Old 09-15-2014, 08:13 AM   #1  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Default September Chat

Alright Ladies,

The WW spot used to be poppin and happening in here! (Koshka - I'm sure you remember this!) Let's get this back.

I know personally, a huge part of my success was the social/community aspect of WW. The support is huge and sharing foods ideas, recipes, new finds, etc. is always helpful. Sometimes we have struggles on WW that only our fellow WW friends understand and not our super skinny bff or husband.

With that being said - let's open up and get to know each other!

Is there anything you're currently struggling with in your WW life or your personal life? Need a place to vent? Need advice? Find an awesome new food find that's too yummy to keep a secret? Just want to chat? Here's the place!

SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #2  

I love this!!! I hope to get my 10% charm this weekend.

I go back an forth between MFP and WW, I feel that I finally need to stick with one for good.
Xena31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #3  
Sassafrass

Xena, 0o0o!! Keep us posted on the 10%! Good Luck! And yeah, I was using MFP for awhile, but found I have better success with WW overall.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #4  

Yeah I feel that with MFP I make bad choices a lot. (my fault) since 100 calories are 100 calories. WW forces me to pay less attention on numbers and more on choosing filling foods.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #5  

Are you counting or doing SF?
Old 09-15-2014, 09:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/195.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Hi! Can I join in here? I'm starting WW tomorrow.
gettingbackinmyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220.6/tick/135.0

Height: 5' 5"

Ok, I'm doing WW Online and just did my first week weigh in. Even though I went WAY over points (what an eye opener this week has been!), I still lost 2.6 lbs! But then they dropped my daily points from 30 to 27???? I've done WW in the past and don't remember having such a big drop ... kinda remember hitting every number on the way down, right?

Anyway, I have tons of room for improvement with my eating. So here I go, new day, new week, let's do this!
lindalee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:15 AM   #8  
Sassafrass

It's my first official weigh in tonight at WW and I have an array of emotions since I destroyed my scale months ago. It's been a really weird feeling not being able to check and see where I'm at, but it's also held me more accountable. It's the first time EVER I didn't use all my weekly points and still felt really satisfied and happy with my food choices.

Won't lie though, I started Clomid (fertility drug) and I've heard it can give you constant hunger. Ugh. Though the good news is that I'm not drinking while on it, so maybe I'll use points toward extra food and not booze!

Xena - I'm counting points, but TOTALLY agree with the choices. When I used MFP I didn't really pay attention to the macros of it all and could "justify" crap food.

Gettingbackinmyjeans- OF COURSE!! Welcome! <3

Linda - Congrats on the 2.6, but weird on the 30-27 drop! I'd have a stroke if I suddenly lost 3 points. LOL
Old 09-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #9  

Pretty sure I'm going to run out of weeklies before I run out of week. But I'm doing my best to adjust to my new 27 points ... 5 more days to go LOL

SoMuchFattitude - Can't wait to hear your results for tonight! And good luck with Clomid - I have a few friends who had great success with it.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:01 AM   #10  
Sassafrass

-1.4lbs...ugh. I won't even lie - totally disappointed it wasn't more since it was my first week back. I even ended my week with 21 weeklies left!

Linda - I can only imagine! I have a hard time rationing weeklies with 37 points! LOL I feel great on the Clomid, aside from the headaches, which are apparently pretty common.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hi Ladies,

I just rejoined WW last week, though this will be my first full week tracking! I lost 41lbs in 10-11 on the old plan. Over the course of the next few years I put all of it plus 4lbs back on. I could say it was because I severely sprained my ankle in the beginning of '12 and couldn't exercise for months or was on steroids for a few weeks but, in reality, I just got lazy. I stopped cooking at home for a long time and stopped walking on my lunch break. Even though I knew I needed to get my butt up and moving and stop ordering pizza I just stopped caring, falling into my self-loathing abyss.

But I'm motivated now, back in the kitchen and I started walking again last week. I forgot how much I enjoy walking though that first week my shins were on fire! My 2nd weigh in was today and I’m down 6.2lbs! Look forward to chatting with everyone.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:07 PM   #12  
Sassafrass

Welcome Jelma!! Our meeting last week focused on a lot of people that had been to WW a few times. Every time people left because they thought they could do it on their own (including me) and then something clicks where you're like, "Ohhhh...ok..." and then you come back. Hopefully for a final time!

Congrats on 6.2!!!
Old 09-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #13  

Welcome Jelma!! I'm back with WW too after leaving to "do it on my own" I did lose weight on my own, but I recently had gained back about 20 lbs of it and I freaked out. It's comforting to be able to return to something that you know works and that you know you can count on support. Great job!

SoMuchFattitude - your blog post was hilarious! I'm praying that the Clomid works for you and glad to hear it hasn't been that bad so far
Old 09-21-2014, 03:41 AM   #14  
Less of a Better Me

I weighed in and lost .2 pounds. Per Fitbit, I should have lost closer to .8 but I've noticed it is often delayed a week so not worried.

As for MFP and WW -- I do both. I like the WW meetings and weekly weigh in, as it structures my week for me.

I also like the weekly points since I don't eat the exact same amount each day and that allows more flexibility.

At the same time, I really like knowing my calories and the nutritional breakdown. Also, I use the data from MFP to go into Fitbit so I can see my calorie deficit.

So, I track in MFP but also track in WW.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #15  
Sassafrass

Linda, thanks! Writing is my outlet.

Koshka, I've never documented both. You know you can click on the nutritional value aspect of any food while logging it? I wish there was a way that it logged all that too and you could see your macro breakdown at the end of the day.