Old 11-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Pizza question.....

I bought a frozen pizza, one of the thin crust Delissio ones. Now, I'm the only one in this house who eats pizza (strange people I live with, I'm tellin' ya.) And I know that if I bake the entire pizza, I'll just end up eating the whole damn thing myself. Seriously. I will. Pizza is my downfall...but I refuse to give it up.

Anyhow. Here is what I'm wondering (and I realize this might be a stupid question, haha.) If I thaw the pizza enough to cut it into six servings, and then refreeze it, will it still be safe to eat? I'm thinking yes, since I won't be thawing it completely, but I'm a bit paranoid about this stuff. *L* And I'd really like to have it frozen in single servings so that I'm not as tempted.

Any advice you have would be appreciated!
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #2  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Hmm...I'd think it'd be fine. I could be totally wrong though. lol
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Safe to eat? Certainly. Might change the texture a tiny bit, but otherwise you'll be fine. The only thing "uncooked" about a frozen pizza is the dough (which is actually partially cooked already as per my understanding), and there shouldn't be any eggs in the dough so bacteria shouldn't be an issue..
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I agree with everyone else - I think you can do it! I used to order this whole wheat pizza with light cheese near my old house and I'd vacuum seal the pizza slices and freeze them for another day. All you need to do is put it into the oven and it tastes just like when they delivered it!

Another option is to use something like flatout light or low carb/high fiber tortillas and make one decent size personal pizza that you can eat for around 300 calories. No leftovers
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/190/150

I don't know much about the dangers of thawing and rethawing, but I agree with Munchy on making your own personal size pizza. I am a pizza junkie and this is my biggest problem with dieting.. I can't get rid of the craving for my beloved pizza. I decided I need to figure out a way to make one for myself (a good one), so I started experimenting and voila! I figured it out! Here's what I use:

1 Weight Watchers whole grain pita bread (2 points+)
1/4 cup Classico Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce (1 point+)
1/3 cup of Weight Watchers Mexican blend shredded cheese (2 points+)
17 slices of Hormel Turkey Pepperoni... 17 slices! (2 points+)

It's delicious. If I can spare the points, I even add another 1/3 cup of the cheese to make it extra ooey gooey, lol.

You can also use toppings which will cost less points: pineapple and ham, onions, peppers, etc. Since it's such a small size (but big enough for you to eat in one sitting!) you can add some of the high-cost point toppings for barely any points at all, as long as you keep your scale handy. Then throw on the garlic, red pepper flakes... *sigh* I'm drooling just thinking about it, I have to go make one.

Last edited by Suz151; 12-02-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Suz151 is offline   Reply With Quote