Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 07:47 PM   #1  

Talking

Hi all- Well I've been on WW for one month and have gained almost 2 lbs.
I was determined to eat right this week, so I got busy on Sunday and made some of the recipies I've seen here.

I made the cabbage soup but I used V-8 instead of chicken stock since I'm vegetarian. Then I made the mashed cauliflower and portioned it out so I could grab it when I got home instead of my usual feeding frenzy,LOL

I made a bunch of "icecream sandwiches" with the chocolate graham crackers and FF cool whip. Gotta love them Yummmm.

I also made the pumpkin- cool whip and pudding thing. I threw everything in my food processor and whipped it up good. Then I took a big taste.
YUCK!! I thought you ladies must be really hardcore dieters to think that tasted good. Well I double checked everything and found out the FF vanilla pudding was the kind you're supposed to cook!! What a hoot!

I had nothing to lose at this point so I just added some skim milk and cooked it all together and let it cool. Its not too bad, but next time I'll try making it the right way.

The silliest thing is that I was a professional cook for 26 years. I must be getting old.

Hope everyone has a great week

Seed
Old 03-13-2001, 11:16 PM   #2  
Chick-a-dee

Welcme, Seed! Your post cracked me up! I suppose as a professional cook you didn't encounter many opportunities to use FF pudding mix! Who knew that chocolate graham crackers with ff cool-whip could be a gourmet treat!

Seriously, if you can find the Cooking Light software (or Master Cook), the program lets you input your recipes and get a nutritional read-out from which you can figure points per serving (using your slide or other calculator). I use the program to "play" with my ingredients (my husband calls it re-engineering) and reduce the point-per-serving of our favorite dishes so that we eat the familiar foods we like without sacrificing taste. Since you enjoy cooking, this might be something for you to try! You can usually find the software in the discounted ($12.99 or so) software area in a big computer store. The latest and greatest versions aren't usually too expensive, either, and all are really easy to use.

Welcome to the message boards, good luck with WW!

Annie
290/214/150 on Weight Watchers
Closed Thread