Old 09-14-2014, 09:09 AM   #1  

Default Any maintainers here?

Hi there,

I always have the impression in our meetings that most folks keep losing and regaining. We have not a single maintainer attending our meetings.

Are any of u successfully maintaining on WW? Are u still counting points?
Xena31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:46 AM   #2  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

We have quite a few maintainers in my weekly meeting and most of them seem to still be counting points or using simply filling.
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:45 AM   #3  
Less of a Better Me

Right now I am about 15 pounds above my goal weight (I am a lifetime member). My husband is a lifetime member and is maintaining. He does track.

We have several lifetime members who attend the meetings I've been going to.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #4  
Loving Simply Filling

S/C/G: 195/161.4/164

Height: 5'8"

I am a lifetime member but up 15 lbs. For me I stopped tracking and used my activity levels to allow myself to eat more. I think a huge key is continuing to track and go to meetings. I am back at it but online this time. Looking forward to getting back on track.
Dixiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #5  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Maintainer here!

The key is, for me to, keep tracking, go to meetings.

Our leader recently retired, in the mean time, I was training for receptionist. No one wanted the leader spot, so I raised my hand, and now I am the leader!

Loving it!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:42 PM   #6  

A word of caution...be careful if you feel you are in danger of gaining it all back. I'm speaking from experience. Lost 137 pounds mid 2008 to late 2009
kept it off til early 2014 am now up 40 pounds and am finally terrified enough to get back in control. Its a slippery slope but I'd rather crawl my way back from 40 pounds than 137 so wish me luck
Points are the plan for me and I love Points Plus
If I can't do this on my own I'm going back to meetings. Having my Lifetime status is a goal I worked darn hard for. I want to get back to my goal weight
I certainly know what to do, now to apply it !
notgivingupever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I got lifetime about 6 years ago, and have gained 7lbs since. I remember there was a woman that used to come to weigh in every week who was very obviously a maintainer - this woman was FIT! I asked her and she said that she weighed in every Friday for over 10 years, but no longer attended meetings.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:31 PM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Maintaining, is a slippery slope.

A slope, I've been up and down, over my life.

I love WW, I'm even a leader now, and I do love it. And following it, is what has helped me to maintain. But, I had to figure out maintaining on my own.

WW, while a great program, it's about losing. And does not lend itself to the people who maintain.

Maintainers, we don't get any kudos! No rewards, no pats on the back, for sticking with it.

On the other hand, I doubt any other WL programs, do that either.

I will never give up my WW program, because it keeps me sane, but, WW, Jenny, Nutri, what ever, program, they are totally missing the boat with the maintainers!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:27 AM   #9  
Less of a Better Me

When I first got to lifetime (early 1990s), my leader had a maintenance meeting each week at the end of the regular meeting. It was for everyone who was in either the 6 week maintenance period or was lifetime. It was short -- maybe 10 minutes long but was really great. (Of course, now they do program explanations at the end of the meeting so it doesn't work to do that).

I think the main reason WW doesn't do anything for lifetimers at goal is that, well, they bring in no money so it would simply be a cost for WW that would not bring in any income. Since WW is a for profit company I can't even really blame them for this. But I do wish they would do more.

Some meetings I've been to acknowledge everyone who attends who is lifetime at goal and gives them a Bravo sticker which is I think something that is nice (but that isn't done at my current meeting).
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote