Old 06-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #16  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Hi Snoofie, did you get back to your meeting yet?

Its helpful when you have a support network. When one has a weight issue, all other emotion charged issues affect weight loss. So even if the support is indirectly weight watchers, it is still helpful to weight loss.

Hope everyone is doing well. Last week, I was on the brink of two very bad news items. Today, less than one week later, all's well that ends well is what I can say. I went a little off on the plan dealing with it all, but nothing that can't easily be repaired since I an right back on track.

Last edited by Serenity100; 06-09-2014 at 08:14 PM.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:24 PM   #17  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone, I'm still around, just haven't been following weight watchers. Not too much of a terrible gain, life has been happening. 3 lbs heavier than when I left, I can live with that. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #18  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity100 View Post
Hi Snoofie, did you get back to your meeting yet?

Its helpful when you have a support network. When one has a weight issue, all other emotion charged issues affect weight loss. So even if the support is indirectly weight watchers, it is still helpful to weight loss.
No, I haven't gone back yet, but that's only because the meeting's not till tomorrow I'm going back to the evening meetings, starting tomorrow.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:34 PM   #19  
Up and at 'em...again!

Went back to my meeting! The damage wasn't *quite* as bad as I expected, but I have 20 pounds to lose to get back to goal. I can totally do this!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #20  
Less of a Better Me

That's great you went back Snoofie. Really 20 pounds is totally something that you can do! You are being so much smarter about this than I was at a similar time in my life.

On another note -- I weighed in last Friday and was up .8 (this was basically because I had been sick before and weighed in at a very low weight and as soon as I felt like eating again, I quickly went back up).

This week I've been really hungry and ate most of my weekly points although I've stayed on program.

I had been on non-weight bearing status on my left leg (trabecular bone injury) but am now able to bear some weight and transitioning to full weight bearing. I'm going to buy an exercise bike which my doctor has recommended due to my bad knee. Also, I plan to join the Y again so I can use the ellipticals. If I like the elliptical and it doesn't hurt my knee I plan to buy one in a few months. I'm just happy that in 9 more days I can quit using the walker entirely and can be full weight bearing.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #21  
Never Giving Up

Snoofie, glad you went back to the meeting. 20 lbs, you can do it!

Koshka, glad you are healing and hanging in there!

DBA, glad to see you, don't be a stranger.

Have a nice weekend all.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #22  
Less of a Better Me

Good week for me! I weighed in with a 2.2 pound loss (to my shock) and got a 5 pound star for my 40.6 pound total loss.

Last week I was getting back to eating after being sick and gained .8 pounds even though I had a good week eating. This week I ate more -- I ate 48 of my 49 weekly points -- but lost 2.2 pounds. Go figure. Usually after a big loss the next week's loss is minimal, so I figure that next Friday I won't lose much at all. But I'm happy with this week.

After the meeting I went and bought a recumbent exercise bike to use since I'm not supposed to do fitness walking for cardiovascular exercise any more. It will be delivered tomorrow so I'm really glad I'll be able to get back to some regular exercise. And, as of next Thursday I'll be completely done with using the walker so that is great also.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:34 PM   #23  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi! I think I'll chime in. I used to do WW Meetings and etools, I am going to rejoin this week. I hope that I find a leader who I click with because for me that was part of the key to my success but so is accountability. I plan on doing WW meetings and etools again, starting this week. Any advice on how to get over the initial fear of stepping on the scale and facing that ever so daunting number?

Take care

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:25 AM   #24  
Less of a Better Me

The only thing that has helped me with that is to (1) weigh at home first so I'm not surprised and (2) realize that I weigh what I weigh and not weighing in doesn't change that. That is, not weighing in is just a way of sticking my head in the sand. If I don't weigh in, but really weigh X I still weigh X whether I know it is or not.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:58 PM   #25  
Never Giving Up

exactly. not that I should talk. lol but in the past I just didn't weigh myself for months, and months. Total denial, like, if you don't step on the scale, you don't really weigh that amount.

Now I use the scale as my friend. I weigh every freaking day because I know if I go off plan one iota it will show up on the scale. That is the kind of body I have.

Tomorrow I'm having lots of family over for a bbq. I am going to figure out what to eat before hand and stick with it. No need to eat everything. And my sister is bringing over that machine that you put in frozen fruits and it makes ice-cream. Forgot what they call it.

ttfn
Old 06-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hello,

My name is Lynn, I am a Lifetime WW member & I just re-joined. In 2006, I lost 40 lbs. Between 2006 and 2013 I kept it off. My sister died 1 year ago & I have gained 15 lbs in that year.

After trying MANY things, I decided to return to WW.

I am hoping that I will be able to get back to my goal weight. I look forward to getting to know each of you.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #27  
Less of a Better Me

Hi, Lynn. So smart to go back having gained back 15. When I went over my goal weight (I'm lifetime regained also) I didn't go back until I had regained everything!
Old 06-18-2014, 04:39 PM   #28  
Never Giving Up

Hi Lynn, sorry about your sister. Keeping the weight off so many years will be very helpful. You know what to do, you just have to do it.

I turn to food as a coping mechanism also.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #29  

Height: 5'4"

Hi All!
thought I'd jump in here! I had my meeting today and I was up 2.6, which wasn't a surprise at all. I'm also going to another meeting tonight with a friend to support her so I'm hoping I can get things to really sink in.

Hi and Good Luck Lynn!
kidlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #30  
Up and at 'em...again!

First week back at it, and I lost 3.8 pounds! I also ran my second 5K on Sunday and loved it (although my legs hated me for a couple days after...hahaha.)

Great to get this kind of motivation my first week back.