Old 04-14-2014, 07:05 PM   #46  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hi!

I'm thinking about rejoining WW, I'm not sure if I'll do online or meetings. I like the support from other WW members.

Take care!

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #47  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

You won't regret it. It does hurt the bank account a little bit at times if you do meetings, but if you can hold yourself accountable, just go with online.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #48  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Thanks DrivenbyAmbition!

I am going to move soon and I am thinking about finding a meeting where I'll be. I had a great leader a few years ago, I really bonded and clicked with her, I actually reached my 10% Goal! I hope that I can do that again, I find that the meeting support can be good because it's nice to make friends, I feel much less alone with that.

Take care,

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:07 PM   #49  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
Thanks DrivenbyAmbition!

I am going to move soon and I am thinking about finding a meeting where I'll be. I had a great leader a few years ago, I really bonded and clicked with her, I actually reached my 10% Goal! I hope that I can do that again, I find that the meeting support can be good because it's nice to make friends, I feel much less alone with that.

Take care,

Amy
Hi Amy, you're right, if you find a great leader, it makes all the difference in the world. Years ago I became a lifetime member with a leader who was very motivating. I also have seen some meh-leaders. I think that if you have been to meetings, then WW online is much easier. I couldn't imagine doing it without having any background. So either way, it will work for you. If you are low on funds, I have to say the WW App is awesome to keep track of your points.

Either way, I hope you stick around here.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #50  
Less of a Better Me

I'm a big believer in the in person meetings. It isn't so much that I learn anything new there. But, I find the weekly weigh in keeps me accountable and going to the meeting keeps me focused on weight loss. I know some people do great with the online only but I do better going to meetings....

On the Gluten Free, DH and I went Gluten Free for the month of December (we found out we weren't gluten sensitive). I knew our grocery store had an entire section of Gluten Free foods so I immediately checked it out. I was so disappointed when I found out that so much of it was nutritionally empty gluten free foods. Sigh.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #51  
Goal is health

I stick mostly with meat and veggies, Koshka, but haven't delved into the world of gluten free bread. I know it tends to be high in calories... Just getting a little tired of the same meals and need to experiment in the kitchen. I'm going to have to follow this lifestyle the rest of my life, and feel like I'm getting a handle on it. My symptoms are subsiding little by little, and I am hoping that it keeps going that way.

I've been so paranoid because my symptoms have come up with cross-contamination 10 times as worse as before I went gluten-free. I also am sensitive to some gluten-free items that can label themselves gluten-free because it contains 20 parts per million (or some statistic like that)

Take care.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #52  
Goal is health

I just noticed I am 15lbs away from goal once more... I'm so excited.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:49 PM   #53  
Less of a Better Me

That's great on being so close to goal.

I didn't try any of the gluten free bread myself. DH tried some (I think it was made with rice flour) but he didn't like it. I did eat some corn tortillas while I was off gluten and used those for some things I might have normally used bread for. But my store has stuff like gluten free cookies and gluten free cakes and other junk food some of which is very high sugar. We avoided all that.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #54  
Never Giving Up

DBA- you're rocking it girl!

Just read an inspiring article in our local paper about a gorgeous young lady who went from 295 to 145 using WW. She is an opera singer to boot, and she was only getting the "old maid" roles because she was overweight. This motivated her to lose the weight. It took her over two years, and she has kept it off for over five years. The best advice she received from her leader, and I think it applies to all of us was

It's not about will power. It's about want power. Figure out what you want and go for it.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #55  
Never Giving Up

Default GF Artichoke Quiche

Here's what I am making for dinner tonight. Thought I would share since it is crust free, and only 2 points per serving. I am going to eat a double portion for dinner. Plus instead of soy cheese and soy milk, Ill use ff milk and cheese. Double check the points, but I think it is the same whatever kind of milk you use. Oh, yeah, I leave out the tarragon, don't care for it. lol p.s. I never made it before so if it falls apart, don't blame me. hahaha

WW Artichoke Quiche

1 spray(s) cooking spray
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium uncooked onion(s), red, thinly sliced
13 3/4 oz canned artichoke hearts without oil
1/2 tsp dried tarragon
1 cup(s) regular plain soy milk
2 large egg(s), lightly beaten
2 large egg white(s), lightly beaten
3 oz regular soy cheese, grated mozzarella variety, divided (about 3/4 cup)
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Boil 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan.

Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add artichoke hearts and tarragon. Cook until artichokes are heated through, about 2 minutes.

Meanwhile, whisk together milk, eggs, egg whites, 1/2 cup of cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Pour into prepared pie plate. Scatter onion mixture evenly over egg mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.

To bake quiche, create a water bath: Set a large sheet pan with sides on a flat surface. Place pie plate on sheet pan. Pour hot water around pie plate so it goes 1/2 inch up sides of pie plate (do not get water on quiche). Carefully lift sheet pan to prevent splattering water and place in oven. Bake in water bath until quiche is set in center, about 45 minutes.

To remove pie plate from water bath, slide 2 large spatulas under pie plate and remove pie plate from oven (make sure to wear oven mitts). Leave sheet pan in oven so water can cool before removing pan from oven.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Serenity100 good idea to pack lots of water and snacks... whenever I am in medical surroundings I tend to get nervous too and forget all about that. Then the vending machine is all sold out of water and all that is left is pop One time a family member was in the hospital for about a week and we all lived off a well-known coffee shop's coffees and bagels..it was not good circumstances mind you. Overall I often wish there were more options readily available in those kinds of situations! I hope your husband is ok from his procedure.

Last edited by waterdreamer; 04-15-2014 at 03:54 PM.
waterdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:16 PM   #57  

I am just trying to respond as I am reading Welcome to all the new members. This is a great, supportive thread filled with beautiful people motivating and encouraging each other to keep pressing forward

Serenity - good for you for exercising. I found that exercise has been great in managing stress. Especially as you keep exercising and build muscle - you will notice that even if you miss a day that you will still lose weight.

As for myself I have been doing ok. I switched to weighing myself daily and it has helped tremendously with my mentality towards maintenance eating/exercising. Because I am aware of the scale on a daily basis, it stops be from overrating during stressful moments and helps me feel okay eating my activity points.

So, I am seeing more of the "reality" of the impact of eating and exercising in a way that weekly weigh one did not provide. Ill write and respond more a little later but wanted to throw out my encouragement and to say thanks to those who helped me in the last month when I felt so desperate. I might not have responded but I have been reading
Autumnjana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:16 PM   #58  
Goal is health

Autumn, I'm a daily weigher as well. I've tried not weighing daily, but it doesn't do much for me. I don't really get discouraged with gains, I just take it for what it is and reflect.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:16 AM   #59  

DrivenByAmbition,

Oh that's good to hear! I was always against daily weighing because I heard it could be discouraging. But it has been almost two weeks since I have started weighing myself daily and I feel more at peace with myself and my daily food decisions than ever. I still feel a little angry that I "can't" eat junk food like everyone else, but at least the desire to overeat and other related eating disorder activities hae subsided greatly.

I think it has something to do with the effect of immediately seeing the fruits of your labor - if I make good food choices one day, usually it is reflected on my weight the next morning.

Maintenance mode is really a whole other animal, I am finding. The intensity and excitement of losing weight week after week doesn't really go away and you kind of still have to deal with the feeling of intensity, except there is not a lot to direct it towards. Since weighing in daily, I have started redirecting my intense feelings into a different, more intense workout.

It feels fantastic to challenge my body and to take it to athletic levels I never knew I could accomplish before. So, that has been a positive

I am supposed to get my lifetime key charm in 1.5 weeks if everything goes to plan

Driven, congrats on being so close to your goal!!! You must be very excited.
Autumnjana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #60  
Never Giving Up

Good Morning!
Autumn and DBA, you both are an inspiration to us all!

Today was my WI and I lost 2.5! What? lol I think it was the exercising, because everything else was exactly the same. If that isn't a lesson for me to learn, I don't know what is.

I was getting all panicky because today I'm going out to lunch, then Sat., I have overnight guests, and then Easter Sunday. But this big loss has set my resolve to keep at it and not sabotage myself. It will just take lots of planning.

I suggest two very healthy restaurants to Mom and sis for lunch today. But nooooo, they said, wait for it, they don't like healthy and organic. So now we are going to Juniors Cheesecake. ugh. It's all good, I checked the menu and they have a 1/2 a sandwich with a salad special. I can make that work. Going to figure the points out now.

TTFN. Keep on doing it everyone!