Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 02:15 PM   #1  

Question

I'm going for my first weigh in after joining again last week. I previously weighed in on Sat. mornings, but Tues. evenings seem to be the best for now. I've been half afraid to eat today because I know I'll weigh heavier tonight than I did on my scales this morning!!

Do any of you who weigh in the evenings do anything different on weigh-in days than you do on other days? Just curious and nervous about what to expect....

Thanks!

Tina
Old 03-13-2001, 02:26 PM   #2  

I do weigh less in the am than in the pm...

I go to WW in the pm now...and I just do the same thing every weigh in - eating drinking etc..

I would not worry too much, being your first week, you probably lost some...so at worst you are probably at the same.

But knowing this, you can justify this weeks results.

A friend of mine used to eat dinner/drink a litre of water before weigh in and she was very successful in ther weight loss!

Don't starve yourself!! Eat something...maybe not a couple pounds of vegies (quite heavy).

My thoughts are...I am what I am...and if I try mask it one week - it will show up eventually! So the only one I am trying to fool is myself!

Good luck!
Y
Old 03-13-2001, 02:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I try to wear the same things, and eat the same things each week on weigh in day. I also drink LOTS of water (like usual), but drink it mostly before or during lunch and then not in the afternoon. I also try to be careful about salty stuff on the two days before.

Having the same routine on weigh in day makes it so I can't blame gains or losses on a big lunch or something else -- It keeps me more honest.
Old 03-13-2001, 03:32 PM   #4  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

I am a full two pounds heavier when I have to weigh in than in the morning. Since there isn't anything I can do about this, I have accepted it. I used to carefully monitor what I ate, ate less, drank less, etc. on weigh in day, but I don't do that anymore because I figure I am in this for the long haul.
Good luck to you. By the way, I graph my weight loss and on those rare occasions when I have to weigh in in the morning, I note that on my chart because that will show up as a two pound loss that isn't real.
Hope this helps and good luck to you!
Old 03-14-2001, 08:48 AM   #5  

It's really only a problem for the first week. You may not see the results that you think you should have because of the time difference at your first evening weigh-in. However, if you continue to weigh yourself in the evenings and do everything you normally do every week - eat and drink normally throughout the day - you will see progress from week to week. You may weigh a little more at night but you still lost the same amount of weight that week.
Old 03-14-2001, 10:25 AM   #6  

Well, I lost 2 lbs. last night at my first weigh-in. I was pretty ok with that! I drank my entire 64 oz. of water before 3:00 but only ate 7 points during the day. From what you all are saying, I think that I'm going to go about a regular routine on weigh-in day and not freak out about it. Like you said, I may weigh heavier in the evening but a weight loss is a weight loss no matter what time of day it is!

Thanks for all your input!

Tina
Old 03-14-2001, 04:34 PM   #7  

GREAT WORK!! Good for you, that is awsome...I wishing for a move on the scale myself tonite...Think I am on some kind of plateau...getting frusterated!

Yvonne
Old 03-15-2001, 08:50 AM   #8  

Yvonne,

How did you do at your weigh-in last night? Hope it was good?!

Tina
Old 03-15-2001, 03:41 PM   #9  

Tina,

It was only down .8 lbs, Thanks for asking!!

I was not expecting much of a loss as I don't feel thinner...in fact when I was on the scale, I thought it was a gain of .8!

I am not sure what is going on...I am in my points range and exerciseing and eating very balanced and have been stuck for about a month now. Next week my leader said we would look at my trackers. Here is wishing that maybe I need to eat more!!

With my luck I will loose a bunch in this week and make my self look like a fool!! (But at least I would be *less* of a fool!

Thanks again, and have a great week!
Y

Last edited by Yvonne; 03-15-2001 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-17-2001, 09:44 AM   #10  
Determined Chick!

I hate worrying about how what I ate during the day will effect my weigh-in, but it's hard not to worry about it! If you work real hard all week and then weigh in heavy because of that days food, it would be a mental blow. However, I stick to my regular routine of bfast, lunch, afternoon snack, and try to get all my water for the day in before 3 P.M. (I weigh in on Tues at 5 P.M.). I then try not to eat or drink any large quantity after 3. I feel that the water is good for flushing out my system, but it shouldn't effect a weigh-in 2 hrs later. I also wear the same clothes each week -- a workout tshirt and pants. I'm also careful to avoid high sodium that day, and even the day before. I've followed this system and have continued to see weekly losses. Good luck! Holly
Closed Thread