Old 11-23-2014, 07:25 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Not a good "first" week....

So I went back to WW for -- god, I don't even know, I've lost count of how many times I've "gone back" at this point. But last Wednesday I went back and I am determined to stick with it this time.

Again. I "only" have 25 pounds to lose this time, but still, god, it feels like I'm starting over again.

Anyway. I picked the wrong bloody week to start back up again. My cousin is home from Alberta for the first time in two and a half years, and being Newfoundlanders, everything revolves around food, and I apparently have NO willpower left. Add to that the fact that I am constipated -- sorry for the TMI, but there it is -- and you have not a great first week. My first weigh-in isn't until Wednesday morning, but I *know* I will have gained. I refuse to get on the scale, though, because if I happen to have gained so much as an ounce since I weighed on Wednesday, it'll drag me down for the rest of the week and I'll just get the attitude of "Well, the **** with it, I've already blown it, so I might as well go the rest of the way."

Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Sorry to hear your first week has been so rough. Even if you do post a gain for the week try not to take it too much to heart. The fact that you're at least making the attempt does mean something, and is something you should be proud of, not feel bad about.. regardless of how many times prior. My mom has attempted to quit smoking several times now, more than I can count.. but I always, always support her when she makes the decision to try again... so I should do the same for myself with weight loss and that journey to health. So should you

As long as you keep to plan, one week isn't going to make a dent in the long term anyway. I think most of us here have had weeks where we gained.. or months, so you aren't alone there. Just keep on sticking with your plan and eventually the results will show, which you already know looking at your forum avatar. 45lbs is a lot! Even if you regained some of it, that's still a lot to have lost. Be proud.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #3  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

I stayed the same! And that was after a "bad week" -- some indulgences, plus I didn't exercise as much as usual, and then today my mom, aunt, and two cousins went wedding dress shopping in the next town over and we had dinner before we came back -- an hour before my weigh-in. Plus, my last weigh-in was in the morning, which usually makes a difference for me personally (I usually weigh more in the evenings.)

So I'm pleased with that. And I am glad that I weighed in even though I knew I wouldn't post a loss. I can totally do this!
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #4  
jmhwis50

S/C/G: 182/ 145/ 135

Height: 5 ft 3inches

I know this is an old thread, but I hope it worked out for you. We've all slipped up and had to go back on plan. I can't count the many times I've done that myself. But this was a month ago so maybe you figured it out. I certainly hope so it gets so frustrating otherwise
jmh6251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/184/145

Height: 5' 5"

I think the first week is a learning curve, or a way to train your brain to start thinking differently. Keep going! (Day 3 here) :-)
pjk1963 is offline   Reply With Quote