my food issues because unless I was totally obsessing I wasn't losing weight.

I ultimately had to get rid of my scale.
http://somuchfattitude.com/2014/07/1...-control-back/
That's a post I wrote about it. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. I gained weight after, but I think it also allowed me get a better grip on my obsession and reorganize my goals.

I loved my 325lb body. I never really paid much attention to it and had tons of confidence. I started losing weight to have a healthy pregnancy (HA! Look at how well that's gone. lol) When I weighed 202, my lowest, I HATED that body, but now, being 250, I really miss my 202lb body. Not really because of the way it looked, but because of what it could do: run 10ks, ride 45miles on a bike, compete in triathlons, etc.

My goal this time isn't to hit 175lbs (my "goal weight") but to feel as good as I did in Sept of 2013. And maybe, just maybe, if I get it right, my mentality will match it this time too.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:51 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
I'm not totally there, if I'm honest with myself. Which is why I find myself repeating it a lot in my head. It's so easy to forget about the health and just focus on wanting to be thin, or to see a number on the scale. I struggle with it constantly.. and have broke down to my boyfriend on more than one occasion about just wanting to be thin to stop ridicule or not be an embarrassment. So.. the mantra is to be healthy. Which helps most days, even if I do have to repeat it a ton Someone on a different thread said something about me being positive all the time, and really that's just on the forums. I find writing out positive stuff reinforces the positive thoughts. I still have breakdowns and all, I just find if I write about those I dwell on them longer instead of feeling better about it.

I definitely identify with becoming too focused on the calories and the scale and all though. Not so much with this journey (yet), but on some of my past ones for sure. Especially when I was doing the whole HCG diet thing. That was horrendous looking back. I'm trying my hardest not to let that happen this go.

I still love your blog post about the scale XD I need to catch up on your blog, I haven't read it in like.. a month or so now. Time has been flying.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:26 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Thanks for all the dinner party suggestions guys. I ended up going with something similar to what you suggested Munchy but our local chicken shops sells these chicken breasts stuffed with spinach, dill and low-fat ricotta and they are only six points so I made those with a jacket potato and some salad.

Today was official WI day but I only lost 0.5kg (1.1 pounds). Think I can safely assume the +1kg loss days of the past are over. It's my lowest loss ever which is annoying because I had a fairly good week (didn't exercise as much but still 4 times and only used 10 or so weekly points).

Oh well, onwards and upwards. Side question: what have you guys done about your clothes? I put on a pair of jeans yesterday and my fiancé was like "babe, you can't wear them anymore, they look ridiculous" and I had to agree.

But I don't really want to buy new clothes yet. How have you guys handled the clothes dilemma? I'm thinking I might have to buy a few pieces to get me through. Jeans are always the first things to look dumb when you lose weight so maybe just a pair of those.
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:53 AM   #24  
Sassafrass

Sun - you're definitely on the right track, though. I'm a firm believer in the whole, "You gotta fake it til you make it" saying. I've had many a times of breaking down in my husband's arms convinced I'll never be able to do it. Convinced life would be so much better if I'd just hit my goal weight. I wrote this ( http://somuchfattitude.com/2012/10/19/forgiveness/ ) in 2012 and often find myself going back and rereading it on bad days.

Flickety - Ive gone back and forth on the clothing issue. Honestly, Ive now come to the point where I want to look good at whatever size I am, so I buy for my current size. I don't buy in excess since it's not my ultimate ideal size, but I do buy a few staples (a pair of jeans, one dress, and a couple of shirts) that I can wear for the season and shrink with. I started using belts, too. Cinching at the waist would really accentuate my curves and keep my clothes fitting for longer. On the flip side, I REALLY struggled with this. I had gotten down to a 12 and then I gained some of my weight back I'm now in a tight 16. Buying a 16 was a horrible feeling, but actually fitting into my clothes and being able to breath while dressed kinda made it worth it. lol.

---

We had a good weekend. I stayed really active (8k steps or more a day!)My eating was pretty good. TOM is here. The scale is up. I'm pretending that's okay. lol.

My dad asked me if I'd start going back to the WW meetings with him. And I'm a daddy's girl. We used to go together for nearly a year. It's when I lost a bulk of my weight. The accountability of actually going somewhere and weighing in was huge for me. So, I rejoined!

Has anyone here tried to new "coaching" aspect to WW that they've added?

