Old 06-19-2014, 08:50 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 201/189/165

Height: 5`3"

has anyone here switched from Ideal Protein to weight watchers> I have been doing Ideal Protein for three weeks and lost 7 pounds but its expensive and hard to do when you have to cook for a family.
Any thoughts?
jeanl151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:29 PM   #32  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoofie View Post
First week back at it, and I lost 3.8 pounds! I also ran my second 5K on Sunday and loved it (although my legs hated me for a couple days after...hahaha.)

Great to get this kind of motivation my first week back.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:30 PM   #33  
Never Giving Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidlets View Post
Hi All!
thought I'd jump in here! I had my meeting today and I was up 2.6, which wasn't a surprise at all. I'm also going to another meeting tonight with a friend to support her so I'm hoping I can get things to really sink in.

Hi and Good Luck Lynn!
Old 06-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #34  
Never Giving Up

Happy Sunday. My scale gave me a summer gift. When I stepped on yesterday I was suddenly two pounds lighter. Same thing today so it is not a fluke. I can't even try to figure it out. lol The only advice is just stick to plan, and if you retain water for whatever reason it is frustrating, but it is not fat, and eventually it will go away.

Today we are having a BBQ for dinner. Strip steak; corn on the cob; tomato salad; and roasted sweet potatoes. The figuring out the points for the steak is annoying, they list dozens of steaks. ugh. but I'll cut off the fat and then weigh the meat and I should be fine. Strip steak is not very fatty.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #35  
Less of a Better Me

Great result Snoofie. Good plan kidlets. That BBQ sounds great, Serenity

I didn't weigh in Friday since the kids had medical appointments that conflicted. Right now I'm now about .2 of a pound from my last weigh in.

I am finally totally off the walker and trying to get back into exercise which really does help my calorie burn. I've been using the exercise bike, went to the Y to use the elliptical and weight machines. Have physical therapy this week also.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

This is my second day on WW and so far I'm finding it rather easy to keep track of compared to what I was doing before. =)
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #37  
Never Giving Up

Koshka, kudos to you for being so dedicated to working out. Were you the one going on the float trip with your family or am I thinking of someone else?

lovedancelive keep at it, tracking gets easier and easier as you do it. Do you have the WW app? I couldn't live without mine. I'm looking into alternatives, read much cheaper, lol, but I'm giving myself a full year on the real WW online.

Miracle, someone game me a slice of birthday cake, and I didn't even want to taste it!! I just gave it to one of my students as a reward. This is huge for me. In the past I would have wolfed it down, just because it was cake.

Have a great week!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

My subscription is a bit less than $5 a week, what other options are there for less? Cheaper is (almost) always good! Mine is only for 3 months, at which point I'll see where I am. I have the app and I scan everything I can. If I can't figure out the point count for something, I don't get it or I make it a point to calculate it.
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #39  
Less of a Better Me

No float trip for me (although that sounds wonderful).

I went to the physical therapist today and they gave me some weight bearing exercises and said I could do them there or do them at home so I'm going to do them at home. She also said it was fine for me to do lower body strength training exercises at the Y (I did go over the specific ones with her to get clarification as to which ones are OK). I'm just really happy that I can move and burn some more calories now.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:18 PM   #40  
Never Giving Up

Koshka, so happy for you. I know you were very frustrated.

I don't attend meetings, I only do online so it's $18.99 a month. I've seen people talking about different apps that will convert to points which costs $2.99 one time charge. I'll have to investigate further, I decided I'm sticking to real WW until Christmas, it will be one full year. I should have everything I need to do under my belt by then.

Going for a nice walk now, so glad the humidity is gone for now. See, I have 1001 different excuses why I don't have to exercise. lol I don't even do it now to lose weight, I do it to remain strong.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #41  
Less of a Better Me

Serenity - One thing some online people do is when they get to their last 10 pounds or so they join as a meetings member so they can get to lifetime. Once you are lifetime, you get free etools if you weigh in at goal (or not more than 2 pounds above)
Old 06-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #42  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Second weigh-in tonight, and I know I'm up. It's TOM for me, and I'd be surprised if I don't gain the 3.8 I lost last week! *L* I know it's only temporary and all, but it'll still be a downer. Bah.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 189/189/160

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! I'm back on WW... trying to lose this baby weight.. my DD is now 8months. Fruits for breaky, veggie wrap (with WW tortillas) for lunch and beef and Veggy stirfry for diner tonight with a half cup of rice, I'm quite proud of myself.. still have 2 points left for my day!

Last edited by April1985; 06-25-2014 at 07:13 PM.
April1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #44  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi there...

Tonight was my second WW meeting this time around, I skipped the scale because I ate some Chinese and a bit of birthday cake when celebrating with family. I'm becoming friendly with a few of the members, one of them walked with me for a few blocks and we laughed. . He's taken but I enjoy his personality.

I tried to sign up for WW online tonight, there was a technical issue. I know it's expensive to do online and meetings but that's what worked best for me.

I'm happy because I'm about 21 lbs lighter from a few years back as of the weigh in last week, wow! I've still got a ways to go but I'm actually beginning to think of this as doable.

Take care, good night.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:23 PM   #45  
Less of a Better Me

See if you can sign up for a Monthly Pass. That is usually cheaper than just doing meetings and gives you online etools as well.