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 01-12-2015 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:11 AM   #25  

Flickety_switch - I'd probably buy a few pieces. I'm kind of lucky in that most of my apparel is t-shirts anyway. Me and boyfriend definitely fall into the geek crowd, and the shirts I wear on a daily basis are from a site called Woot. They not fitted for women or anything, so they don't necessarily look amazing regardless. Pants though I'd definitely go for, and a few shirts to wear out to more formal occasions where we aren't getting together at a friends house or something.

SoMuchFattitude - Thank you for another great blog post link I do love you blog and I've found myself going back to it on particularly hard days because a lot of the posts there make me smile/laugh. Your dad going to WW with you sounds great. I'd love to have someone local for support, but don't really want to meet strangers just for that. I want to transport the one real life friend I have who's losing/lost weight over here, haha. She's way ahead of me though, lost 130lbs so far! Amazing stuff. I read about the coaching thing, it looked interesting, and the one on one time sounded like it could be beneficial. Once I get school funds and all setup (cause I'll be restarting college within the next few months) I may look into it if I've got enough money leftover.

Challenge weigh in today has me at 229.6! That's a 1.8lb drop from last week. Still not quite back below my first mini-goal/pre-Thanksgiving weight.. but getting there. Weekend was good. Made some flour-less brownies that actually tasted pretty dang awesome. They had black beans instead of flour in them, and used balsamic vinegar as the leavening agent. Next time I'll likely leave out the vinegar, not because of taste, but because I like brownies more chewy/gooey. Recipe is here if anyone is interested, 4 pp per. You could probably substitute honey/agave nectar/stevia for the sugar and get it even lower.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/02/a...-brownies.html
Old 01-12-2015, 11:30 AM   #26  
Sassafrass

Sun - You're most welcome! Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. We always had a really good time together. Honestly, I'm the only person in my friend group that can stand to lose a few pounds. They're all skinny and I'm the one that made them start running races and doing triathlons. LOL. My dad is the only person in my life that needs WW too. Hilariously enough though, he doesn't track anything when he does do it - he kinda wings it. And always loses. Life's not fair, I tell you. lol I would love to have someone in my friend group that needs to do WW so I'd have the support when we go out, instead of them, "Oh...one round of Bourbon won't kill you." Cause one leads to two and two leads to three and three leads to my husband driving home.

So far I'm kinda hit or miss on the coaching aspect. Now when you buy your membership you pay for it in tiers of coaching support. I bought the $45/mth option and I get online tools, meetings, and this like 24/7 "support chat". It's weird. I honestly felt like I was on a chat line to get my phone fixed or something. Idk. Maybe I'm just high maintenance. I bet the crazy expensive (I think it was like $70/mth) option is helpful because you get a one on one coach that you build a relationship with. Honestly, I'll get more support here than from some 24/7 chat line operator.

Sorry - I'm clearly chatty today. LOL

Here's the black bean brownies I make! They are super chewy and gooey. 5pp/big brownie. I actually ended up rolling mine into little balls and dusting them in cocoa. They were more truffle like than anything. Definitely rich.

YAAAAY for -1.8!!!

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 01-12-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:53 AM   #27  

I don't mind chatty. I work from home and usually stalk the forums while I work, haha. I just usually don't post because then I'd be everywhere and people would probably be going "who's that annoying chick who -has- to share her opinion on everything".

I'll have to try those brownies too, probably in a few weeks though. I love the gooey ones! I added salt to the top of the ones I made. I love the salty/sweet combo.

Chat support for WW sounds a bit weird. What I was reading about was the $70 option sounds like, cause it was all individualized coaches. I think chat support and immediately I go to where I use to work. For a while I did chat support for Amazon Instant Video and the Amazon Appstore. I can't say I was wholly invested in my customers beyond just wanting them to have a good experience because it was my job. So it'd be hard for me to view the other end of the chat line as caring and actually supporting what I'm doing.

Most my friends are the same way! Majority of them are guys cause I've always been a gamer/geek. I'd typically have 1-2 female friends through the school year, summer would hit, we'd do lan parties and the other girls would just kind of disappear. Good thing is I've had the same basic group of friends since around 6th grade. They're just all guys who have no problems with portion control, and have never gained weight.. super skinny. I think one gained 20lbs at one point, but then cut out soda and lost it all. I cut out soda at 260lbs and didn't lose a damn thing. Presumably I ate the calories somewhere else when I cut out the soda. I don't know for sure, I wasn't tracking portions/calories at that point.

This gal is one I use to work at Amazon with. We use to go out to lunch on days we worked together and all. She started off a lot higher than me, but has been losing after getting out of a bad relationship. We're not super close or anything, so I honestly don't talk to her much, and our interests are kinda different overall.. but it'd be nice to have someone local still.

I think for my cardio workout I might actually go use the elliptical in the fitness center of our apartment tomorrow. I've been feeling good about how I've been doing lately.. typically I keep away from places with people when it comes to exercise because of bad experiences in the past. I do probably need to get over that at some point. Plus, if I do it during work hours, it'll be nearly empty hopefully. I may also push it off for another month, don't want to run into a crowd because of the New Year. The Fitness Center isn't real big. Two treadmills, and elliptical, and a few weight machines. Today I'm doing a strength day anyway, so I have a bit yet to think about it. Will likely walk down tomorrow and peek inside, then go from there.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:51 PM   #28  
Sassafrass

I know what you mean! lol - what do you do for work?

Yeah, I'm not dishing out $70 a month on WW. I'd be more inclined to hire a personal trainer before hiring a "weight watchers coach." I don't think they're going to see a ton of action for $/70 a month. That's an additional $1 a day on top of the normal membership. I would be blowing my coach up 24/7. They would HATE me. lol. I'd call just to be like, "whatcha doin...?" to get my moneys worth. CRAZY!

And yeah, I'm technically registered for a half marathon in march, but I dont think that's happening. I'm so ill prepared and under trained that I honestly don't think I could complete it. When I signed up the goal was that I'd be pregnant before training started and not allowed to do it. That clearly wasn't in the cards. Regardless, I did get the trainer set up in my bedroom and my new padded bike shorts arrived, so I really don't have an excuse not to spin.

Go look! There's no harm in that.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:17 PM   #29  

I rate web pages as an independent contractor. Google, or Bing, or whoever will hire the company I work for to evaluate web pages. It's suppose to help filter search results so stuff that's actually relevant to what the user typed appears towards the top, instead of just stuff that keyword matches, or is filled with ads. Fairly easy, takes a good many hours of unpaid stuff (studying to make sure you're rating to their standards, and tests from them) before you can actually start getting paid.. but now that I'm past all that it's worth it for me.

My income is all extra for our household anyway, technically speaking. I just like having money I made to pay for stuff that's specifically for me, or for gifts and all. So like, I'm paying for my own schooling and all. Boyfriend pays rent, groceries, and then his stuff (phone, car insurance, student loan stuff). I pay electric, cable/internet, and then my stuff. If I have a month where I earn extra I'll also pick up half of groceries. It's not an even split by any means, but still lets me feel like I'm contributing, which is important to me.

Just as a side note (because I've had people get defensive about it) the whole contributing thing is my view for me specifically. I'm not trying to tell people how they should live, or that they should feel guilty cause they don't work and their spouse/partner does.

Anyway.. I would also be inclined to spend money on a personal trainer rather than just someone to talk to about weight watchers stuff if it's gonna be that much.

I'd vote for still trying for the half-marathon. March is still a good bit away yet. Could be a goal to train for it, get in there, and finish. As long as they wouldn't take a negative toll on your mind and all. I think I'm a bit too competitive to really do marathons and such. I like the Couch to 5k thing on my own, but when it comes to events where there's lot of other people, suddenly coming in first means a whole lot to me.. or at least somewhere near first. It's a mindset I try and keep away from, but it likes to sneak back in there.

I think I get it from my dad. Sports were huge growing up, and my dad was the coach. I remember at one point I got in trouble for telling a teammate that I didn't care if we won or lost, I was having fun.. she told my dad (the coach) and it didn't end well. Basically I actively got punished for not wanting to win. I'm not nearly as bad about that whole mindset now, but not winning at activities is still not something I handle well.

Annnnyway. I wish I could put an elliptical in my apartment someplace. I just really don't have any room. I technically don't even have the recommended space to do my Zumba workouts, but I make do! Constantly moving furniture around in the living room.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:32 PM   #30  
Sassafrass

That sounds like it could be a lot of fun! Oh no, I get it. DH and I's plan is for me to be a SAHM when that day comes.

Yeah, I want to still do it, but I am super competitive. Which is why when I was doing triathlons it was good for me because I had ample time to train, followed a plan and then competed. Also, I competed in the Athena division (15lbs+) and my first tri I placed 8th in my division I slowly rose in the ranks and by my 4th tri I placed 3rd. I played competitive soccer until I was 14 with dad as my coach. I also sang Opera and had to choose which one I wanted to pursue seriously at 14, so then I moved into competitive singing. Ended up training in Opera for 11 or so years and got some scholarships out of it. Alas, I digress. I'm also super competitive. I know I'd be annoyed by not finishing as quickly as I'd like, but yeah, maybe just finishing is half the battle, right?

I've never done a half.